Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any 1956 or 1957 (+\_) wagons out there???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any 1956 or 1957 (+\_) wagons out there???

My wife again mentioned she'd like to have a Stude station wagon. She mentioned this a few years ago and I casually brought it up on the forum with little success. Now she mentioned it again so maybe she is seious. So, does anyone have one to sell or know of one that could be bought? Pretty certain it would need to be a V8. The 56 or 57 variety is what she has seen and taken note of but I can't rule out earlier or later models. I don't think she would want the Wagonair however. Condition is somewhat open but a solid barn find up to a nice driver would be the range with me leaning toward the driver side. PM me or mention it here which ever you're comfortable with. Thanks.

Obviously a lady of impeccable discernment and taste.

Comment

Sorry, no longer for sale, but you should show her these so she can see how a 56 Wagon is supposed to look.[URL=http://s296.photobucket.com/user/sals54/media/photo%202_zpsxmuiblxd.jpg.html][/URL
      sals54

Comment

Originally posted by nels View Post
        My wife again mentioned she'd like to have a Stude station wagon. She mentioned this a few years ago and I casually brought it up on the forum with little success. Now she mentioned it again so maybe she is seious. So, does anyone have one to sell or know of one that could be bought? Pretty certain it would need to be a V8. The 56 or 57 variety is what she has seen and taken note of but I can't rule out earlier or later models. I don't think she would want the Wagonair however. Condition is somewhat open but a solid barn find up to a nice driver would be the range with me leaning toward the driver side. PM me or mention it here which ever you're comfortable with. Thanks.
        A two-tone 1956 President Pinehurst is definitely 'where it's at' Nels!

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
          There is one in the Ron Hackenberger Auction coming up!

Comment

And a rare 1957 Packard wagon at the same auction.
            sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
            Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
            "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Here's another '56 for referrence. As found in 2006:

At the moment I can't locate more recent pics of the car. The dents you see I have knocked out and have redone a few things.
              Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I've got one that can be let go. 1956 Parkview/Commander with V-8, overdrive transmission and power steering. Newly upholstered seats, NOS door panels, new headliner needing to be installed, recently rebuilt brakes. Drove very well when I was driving it, but it's been sitting for 3 or 4 years. Paint job is terrible/awful/lousy/crappy.

My email address is in my profile. Don't have a camera, so that puts a damper on selling anything on the Internet.
                RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                  Yes, I'd love to find one of those. There was one for sale ap around NY city a few years ago but the Crome was missing and I'm sure it was rusted to beat the band. I remember it had power seat and maybe factory air(?).

Comment

Originally posted by qsanford View Post
                    There is one in the Ron Hackenberger Auction coming up!
                    I'll have to check that out. It's just up the road about 50 miles or so.

Comment

Originally posted by sals54 View Post
                      Sorry, no longer for sale, but you should show her these so she can see how a 56 Wagon is supposed to look.[URL=http://s296.photobucket.com/user/sals54/media/photo%202_zpsxmuiblxd.jpg.html][/URL
                      Can't show her those, Sal. She will think they all should have that roof line. Then what am I to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Jessie J. View Post
                        Obviously a lady of impeccable discernment and taste.
                        It's only taken about fifty years and if it wasn't for my daughter suggesting my wife should get a Studebaker wagon she still wouldn't be getting it. Haha

Comment

It is all a matter of taste (or lack of it ) I guess, but I could never get past that '56 Grille, but the side trim on the '56 President Pinehurst is Great!

Click image for larger version

Name:	57 Parkview @ Portland (from Cali).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	1712971 Click image for larger version

Name:	57PresidentBroadmoor.jpg
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	1712972 Click image for larger version

Name:	57Parkview_IncaYellowRF.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	1712973 Click image for larger version

Name:	Broadmoor Matt's1.jpg
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	1712974 Click image for larger version

Name:	Yellow Pelham3.jpg
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	1712975 Click image for larger version

Name:	White_Gold Broadmoor1.jpg
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	1712976Click image for larger version

Name:	Parkview Pelham Reedsville 09.jpg
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	1712978Click image for larger version

Name:	Provincial Red Wht1.JPG
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	1712977Click image for larger version

Name:	Parkview Red_ White New York6.jpg
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	1712979

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ross 57 Provincial.jpg
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	1712980 This outta give Her something to think about! I think this is a good selection of COLORS, all Factory or close, except 2.
                          These Pics can be clicked TWICE.
                          Last edited by StudeRich; 03-19-2017, 01:33 PM.
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

JMHO, but I'd go for the '57 Packard wagon and add a Powershift tranny and a serious layer of sound deadening mat over every inch of the interior. I know one long-time SDCer who built a nice wagon and then sold it because he said it had too much highway noise. Your opinions and results may vary.

jack vines
                            PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
                              I've got one that can be let go. 1956 Parkview/Commander with V-8, overdrive transmission and power steering. Newly upholstered seats, NOS door panels, new headliner needing to be installed, recently rebuilt brakes. Drove very well when I was driving it, but it's been sitting for 3 or 4 years. Paint job is terrible/awful/lousy/crappy.

My email address is in my profile. Don't have a camera, so that puts a damper on selling anything on the Internet.
                              Roy, Check your PM. I have an Avanti radio I need converted to FM/plug in
                              sals54

Comment

Working...
                              X