62 Lark Rear Leafs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame / Springs: 62 Lark Rear Leafs

Besides eatondetroit springs, are there other manufacturers that have something that fits a stude? I would even go to get some from the junkyard if something fits. I am having a hard time finding the stock dimensions of the springs as well which is making things difficult.

I would like to use some which are lower and stiffer. Any info would be much appreciated.

They are approx. 50 1/4" eye to eye. But they are 20 1/4" center of front eye to center of spring pad bolt. There were so many different springs made with varying true arches, it will be difficult to find one that will make you happy. I would say that an Avanti spring would do the trick.

Comment

On the Avanti resource page I saw someone cut up a spring pack to add a leaf and bring it back up. Maybe I'll go that route, even though the effort seems enormous.

Comment

Originally posted by hitbyastick View Post
        On the Avanti resource page I saw someone cut up a spring pack to add a leaf and bring it back up. Maybe I'll go that route, even though the effort seems enormous.
        I'm going to use the top leaf out of a '65/66 mustang which I have already cleaned and cut off the "eye" ends. But my purpose is to get a little more height and a little more stiffness to compensate for the 60 years of stress the original springs ('59 Silver hawk) have endured.

treblig

Comment

Originally posted by Treblig View Post
          I'm going to use the top leaf out of a '65/66 mustang which I have already cleaned and cut off the "eye" ends. But my purpose is to get a little more height and a little more stiffness to compensate for the 60 years of stress the original springs ('59 Silver hawk) have endured.

treblig
          My non-HD springs are basically flat, almost starting to go into the other direction. So by lowered I mean lower than stock, but definitely higher than what it's doing now.

Comment

Originally posted by hitbyastick View Post
            My non-HD springs are basically flat, almost starting to go into the other direction. So by lowered I mean lower than stock, but definitely higher than what it's doing now.
            I'm in the same boat!! My daughter's springs are going a little backwards also but I don't want new springs (just a little more help). The Mustang leaf should straighten them out and raise to car back to stock.

treblig

Comment

Working...
            X