Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about Proving Ground tour and Blgd. 84 tour.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Proving Ground tour and Blgd. 84 tour.

Just a couple questions about the tours, as I am preparing to send in my registration. Is the cost of the tour $20 per person or per car for the Proving grounds and Bldg. 84? How much walking is involved with each tour? My dad would like to go with me, however, he is getting on in years and lots of walking is getting difficult for him. Any input is appreciated! THANKS

By the way, I just tried to get a room at the Double tree. It's full. Both the "reserved" SDC rooms and "publically available" rooms are all booked. I did find 3 nights available at the Hilton Garden on the north side near The Inn at St. Mary's.

Comment

Indeed, the DoubleTree IS FULL. Registration for the Proving Grounds is $20/car. Building 84 is $20/person. You will need a Studebaker to drive the test track at the Proving Grounds.

No Brand X's will be permitted on the track. Never having been in Building 84 myself, I cannot say how much walking is involved. Bring your Dad with you. He'll have a memorable time!

Comment

Bring a mobility scooter with. Building 84 uses a freight elevator to take visitors up to the various floors and should easily handle a mobility scooter.
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

hello all , i have paid to do the building 84 tour however the turning wheels says to contact cornerstone to book a time , how do i go about this , i e mailed cornerstone and got nowhere , will cornerstone have a booth somewhere at the meet to do this or do i just turn up , please point me in the right direction so i know whats going on , thanks from roger
          R.A.Jennings

Comment

Originally posted by studevic View Post
            hello all , i have paid to do the building 84 tour however the turning wheels says to contact cornerstone to book a time , how do i go about this , i e mailed cornerstone and got nowhere , will cornerstone have a booth somewhere at the meet to do this or do i just turn up , please point me in the right direction so i know whats going on , thanks from roger
            Roger,

Call Cornerstone Registration direct @ 763-420-7829 if you have any questions on registration. If you have emailed Mark in the last few days, he is probably out of the office due to a funeral and/or at another convention handling registrations there. You WILL get a call back from him. Please be patient..

Cornerstone Registration always has a booth at the meet where you will pick-up your registration packet. Admission to Building 84 will be by wrist band, which will be in your registration packet if you have paid for it. Cornerstone Registration and/or the ladies and gentlemen who will be helping out at the registration area will be able to help you all week long.
            Last edited by studeguy54; 02-27-2017, 04:05 PM.

Comment

thank you for your help, cheers from roger
              R.A.Jennings

Comment

Denny, I've been trying to find out if we can find someone to ride with on the proving grounds track. We won't have a Stude to drive but we would like to do the ride. Is there some way to "sign up" for a ride or a list of folks willing to take passengers along? Any help will be greatly appreciated, Bill Van Alstyne.

Comment

Originally posted by bill van alstyne View Post
                  Denny, I've been trying to find out if we can find someone to ride with on the proving grounds track. We won't have a Stude to drive but we would like to do the ride. Is there some way to "sign up" for a ride or a list of folks willing to take passengers along? Any help will be greatly appreciated, Bill Van Alstyne.
                  Bill, I would suggest you post a card on the bulletin board at the International Meet. There is typically a bulletin board somewhere near the Registration Area for people looking for tickets to an event, tickets for sale, other contacts. Post your need there. In the interim, perhaps someone will reply to your request.

Comment

Originally posted by studeguy54 View Post
                    Roger,

Call Cornerstone Registration direct @ 763-420-7829 if you have any questions on registration. If you have emailed Mark in the last few days, he is probably out of the office due to a funeral and/or at another convention handling registrations there. You WILL get a call back from him. Please be patient..

Cornerstone Registration always has a booth at the meet where you will pick-up your registration packet. Admission to Building 84 will be by wrist band, which will be in your registration packet if you have paid for it. Cornerstone Registration and/or the ladies and gentlemen who will be helping out at the registration area will be able to help you all week long.
                    I mis-spoke when I replied to this posting yesterday. Details on times for tours and how registrants are assigned to those times has not been resolved as of yet. Cornerstone Registration will NOT be assigning these tour times.

Comment

Originally posted by bill van alstyne View Post
                      Bill,
                      I suggest going to the track and asking about as the cars gather. I would hope that many of the people with Studebakers would be happy to give you a ride around the track. I am working on a car to bring to the track, I just don't know if I will have it ready in time though.
                      sigpic
                      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Working...
                      X