Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AVANTI 50th Anniversary Coffee Mug?

Speedster Member

AVANTI 50th Anniversary Coffee Mug?

Hi, Gang. My bride dropped my Avanti 50th Anniversary coffee mug yesterday. She feels awful, even though I said, "don't worry, it's not a big deal". Perhaps she could sense (as many wives have a way of doing) that I didn't really mean that!

I'd like to purchase a replacement mug. I'm sure that would put Donna's mind at ease. So, if someone has an extra, or one they don't use, please contact me. Thanks very much. John
    Attached Images Attached Images

Contact Lew Schucart, I'd bet he can get you some.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Speedster Member
    I'll give that a try. However, the ones Lew is listing on the AOAI website aren't the same. But, I'll still follow through with your suggestion. Thanks for the idea. John
    Last edited by Jolly-John; 03-05-2017 at 05:17 PM.

Those are nice collectors items to keep in the "Show" China Cabinet, but I would not put anything like that in the Kitchen "user Dishes" Cabinet to reduce just that threat.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Speedster Member
    How helpful of you, StudeRich. How about if I have my wife call you? You can explain to her exactly what she did wrong, by allowing this $10 mug to be used and enjoyed daily here at the house this past five years. I'm sure she would enjoy hearing your opinion about this. Thanks. (Now, if I knew how to add one of those little smiley faces here, I would!) John
    Last edited by Jolly-John; 03-05-2017 at 05:19 PM.

Golden Hawk Member
    If I had one, I'd definitely give it to you...but I don't....I will ask around at future Stude/Avanti meets in my area this upcoming season...Good luck..Ed

Speedster Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly-John View Post
    Hi, Gang. My bride dropped my Avanti 50th Anniversary coffee mug yesterday. She feels awful, even though I said, "don't worry, it's not a big deal". Perhaps she could sense (as many wives have a way of doing) that I didn't really mean that!

I'd like to purchase a replacement mug. I'm sure that would put Donna's mind at ease. So, if someone has an extra, or one they don't use, please contact me. Thanks very much. John

We have no more of these mugs, from the 2012 meet. I could get more made, but the minimum quantity is 24 coffee much as $3-something each plus shipping. I doubt that you would want 24 coffee mugs!
    Lew Schucart
    Editor, Avanti Magazine

Speedster Member
    Thank you for your cordial posting, Ed. And, thanks for your reply, Lew. You know, I bet I could sell 22 of these mugs along the way. They were an excellent design....and there will only be ONE 50th Anniversary of the Avanti. I'm saying 22 because I would keep one, plus a spare for myself this time around. Let me think about this. John

Golden Hawk Member
    Count me in for two.

Speedster Member
    Wow, Ed. That was fast. Perhaps we'll get enough interest to take care of the remaining 20 Avanti mugs. I haven't mentioned this on the AOAI forum up to this point. I'd coordinate the order with Lew and do the shipping of the individual mugs, if there was enough interest. I suppose I should figure out fixed shipping costs for one and for two mugs. That might enable guys step up, if they knew their total dollar commitment. Thanks again, Ed. Let's see what happens. John

Golden Hawk Member
    OK guys, here's a chance to help out a Stude/Avanti friend in a BIG way!....If another twenty or so people buy one mug apiece, we'll have this thing covered!

It sounds to me like one mug (plus shipping) may cost you under seven dollars....I'd pay seven dollars any day to put a smile on my wife's face!!....LET'S DO IT!!
    Last edited by SN-60; 03-05-2017 at 06:32 PM. Reason: spelling

I don't drink coffee but if it helps I would buy one...

Commander Member
    Ok, I attended that meet, but did not buy a coffee mug. I don't need another coffee mug, but then who does? I will buy one if more are made. - Rich G.

Silver Hawk Member
    I've got two so sign me up for two. Bob
    , ,

Count me in for two.
    Don Wilson

63 Avanti R1
    64 Champ 1/2 ton
    Centralia, WA

Champion Member
    Hi, Count me in for two. I know that the shipping will be a bit more expensive to my part of the world. Cheers, George.

Speedster Member
    I will take one.
    �Never raise your hands to your children, it leaves your groin unprotected.� - Red Buttons

'56 Golden Hawk
    '63 Avanti R2
    '14 Boxster
    '64 GT Hawk R1 JT
    '37 Dictator Coupe
    '37 Dictator Coupe "slight custom"

President Member
    I'll take two also.
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

How helpful of you, StudeRich. How about if I have my wife call you? You can explain to her exactly what she did wrong, by allowing this $10 mug to be used and enjoyed daily here at the house this past five years. I'm sure she would enjoy hearing your opinion about this. Thanks. (Now, if I knew how to add one of those little smiley faces here, I would!) John
    Admit it! You are no longer 'Jolly' John after what your wife did!!

Craig

President Member
    To slightly change the subject, I've been using, daily, an SDC mug I got at the last International Meet at Ed Reynolds' new (at that time) facility in South Bend. He had an open house and gave tours of the facility. One of the items I received was the celebration mug. I think it was because I bought a bunch of stuff for my Stude, but I don't really remember. I have an excuse, I'll old.
    I hope you can obtain the Avanti mug. I know I have to smile each morning I drink my coffee out of that mug I received. It brings back nice memories.
    Rog
    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    Smithtown,NY
    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

President Member
    I'll take one.
    Skip Lackie

Speedster Member
    Thank you for your cordial posting, Ed. And, thanks for your reply, Lew. You know, I bet I could sell 22 of these mugs along the way. They were an excellent design....and there will only be ONE 50th Anniversary of the Avanti. I'm saying 22 because I would keep one, plus a spare for myself this time around. Let me think about this. John
    John, thanks to your inquiry and everyone's offer to buy at least one of these Avanti coffee mugs from 2012, I am getting 36 remade. It was only a few cents more to go from my original minimum order of 24 cups to 36 cups, so others can step of with their offer to buy remaining coffee mugs and keep harmony in your household too

I placed the order this morning and the cost of each mug, with bulk shipping to me is $4.00 per coffee mug. Per mug shipping to anyone that has said they would buy a one of these mugs would be $4.00 each plus $7.50 for my postage to send to you. If you order more than one coffee mug, I could probably send 2 or 3 mugs in one box for about the same postage.

