Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinkholes-The Groundbreaking Truth.

Took 'em long enough to get to the point! Skip to 9:30 for the "science"
    Last edited by showbizkid; 03-06-2017, 10:06 AM.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Interesting... but if the earth's rotation is slowing, wouldn't that cause our days to be noticeably longer???

Comment

??????? OMG the end is near!
        American iron, real old school
        With two tone paint, it sure is cool

Its got 8 cylinders and uses them all
        With an overdrive that just won't stall

With a 4 barrel carb and dual exhausts
        With 4.23 gears it can really get lost

Its got safety belts and I ain't scared
        The brakes are good and the tires are fair.

Tried to sell her, but got no taker
        I"ll just keep driving my Studebaker

Comment

Originally posted by 63 R2 Hawk View Post
          ... but if the earth's rotation is slowing, wouldn't that cause our days to be noticeably longer???
          Exactly. And level places to go out of level.

Nice images, enticing music but there is always something that makes you go, "Hey..., wait a minute." Google this video creator and his theories and see what science has to say about them before accepting his premise.
          Last edited by wittsend; 03-02-2017, 10:27 AM.
          '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

It sounds scientific to me and it sure makes my theory of giant alien gophers feel all STH.
            American iron, real old school
            With two tone paint, it sure is cool

Its got 8 cylinders and uses them all
            With an overdrive that just won't stall

With a 4 barrel carb and dual exhausts
            With 4.23 gears it can really get lost

Its got safety belts and I ain't scared
            The brakes are good and the tires are fair.

Tried to sell her, but got no taker
            I"ll just keep driving my Studebaker

Comment

Some of the pictures they showed looked like washouts instead of sinkholes. I would give them more credit if they didn't try to pad the evidence. I didn't watch it all. The music was too dreary.
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

I feel like knowledge got sucked out of my head after watching that video. Might as well blame aliens, or unicorns. The fact that the earths crust is in constant motion seems to play zero part in their hypothesis.

SCIENCE

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                Money may not buy happiness, but it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.

Comment

Everyone knows the Earth is flat and the Sun revolves around it.
                  Great pictures but, without true science, that's all I see.
                  Brad Johnson,
                  SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                  '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I'm calling bs on this theory.
                    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by bumpkinvilledano View Post
                      I feel like knowledge got sucked out of my head after watching that video. Might as well blame aliens, or unicorns. The fact that the earths crust is in constant motion seems to play zero part in their hypothesis.

SCIENCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FIMvSp01C8
                      I had the same feeling. Interesting videos, dreadful music, idiotic theory.
                      Skip Lackie

Comment

I'm pretty sure a couple of the california ones were fault lines.
                        Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

That is an absurd theory. The sink holes are being caused by those pesky space critters. They are burrowing under the earth's crust and mining Kryptonite, creating tunnels into the earth's core which in turn causes dirt to get sucked into that molten core. Everybody knows that....

Comment

Well...I think I had a sink hole around here somewhere. After reading this thread, I thought I would go out and look for it...but like everything else I look for around here...I must have Misplaced it!
                            John Clary
                            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Here I am forty years ago just putzing around some eighty feet under the Earth's surface, about to enter a space I could best describe as equal to any domed sports stadium. Tens of thousands of years in the making and, as rain and soil percolate through the lime rock above, at some point, the surface is going to find its way to where I was at. In my part of the country minor sinkholes are a given. Our local high school football field is built on a sinkhole. For years, until the Department of Environmental Protection stepped in, folks took their old appliances and dropped them in to the local sinkholes; I'm certain the practice persists.

Based on this "scientists" theory, tourist attractions like Luray and Carlsbad should have collapsed decades, or even centuries, ago.
                              Last edited by rockne10; 03-08-2017, 05:41 PM.
                              Brad Johnson,
                              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                              X