Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Registry Formed This Minute ;

Hi Folks :

I have been weighing my options and have decided to take on a larger registry beside the 65 Daytona Sports Sedans . I will now manage a new registry for the 1961 - 1963 Lark Series cars . It includes all models that were produced in those years . It will be a simple one as is the 65 Sports sedan one . There will be no web page or anything like that , just plain and simple . As in the other registry the only information released will be the owners name , general location and cars serial number and then only to registry members for privacy reasons . I myself have 8 cars to fit in this registry . I will inform Mark Wheeler of this registry as well as Ann Turner . So let's get started .

Old Fart Terry not4u@nlis.ca

I had one, Terry. A '63 Cruiser that was pulled from a sinkhole in Binghampton, NY. I restored it and used it as a daily driver for many years. It has since been parted out. I'll have to see if I can recover its vital numbers. Here's a pic before I loaded it on a trailer in Binghampton.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	1712784
    And a photo Len Shepherd photoshopped in to a Town Car limo after I had been using it for a while.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	63LarkLimowithdriver.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	1712785
    As a relative newcomer to the Forum, the name Leonard Shepherd won't ring your bell. Those of us who have been around for a while miss him dearly.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Hi Brad : I guess I could add a parted out class but then I would have to include the100 or so that I parted out . from what I am told the registries are for the surviving vehicles . The picture attached shows a group of nice cars . These are all yours ?? Did you know that there is not a registry for any of those three and we are looking for someone to form and manage it . It can be a simple one that our members can easily get information from . Would you be interested in doing one if those are your cars . You can contact me at not4u@nlis.ca and I can give you further info .

Old Fart Terry

Comment

Yes, these are the three remaining in my stable.
        A registry for the Rocknes was instigated a couple of times, and was eventually picked up and brought to highly detailed fruition by Larry Tholen, former treasurer of the Antique Studebaker Club. It is still maintained in great detail by Patrick Maher. http://www.theantiquestudebakerclub....kne/rockne.htm,
        Incredibly detailed for those subscribed.

There was a registry started for the '53-'4 C/K models ten years or so ago. I can't remember who stepped up to do it but, it included photos and as much description and history as any owner wished to contribute. Like most volunteer projects, it lasted a couple of years and then vanished.

Likewise, I'm sure someone has tried to accumulate a listing of '50-'51 models, but, without assistance and support, this too has withered.

Far from discouraging these efforts, I think the only way to make them last, and to be a useful tool, would be to have SDC utilize the database at Cornerstone.
        Last edited by rockne10; 03-06-2017, 08:35 PM.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Hi Rockne 10 : You are correct in saying these registries have faded . I have made several attempts to get in touch with Patrick Maher with no success and couldn't find anything about the 53-54 C&K. If we were to let Cornerstone do the registries we would loose the privacy point of our registries . You will note that the 66 Daytona Sports Sedan registry only lists the owner its general location and the cars serial number . Whereas other registries keep track of other information such as owners email address street address and other points of interest about the car , which by the way will NOT be published to anyone without permission of the owner from my registry . Mark himself has told me they do not have a secure system as I tried to pay my dues that way . I ended up phoning long distance to pay them .I guess what I am trying to say is the Cornerstone way may not be the solution and maybe they wouldn't want to do it without compensation . I don't think our exec will go for that kind of expense if they can't even make up their minds about a new roster . I think if we do some organizing and keep in touch with registry managers and if you don't talk to them once in awhile yes some might loose interest . I myself have stepped up and taken on another registry so how about you care to volunteer you have a some nice cars that need representation , C&K 53-55 is open as well as 50-51 coupes . What do you say , the simple way is the most interesting way and doesn't cost much , $10.00 or less for four years . Think about it .

Old Fart Terry

Comment

Speaking of new registries, I suppose this is as good a place as any for this.

Terry, I heard from the chairman of the Carriage Association of America and she is willing to go along with a Studebaker registry. Where we go from here I don't know, as I've never quite done this before. I am hoping to attach it to their website. We shall see...

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Hi Ron :
              What I am taking from this is with the help of the Carriage Association of America you would be willing to be the registries manager . This would be a boost for all concerned them , our club and of coarse you as manager . From what you have told me there are several places such as museums and private owners ETC where the vehicles can be located . I am sure you can figure something out that would benefit all concerned . I would like to thak you for the follow up work you have done and I think you are off to a great start if you do accept the managers position. Please let me know by email if that is what you are saying ake care and hear from you soon .

Old Fart Terry

Comment

Is there no one out there that has any cars that would fit into the registry ?? If not boy have I got a stable of rare ones and should be able to sell them at a whole lot higher price .

Old Fart Terry

Comment

I have a 64 commander, that's as close as I can get.
                  Dave

Comment

Too many to list......
                    Last edited by (S); 03-09-2017, 10:38 PM. Reason: re read an edit,

Comment

Hey Guys :
                      S should take the 64-66 Commander /Challenger and 4dr Daytona registry managers spot , and S if you have too many send them anyway I got all day it's 23 below outside I am staying indoors .

O Fart

Comment

Originally posted by Caso wannabe View Post
                        I have a 64 commander, that's as close as I can get.
                        Dave
                        Is it a red two door?

Comment

Hey Ron :

Have you thought about the registry for the horse drawn Studebaker's looks like the carriage Association would do most of the leg work and you would be our clubs eyes and ears . What do you say go for it . Email me .

O Fart

Comment

No,Nels, it's a strato blue 2 door.was a 6 cyl, someone swapped in a 63 259.

Comment

Hey Dave :

Seen as how you have a 64 have you considered doing the registry that it fits into , let me know . Can give you details .

Old Fart Terry not4u@nlis.ca

Comment

Working...
                              X