Thread: SDC International Meet/Nashville?

SDC International Meet/Nashville?

I went, but cant remember what year....

(Soon I'll be able to hide my own Easter eggs)
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Yep, 92. I am still using my Music City meet insulated mugs, so it is easy for me to check the date.
    Last edited by 52-fan; 03-19-2017 at 06:39 PM.

"In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.

President Member
    That is the first meet we went to. Brought back a radiator on the airplane.
    Perry
    \'50 Business Champ,
    \'50 Starlight Champ,
    \'60 Lark Convertible,
    \'63 GT R1,
    \'67 Triumph TR4A

President Member
    That 92 Meet was memorable. Carroll Studebaker showed his President Roadster for the first time taking out the Pre War award. Had dinner with the great Lionel Stone & had a look at his magnificent home plus his other unique collections. Aah - memories.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
    MELBOURNE.

President Member
    'bout time for another one, since I missed the '92 by 4 years.....

The '92 meet was the last big event I drove my (now retired) 60 Lark to. Also, I think the last personal encounter with two cherished Studebaker icons before they completed life's journey. The great Bob Bourke, who signed one of his books for me, was one. The other, I have a Polaroid pic (no digital camera then) of myself with Carroll Studebaker, standing next to his '32 President. Don't know how other attendees viewed that meet, but as I recall, it was very "up-beat," and everybody seemed to have a great time.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

My first Studebaker national meet was when it was held in the Twin Cities. That was before I moved back here, but happened to be in town visiting my parents. There was an excellent pair of front fenders for a 1950 Champion for $125 for the pair. I'm still kicking myself for not buying them. I don't remember the year of the meet though.

Champion Member
    Are there any Studebaker related events near Nashville? Nothing posted on SDC homepage.

President Member
    Nashville was a great meet! Not to throw this of course, but does anyone know who might be working on hosting the 2019 International?
    JS
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

President Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TWChamp View Post
    My first Studebaker national meet was when it was held in the Twin Cities. That was before I moved back here, but happened to be in town visiting my parents. There was an excellent pair of front fenders for a 1950 Champion for $125 for the pair. I'm still kicking myself for not buying them. I don't remember the year of the meet though.
    That was 1994 & my favorite Meet. Very well organised & the last occasion I spent time with Brooks Stevens as he had been to an Australian Studebaker Meet iin 1979.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
    MELBOURNE.

Yep, that was a very good meet ! I was working there at the airport and made a few check it out trips to the show, and Karen and I also entered her Avanti ( I think this pic is from that show, we didn't date the photo ) and I drove our big blue 58 flatbed truck up there. I too really enjoyed meeting and listening to Bob Burke, and remember his opening statement about being the guy we could blame the fender stripe rust on the 53-up cars, ha ! Does anyone remember the two-tone brown Coupe Express that was there ? That was the 1st one I had ever seen and fell in love on the spot ! We were in that local club at the time, mighty nice folks ! Hello to any of you mid-Tennessee'rs that might remember us !
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by HAWK64 View Post
    That was 1994 & my favorite Meet. Very well organised & the last occasion I spent time with Brooks Stevens as he had been to an Australian Studebaker Meet iin 1979.
    I would have been for sure. Brooks Stevens passed away the following January.

You may recall I sold you a couple of blocks of Canadian commemorative postage stamps at that meet.

Craig

President Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 8E45E View Post
    I would have been for sure. Brooks Stevens passed away the following January.

You may recall I sold you a couple of blocks of Canadian commemorative postage stamps at that meet.

Craig
    You have a sharp memory Craig. I went to my Studebaker philatelic file & here they are still in the mint condition you sold them to me.DSC03260.jpg

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
    MELBOURNE.