No announcement yet.

Heading To Florida!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Bob, the Collier's was a great recommendation!...There was talk of the Naples Depot Show at the museum, however, we flew out last night, so this weekend events in Naples were out.

I believe it's a AACA event, and no doubt they'll be some gorgeous vehicles there!....Take care...Ed

Comment

Ed: When Miles Collier acquired the Cunningham collection included was a Bugatti Royale which he sold and acquired other cars. I think there were only around six ever made. I belonged to the local AACA Region and the show provides about 150 top notch cars. Anyone in the area would enjoy the great variety. Glad you enjoyed your visit.
      "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Bryant View Post
        Ed: When Miles Collier acquired the Cunningham collection included was a Bugatti Royale which he sold and acquired other cars. I think there were only around six ever made. I belonged to the local AACA Region and the show provides about 150 top notch cars. Anyone in the area would enjoy the great variety. Glad you enjoyed your visit.
        Just for the record, 7 Bugatti Royales were built. One was destroyed, 6 remain in existence. (I have no idea why I remember useless info like this.)
        Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Bryant View Post
          Yes, there was mention at the 'Revs' of a Bugatti Royale that came as part of the Cunningham collection....We were told that the Royale, (they do have other race-type Bugattis on display there), didn't really fit into the general theme of the Collier collection, so it was auctioned off, and the money from the sale went into the construction of the present (really outstanding) Revs Institute building.

Comment

By the way, the 'Collier' was only about ten minutes away from where I stayed, in a 'coach home' at Treviso Bay. What a GORGEOUS place!, complete with a world class TPC 18 hole golf course!

Comment

Since you're in Naples, you owe it to yourself to visit the Edison/Ford winter homes and museum in Ft. Myers. It's not that far north of Naples. Yes, there are a couple of Model T Fords in Henry's garage, but the museum is fantastic!
              Have fun.
              Rog
              '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
              Smithtown,NY
              Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Originally posted by raprice View Post
                Since you're in Naples, you owe it to yourself to visit the Edison/Ford winter homes and museum in Ft. Myers. It's not that far north of Naples. Yes, there are a couple of Model T Fords in Henry's garage, but the museum is fantastic!
                Have fun.
                Rog
                Thanks for the info Rog, however we've been back in frigid old Massachusetts for a couple days now!....We'll be heading back to Naples for a longer stay next winter though, I could really get used to that place!!!....The temp hit 90' this past Wednesday, a record for this time of year they told me!

Comment

Working...
                X