• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running lean, secondaries too small
    Peter Bishop

Comment

I'm guessing 230 HP.

Originally posted by PeterHawk View Post
      Engine will be out of the car and run on a dyno stand.
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I have never seen anyone leave their very first dyno session pleasantly surprised... but, it could happen, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterHawk View Post
          What type of torque and horsepower numbers could I expect - let the guessing begin!

203 HP, 290 Ft Lb

Comment

would you expect an engine that's not broken in to put out optimum power?
            64 GT Hawk (K7)
            1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

I would think the pump blend of 10% ethinal would be a detriment to hp numbers that were originally figured with pure gasoline?

Comment

190/280............
                Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

I sure would LIKE to see that 280 torque number! Had MY 289 completely machined/rebuilt last Spring. In addition to the flat tops and Pertronix, it has stiffer valve springs and an Edelbrock 1403. Don't care about the HP, but I'd be REALLY happy with that torque number...

Comment

I would bet the advertised HP was at sea level and 70degrees and no Fan seems like SAE horsepower was at 500 ft alt and I do not remember temp std.
                    Hawkowner.

Comment

Originally posted by 64V-K7 View Post
                      would you expect an engine that's not broken in to put out optimum power?
                      Yes, if properly machined and the cam is given a 20-minute run in. Today's cylinder wall finishes seat in almost upon startup.

No, if chrome rings were used.

Maybe, I'd change the oil after the cam break in and before the dyno session.

jack vines
                      PackardV8

Comment

Working...
                      X