Thread: Preparing to Attack Japan: 1944/45 WWII PICS

President Member

Preparing to Attack Japan: 1944/45 WWII PICS

Lots of never before seen footage here of the Ulithi Armada.

President Member Commander Eddie's Avatar
    My dad served in the pacific flying TBFs and Mitchells. I have been recording his stories as he reaches the end of his life. It is truly hard to imagine the amount of power this country brought to bear on Japan. It became overwhelming.
    These are some great photos. Thanks for sharing them.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Brownsburg, IN, USA.(NW suburban Indianapolis)
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander Eddie View Post
    My dad served in the pacific flying TBFs and Mitchells. I have been recording his stories as he reaches the end of his life.

It is truly hard to imagine the amount of power this country brought to bear on Japan.
    Just like the old TV show out of the 50s and 60s, "You Asked For It!"

Neat photos! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

President Member
    Once again Bill, you've found some marvelous history to see. The USS North Carolina is now a tourist attraction in Wilmington. I went aboard a few years back when we visited friends there. Thanks for posting all the neat things you come up with! Bill

Quote Originally Posted by BobPalma View Post
    Just like the old TV show out of the 50s and 60s, "You Asked For It!"

Neat photos! BP
    The irony of Toyota's commercial line comes to mind... "YOU ASKED FOR IT, YOU GOT IT... TOYOTA!"

Dave Lester

President Member
    Thanks for the kind comments, Bill. I look forward to our meeting in South Bend. As for BP's comments, they started it.
    Cheers, Bill

Speedster Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander Eddie View Post
    My dad served in the pacific flying TBFs and Mitchells. I have been recording his stories as he reaches the end of his life. It is truly hard to imagine the amount of power this country brought to bear on Japan. It became overwhelming.
    These are some great photos. Thanks for sharing them.
    Wish my dad was still alive to tell me his stories. He was among the first wave of Marines having signed up Dec 8, 1941 and being sent in '42 into the Salomon Islands. He would tell me bits a and pieces of his experiences but I was too young to grasp what they meant. He passed away 38 years ago, there are so many thing I would love to ask him. You are truly blessed to have him still.