AVANTI 50th Anniversary Coffee Mug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVANTI 50th Anniversary Coffee Mug?

Hi, Gang. My bride dropped my Avanti 50th Anniversary coffee mug yesterday. She feels awful, even though I said, "don't worry, it's not a big deal". Perhaps she could sense (as many wives have a way of doing) that I didn't really mean that!

I'd like to purchase a replacement mug. I'm sure that would put Donna's mind at ease. So, if someone has an extra, or one they don't use, please contact me. Thanks very much. John
    Attached Files

Contact Lew Schucart, I'd bet he can get you some.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

I'll give that a try. However, the ones Lew is listing on the AOAI website aren't the same. But, I'll still follow through with your suggestion. Thanks for the idea. John
      Last edited by Jolly-John; 03-05-2017, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Those are nice collectors items to keep in the "Show" China Cabinet, but I would not put anything like that in the Kitchen "user Dishes" Cabinet to reduce just that threat.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

How helpful of you, StudeRich. How about if I have my wife call you? You can explain to her exactly what she did wrong, by allowing this $10 mug to be used and enjoyed daily here at the house this past five years. I'm sure she would enjoy hearing your opinion about this. Thanks. (Now, if I knew how to add one of those little smiley faces here, I would!) John
          Last edited by Jolly-John; 03-05-2017, 03:19 PM.

Comment

If I had one, I'd definitely give it to you...but I don't....I will ask around at future Stude/Avanti meets in my area this upcoming season...Good luck..Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Jolly-John View Post
              Hi, Gang. My bride dropped my Avanti 50th Anniversary coffee mug yesterday. She feels awful, even though I said, "don't worry, it's not a big deal". Perhaps she could sense (as many wives have a way of doing) that I didn't really mean that!

I'd like to purchase a replacement mug. I'm sure that would put Donna's mind at ease. So, if someone has an extra, or one they don't use, please contact me. Thanks very much. John

We have no more of these mugs, from the 2012 meet. I could get more made, but the minimum quantity is 24 coffee much as $3-something each plus shipping. I doubt that you would want 24 coffee mugs!
              Lew Schucart
              Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

Thank you for your cordial posting, Ed. And, thanks for your reply, Lew. You know, I bet I could sell 22 of these mugs along the way. They were an excellent design....and there will only be ONE 50th Anniversary of the Avanti. I'm saying 22 because I would keep one, plus a spare for myself this time around. Let me think about this. John

Comment

Count me in for two.

Comment

Wow, Ed. That was fast. Perhaps we'll get enough interest to take care of the remaining 20 Avanti mugs. I haven't mentioned this on the AOAI forum up to this point. I'd coordinate the order with Lew and do the shipping of the individual mugs, if there was enough interest. I suppose I should figure out fixed shipping costs for one and for two mugs. That might enable guys step up, if they knew their total dollar commitment. Thanks again, Ed. Let's see what happens. John

Comment

OK guys, here's a chance to help out a Stude/Avanti friend in a BIG way!....If another twenty or so people buy one mug apiece, we'll have this thing covered!

It sounds to me like one mug (plus shipping) may cost you under seven dollars....I'd pay seven dollars any day to put a smile on my wife's face!!....LET'S DO IT!!
                      Last edited by SN-60; 03-05-2017, 04:32 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I don't drink coffee but if it helps I would buy one...

Comment

Ok, I attended that meet, but did not buy a coffee mug. I don't need another coffee mug, but then who does? I will buy one if more are made. - Rich G.

Comment

I've got two so sign me up for two. Bob

Comment

Count me in for two.
                              Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                              50 Champion 2 door*
                              53 Commander K Auto*
                              53 Commander K overdrive*
                              55 President Speedster
                              62 GT 4Speed*
                              63 Avanti R1*