X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed.

Gentlemen:

While attending our Local Indy Chapter meeting today (02/20/2017) a member was asked if he was attending the meet, his response surprised us. He said probably not as he is not steady on uneven ground walking. He has a prosthetic on his left leg from diabetes and his right foot is not real good. I think this may be a negative factor for many of our members as they age in attending large car meets. Many just can't handle the walking be it asphalt or grass. This member attends local car shows all summer but the size of the International show limits him.

Is it possible to set up/contract golf cart rental for International meets? I know show officials always have carts on the grounds, why not make them available by the day for our members who need them? This of course would be at the expense of the individual in need.

Sure would be nice if we could make it happen this year..........

Thanks in advance. Joe&Nancy Bacon
    It is an addiction!

Originally posted by jbwhttail View Post
    Gentlemen:

While attending our Local Indy Chapter meeting today (02/20/2017) a member was asked if he was attending the meet, his response surprised us. He said probably not as he is not steady on uneven ground walking. He has a prosthetic on his left leg from diabetes and his right foot is not real good. I think this may be a negative factor for many of our members as they age in attending large car meets. Many just can't handle the walking be it asphalt or grass. This member attends local car shows all summer but the size of the International show limits him.

Is it possible to set up/contract golf cart rental for International meets? I know show officials always have carts on the grounds, why not make them available by the day for our members who need them? This of course would be at the expense of the individual in need.

Sure would be nice if we could make it happen this year..........

Thanks in advance. Joe&Nancy Bacon

Joe and Nancy,

I have to be honest with you. I can certainly understand your friend's problems with the prosthetic and foot problems. I can only suggest that, with his physical limitations, he may already have a scooter or golf cart to traverse the St Joseph County Fairgrounds. With the exception of Saturday's Car Show, all events, including the Swap Meet (inside and outside), Judging, are accessible on foot, scooter, and for the most part, by golf cart.

We cannot, at this point, take on the responsibility/liability for arranging for mobility availability at the International Meet. I would suggest, if your friend does not already own a golf cart or scooter, that he contact one of the many scooter dealers in the South Bend area and arrange to have one delivered to the St Joseph County Fairgrounds or the DoubleTree Hotel for use during the meet.

We simply have too many moving parts to this meet to take on this issue. Thank you for understanding.
    Last edited by studeguy54; 02-21-2017, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Scooter Warehouse has rentals. 4011 S. Michigan St. South Bend. 574-299-8606.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJim View Post
        Scooter Warehouse has rentals. 4011 S. Michigan St. South Bend. 574-299-8606.
        Thank you DieselJim.

Comment

Working...
        X