I count about 13 or 14 mugs from people who said they would buy one or more to make this order possible for John.

PM me your mailing address and I'll send your coffee mugs as soon as I receive them.... probably will have them in 2 or 3 weeks. I'll PM you my mailing address to send a check to me for any coffee mugs you all said you would get to help out John.
    Or find my mailing address in any issue of Avanti Magazine.
    Lew Schucart
    Editor, Avanti Magazine

Speedster Member
    Well, Gang. This is wonderful news. My personal thanks to each of you who posted that you'd buy one or two of the mugs to enjoy, AND to help smooth the marital waters at our home! THANK YOU ALL.

And, Lew, you're the BEST! I was certainly willing to play a role in getting a new group of these mugs sold. But, even as busy as you are with the AOAI, you've stepped forward to handle the whole deal. I APPRECIATE THAT.

I'll PM you my "order" for two of the new mugs in a moment. My best regards to all who helped. John (and yes, now back to "Jolly-John" on the home front!)

President Member
    Lew, l would gladly take two as well, but the shipping to the Great White North (actually there is NO snow is my yard right now!) and taxes and brokerage and what ever other charges that could be piled on by governments and agencies would make them expensive - and they may arrive as MORE than two pieces!!

How about having a rendevous point designated for payment and pick-up in May at South Bend?
    Roger Hill

60 Lark Hardtop V8, Power Kit, 3 spd - "Juliette"
    Izzer Buggy - "Jessie"
    Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"You don't need a Magic Carpet - just a Studebaker"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
    ride me in a Studebaker"

Golden Hawk Member
    Good for you Lew!....I'm sending you a pm now......

Commander Member
    Hi, just saw this post I will take 4 if still available.
    Mark

Commander Member
    Hi, just saw this post I will take 4 if still available. I have a 64 Avanti R2 and a 63 GT Hawk, Im still trying to correct the "commander member"
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    Hi, just saw this post I will take 4 if still available. I have a 64 Avanti R2 and a 63 GT Hawk, Im still trying to correct the "commander member"
    Mark
    There is nothing to correct, Mark... the "Commander Member" designation is assigned by the forum, based on the number of posts you have made.

Dave Lester

Speedster Member
    The 50th anniversary coffee mugs have arrive (3/14) and those who have sent payment have their mugs going in the mail today (Wednesday).
    Anyone else that mentioned they would like a coffee mug and have not sent in a check, I have only 24 left for immediate shipping.

$4 each plus $7.50 postage for one coffee mug, $11.50 total; $15.50 if you want two mugs. PM me with your information and I'll let you know where to send your payment.

Thanks again to those who already sent their payments! Your coffee mugs are in the mail today!
    Lew Schucart
    Editor, Avanti Magazine

Speedster Member
    A big shout-out to Lew, again. Thank you for making this limited re-supply of these good-looking Avanti 50th Anniversary Mugs available. I thought I'd never be able to purchase a new one (or a pair of these) again. I hope the guys will step up and clean you out of the remaining few mugs. By the way, they would make an excellent (and inexpensive!!) gift for an Avanti buddy that a person might owe a favor to. John

Pm sent Lew

Silver Hawk Member
    Received them today Lew. Nice, thanks. Bob
    , ,

Mine arrived today also, very nice, thanks for the opportunity.
    Don Wilson

63 Avanti R1
    64 Champ 1/2 ton
    Centralia, WA

Champion Member
    Hey Iam new to this how do I p m ?

Speedster Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron McGuire View Post
    Hey Iam new to this how do I p m ?
    click, or right-click on my Lschuc username in blue at the left of this reply, and select private message from the drop down box, or the send email option.
    Lew Schucart
    Editor, Avanti Magazine

Golden Hawk Member
    I received my two Avanti 50th Anniversary mugs in the mail today. (Nice job of packing them up Lew).....Now, I'm not too big into glassware and such....but these mugs are truly BEAUTIFUL!

Glad I purchased two...one to use, the other for 'the china cabinet'!....SN-60

(And, once again, it was nice to see folks 'pull together' for this one!)

Speedster Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SN-60 View Post
    I received my two Avanti 50th Anniversary mugs in the mail today. (Nice job of packing them up Lew).....Now, I'm not too big into glassware and such....but these mugs are truly BEAUTIFUL!

Glad I purchased two...one to use, the other for 'the china cabinet'!....SN-60

(And, once again, it was nice to see folks 'pull together' for this one!)

Thanks again SN60... and everyone else who helped with their orders. Sending out 3 more in tomorrow's mail... still about a baker's dozen left if anyone want one or more
    Lew Schucart
    Editor, Avanti Magazine

Commander Member
    Lew, my mugs arrived yesterday too; actually all 4 of them. The packing was great. Once I opened the package my wife came over to look, "wow, they are nice" was an unexpected remark from her.
    I too am very appreciative for your efforts to order and have little surprise from the members who quickly placed their orders in too. An order to be sent to Paris, Ontario and another to Christchurch New Zealand speaks well of us all.
    Thanks again
    Mark

Speedster Member
    I got my 50th-anniversary mug today as well - great packaging from Lew and a big thank you from me.

Golden Hawk Member
    Somehow, my morning coffee tastes better now that I'm drinking it out of my new Avanti mug!!