real rodders wheels .com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels / Tires: real rodders wheels .com

Was thinking of getting these wheels, also put some Hoosier Pro street radials. I am not sure on what size rim and tire combination to go with? Would like little wider in back and little narrower in front.

Uhhhh... what wheels?
    Dean Seavers
    Sacramento, CA

Comment

Normally a 15" x 6" or 7" will fit most all Studebakers.

BUT since you don't say what car you have or which wheel you want...there are no answers for you. What modifications does your car have ?
      I have 15" x 9" wheels on the back of one of my 54 Conestogas and 15" x 8" on the back of the other. BOTH rear fenders are full...of tire. Have 15" x 6" on the front of both.

Mike

Comment

If you are talking about the Avanti/Halibrand style wheel they are listed as being available in up to 10" width. This would be a custom order and I don't know what the cost would be. Give them a call...

On the rear you have to be aware of not only the backspacing but what offset can you use before you start to get fender clearance problems. Also you have to check and measure BOTH sides for clearance as I have seen Studebaker axles with a slight offset of the axle from one side to the other. On the front a 6" wheel usually fits without problems but I have seen where a full lock turn can cause the wheel rim or rubber to contact the grease nipple and tear apart a tire. Take your measurements and then you can decide what works for you.

Comment

Rumor was that they are not producing, or will stop soon, making any more Hallibrand repops.
          Bez Auto Alchemy
          573-318-8948
          http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

I think he means these: http://www.realrodderswheels.biz/Click image for larger version

Name:	halibrand.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	1712903

Comment

63 r2 lark. Yes the Hallibrand #7011 was also needing tire diameter in inches. That is how the Hoosier Pro Street sizes are and what matches what rims

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Lightning View Post
                63 r2 lark. Yes the Hallibrand #7011 was also needing tire diameter in inches. That is how the Hoosier Pro Street sizes are and what matches what rims

The Real Rodders Halibrand reproduction aluminum wheels, $7011 are 15"x6" wheels. Original halibrand wheels for Avanti and other Studebakers were 15"x5", but these reproductions were made in 6-inch width to better accomodate modern tires and radial tires too.
                Lew Schucart
                Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

The original Hallibrand magnesium wheels were 15" x 5.5", not 15x5. The fellow at Real Rodders Wheels told me a couple months ago that they probably would be manufacturing another run of them, but that the price would be a little higher. But, call them for the latest info.
                  -Dwight FitzSimons, Editor, Greater Virginia Chapter-SDC

Comment

I received a set of these wheels about 3 weeks ago. Two of the wheels are the last of the previous production run and two are from the most recent production run. Same exact wheels, but the price went up $25 per wheel for the newest batch.
                    sigpic
                    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                      I received a set of these wheels about 3 weeks ago. Two of the wheels are the last of the previous production run and two are from the most recent production run. Same exact wheels, but the price went up $25 per wheel for the newest batch.
                      I also heard that from them that they ran a new batch of wheels. The first batch must have sold well, since they produced more wheels. I wonder how many wheels were produced in this second batch?
                      Lew Schucart
                      Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

It appears the original Halibrands were 5.5" wideClick image for larger version

Name:	halibrands.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	1713008
                        Eric DeRosa

\'63 R2 Lark
                        \'60 Lark Convertible

Comment

$67.50 per wheel back in 1963, that was a LOT of money! That must be equivalent to about $600 in today's money?
                          sigpic
                          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                            $67.50 per wheel back in 1963, that was a LOT of money! That must be equivalent to about $600 in today's money?
                            $536.07 per

Makes the repros super cheap at $350.00 each !!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X