Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crocuto introduction - 1959 Lark

Hello everybody,
    my name's Roman, i'm located in Austria/Europe and since a few days i'm owner of a 59 Lark.
    For being back on the road, the car will need some work and as there is no (large) community in Europe i hope to get some help here......and also to get in contact with other nice and likeminded people....

thanks in advance and best regards
    Roman (only a few years younger than the car)
    Attached Files

Yours is very similar to my first car! The exception being mine was just a deluxe & yours is a Regal. Same color too, seamist green. Best wishes with it.
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Hello Warren,
      as (till now) i'm not so familiar with Studebakers - what are the indicators for a "Regal".....because the tail lights are the normal ones (without the chromering).

best regards
      Roman

Comment

Welcome Roman,
        I'm Bill and am gathering VIN numbers and details on all '59 Larks for a registry I'm putting together. When you get chance pm (Private Message) me with your car's info.
        Thanks and enjoy your new ride.
        Cheers, Bill

Comment

That Lark reminds me of my first car. On my monitor I thought yours looked light blue like mine was. I enjoyed mine for a few years, but it was rusting away underneath and I didn't have the knowledge to fix it.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by Crocuto View Post
            Hello Warren,
            as (till now) i'm not so familiar with Studebakers - what are the indicators for a "Regal".....because the tail lights are the normal ones (without the chromering).

best regards
            Roman
            The Regal models have the chrome band around the grille, the additional chrome moldings around the door glass & the tail lamp lenes were made with an additional chrome ring on the lens. This lens has been unavailable for a few years although a reproduction of the deluxe 59 lens is available it is lacking the regal chrome ring. My car had the optional "dress-up kit" that included the stainless steel moldings around the windshield & back glass.

Look under the hood on the right side of the firewall (passengers side) & you will find the body plate with either 59S W6 if it's a 6 cylinder or 59V W6 for a V-8 followed by numbers underneath on the next line. That is not your serial number. It only tells the model & the body number for that body style but was used for parts ordering when specific information was needed.
            59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
            60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
            61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
            62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
            62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
            62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
            63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
            63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
            64 Zip Van
            66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
            66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I seem to remember another new Stude owner from Austria recently. Maybe someone can come up with that thread to get connected with Crocuto
              Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
              50 Champion 2 door*
              53 Commander K Auto*
              53 Commander K overdrive*
              55 President Speedster
              62 GT 4Speed*
              63 Avanti R1*
              64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Working...