• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don Hoff, Cumberland. MD

Father of Ron Hoff, Potomac Chapter, SDC

March 22, 2017
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Bob, what about him??Did something happen?? Last I heard from Ron, he was progressing well in rehab????? Gordon

Comment

Ron is also a member of the Keystone Region Chapter. He and his dad were with us on IDYSD 2016.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	P9100350.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	1713010
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Don was a true Gentleman, may he Rest In Peace. Our heartfelt sympathy to Ron and Family.

Jim & Judy Sinclair
        I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Don's obituary- http://adamsfamilyfuneralhome.com/ob...ld-warren-hoff
          Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
          '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I saw Ron at York this year, I'm almost certain.

I didn't know them well, but had seen father and son at a bunch of Studebaker events over the years. I displayed my '63 Daytona Skytop next to their beautiful red-with-white-top '65 Daytona Sports Sedan, at the Dearborn international meet in '95. I remember both Don and Ron as nice fellows.
            Bill Pressler
            Kent, OH
            (formerly Greenville, PA)
            Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
            Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
            1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
            1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
            All are in Australia now

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pressler View Post
              I saw Ron at York this year, I'm almost certain.

I didn't know them well, but had seen father and son at a bunch of Studebaker events over the years. I displayed my '63 Daytona Skytop next to their beautiful red-with-white-top '65 Daytona Sports Sedan, at the Dearborn international meet in '95. I remember both Don and Ron as nice fellows.
              Unfortunately I think this York Meet was the first he had missed in a long time. A few days before York Don had blacked out while driving and rear-ended a dump truck which totaled his car and injured himself. He was found to have a very weak heart. I believe he was released from the hospital only to soon return where he passed away.

A few years ago the Potomac Chapter had a tour which included visiting the D Day Memorial in Bedford, VA. Ron and Don were there. Don talked about his D Day experiences. He was a Navy man on a ship supporting the Normandy invasion. His ship was sunk I think by a mine. Don was in the water for a while then was rescued by another ship. It was also sunk very soon after the rescue.
              Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
              '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Ron was definitely at York--I saw him too, but did not get an opportunity to speak to him---Don was indeed a fine man and will be missed by all.

Comment

Working...
                X