Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Considering Dentistry for a second career...Stude-Related!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jts359 View Post
    Beautiful car, but whoever owns that garage might want to think about a moisture barrier. Its amazing how much moisture comes up thru Cement. I use indoor out door carpet , just saying , Ed
    Good point, Ed. I have carpet segments all around and fans running 24/7. So my Morton Building is well-ventilated but does get damp floors during extreme humidity and temp swings. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I layed down plastic over the entire garage floor cement, then covered the plastic with free carpet. Sure makes it nice to work under the car also.

Comment

Great looking car Bill. It's been too long for you to be without a Studebaker. Looking forward to seeing it at Greenville this July.
        Regards, Dave Bonn.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-047S.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	1713000Here's a picture of it not to long after I bought it. It was a nice driving car. It was the only Studebaker I ever owned that didn't leak oil, unlike my 63 that always leaves its mark.
          Last edited by joncon; 03-21-2017, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by joncon View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]63020[/ATTACH]Here's a picture of it not too long after I bought it. It was a nice driving car. It was the only Studebaker I ever owned that didn't leak oil, unlike my 63 that always leaves its mark.
            John, that was after the rust repair and the frame straightening on the left B pillar, right? I don't see how you ever found used 1966 doors in Timberline Turquoise; that was quite a score for the rebuild.

You sure do nice work.

(Just funnin' ya and making sure Bill Pressler's ticker is working....) BP
            Last edited by BobPalma; 03-21-2017, 11:22 AM.
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
              John, that was after the rust repair and the frame straightening on the left B pillar, right? I don't see how you ever found used 1966 doors in Timberline Turquoise; that was quite a score for the rebuild.

You sure do nice work.

(Just funnin' ya and making sure Bill Pressler's ticker is working....) BP
              Funny guy, Bob! LOL

John, a non-leaking Studebaker is somewhat new to me, too, LOL. I always had a big piece of cardboard laying around and was always saying "Don't put that box in recycling! I need it for my Stude!".
              Bill Pressler
              Kent, OH
              (formerly Greenville, PA)
              Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
              Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
              1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
              1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
              All are in Australia now

Comment

Bill, You have a very nice car. Welcome back. This is a winner.

Comment

Assembly date, Nov. 12, 1965, was a Friday. Should I be worried? LOL
                  Bill Pressler
                  Kent, OH
                  All are in Australia now

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pressler View Post
                    Not unless we know the time of day, Bill.

Are you waiting until it is in your driveway to post an updated signature line? BP

Comment

Well...it has been around for approximately 52 years...still going...drive-able...that should indicate the vehicle no longer qualifies as having any manufacturer's defects. In fact, now that you own it...it's up to you! From now own, if it burps, hiccups, or stumbles...you'll get the blame.
                      John Clary
                      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Whew! Bob when I quickly glanced at the thread title, I misread it and thought you said dysentery! Eat more fiber.( I never said I could spell)
                        Last edited by bezhawk; 03-22-2017, 05:51 AM.
                        Bez Auto Alchemy
                        573-318-8948
                        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

I bought some cheap indoor-outdoor carpet, but it's thin and doesn't have rubber backing. Am I better just to leave it off my garage floor? Thinking I'll put a small fan on the floor in front of the '66, although the wife doesn't seem thrilled with that idea, LOL.
                          Bill Pressler
                          Kent, OH
                          All are in Australia now

Comment

I bought some cheap indoor-outdoor carpet, but it's thin and doesn't have rubber backing. Am I better just to leave it off my garage floor? Thinking I'll put a small fan on the floor in front of the '66, although the wife doesn't seem thrilled with that idea, LOL.
                            What???!!! You're gonna store it in the GARAGE?

What happened to the idea of expanding the family room so it could be indoors?

(FWIW: It's had a 20" breeze box fan blowing on low speed across the undercarriage ever since it got here.) BP

Comment

LOL! I think I need to 'sell' Sheila on the fan idea some more!
                              Bill Pressler
                              Kent, OH
                              All are in Australia now

Comment

Working...
                              X