1949 Stude pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1949 Stude pickup

This is our 1949 Studebaker pickup. Barb and I climbed up into the bed for our wedding! The truck is modified with a 1955 259 V-8, and has been converted to 12v.

Brian K. Curtis,
    1925 Duplex-Phaeton ER
    1949 1/2 ton pickup
    1963 GT Hawk custom
    1966 Daytona 2dr

chocolate turkey
    Irealy like your truck. Ihave a 53. Want to keep it as stock
    as possible. Butalso more modern road worthy. Looking for advice on converting to12v. Want tokeep streight axle everone says I should put in an ifs front end. Would apreciate any advice.
    Ernie ssw585@msn.com

Comment

you've inspired me not to slam mine on the ground. i have a 49 3/4 ton but putting a gm rear and retaining straight axle, basically bumping it down to 1/2 ton status. yours is a bute!

Comment

very nice,wish mine looked as good,workin progress for me,i found my late dads 55 pickup and am putting it back together ,i put a 350 chevy tranny in it ,didnt have the original motor,what kinda wheels interchange on them? i want chrome plain moons on it.

Comment

Brian...great looking truck. I have a 1949 1/2 ton that I have just started working on. I am just about ready to have the chassis powdercoated.

I have the original flathead engine and transmission for this truck, but I think I am going to put in a Ford 302 stroked to 347 just for some fun. Rebuild the original powerplant and just crate it away for future use.

Steve Saeger
          Marysville, Ohio

Comment

Working...
          X