2-way radio problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2-way radio problems

Bought a 2015 Toyota Tacoma and the book says that using a 2-way radio in it may damage various components. Wondering if others have run into a problem with this. My wife, grown children, and I are all amateur radio operators (HAM).
    sigpicJimmie
    Orange County, Indiana
    1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA

With all the accessories in todays cars, like satellite radio, onstar, GPS, wifi, blutooth, and mobile hotspots to name a few, that work with "flea power" rf , I can see the possibility exists that their fragile little receivers can be fried when someone keys up their CB with a kilowatt linear amp. I guess their warning gives them a lot off wiggle room to get out of free warranty replacement of their overpriced components.

Comment

I think that you are right on every point. I was really looking forward to putting my equipment in my "new" truck. So, I will plan on putting my HF and my 2m in my 62 GT Hawk and make it even more of a daily driver! I will have to say that the fellows with whom I spoke at the dealership tried to be helpful.
      sigpicJimmie
      Orange County, Indiana
      1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA

Comment

Well...I can imagine the next law firm commercial trying to conjure up enough suckers to extort money from another corporation....The commercial will probably go something like this...

THIS (NAME THE CORPORATION) FAILED TO CONSTRUCT THEIR SYSTEMS TO SHIELD ELECTRONICS FROM OUTSIDE INTERFERENCE AND MAY HAVE CAUSED YOUR ACCIDENT.

IF YOU OR A LOVED ONE, WERE INJURED OR DIED DUE TO A MALFUNCTION OR LOSS OF CONTROL, CALL 99999999999999, AND WE WILL GET YOU THE MONEY YOU DESERVE! Next...the small print...we get dollars you get pennies

Maybe I should sue Folgers for the caffeine making my imagination go outta control.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

There are hustlers out there (names and scams deleted) that have a cottage industry of threatening corporations being accused of being (fill in outrage here) unless they pay up what is extortion money and pay the hustler to be on the board of directors or some such other high visibility position. If the corporation doesn't cave in the scammer accuses them of proving the "allegation".
          Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Check out this thread on TacomaWorld https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/...stalls.207841/ HAM seems to be gaining in popularity. I don't have any first hand experience with HAM in a Tacoma and since I work for Toyota I can't really endorse it but it does seem like a lot of guys have it.

Comment

Working...
            X