Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Drag racing?

  1. #1
    Speedster Member studerodder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sauk Village, IL, USA.
    Posts
    368

    Drag racing?

    Will there be Studebaker drag racing at Osceola during the International meet?
    61 lark cruiser
    64 daytona 2dr hardtop

  2. #2
    President Member Commander Eddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dundee, Oregon
    Posts
    2,467
    I thought the track was closed and there was talk the property might be sold to a contractor to build something on it.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

    Sol Lucet Omnibus

  3. #3
    President Member shifter4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Daytona Beach, Florida, USA.
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander Eddie View Post
    I thought the track was closed and there was talk the property might be sold to a contractor to build something on it.
    Here is recent info .
    Scroll down to see the statement from the family.
    According to this , they plan to open for 2017 .

    http://www.dragzine.com/news/wanna-b...s-up-for-sale/
    Bill H
    Daytona Beach
    SDC member since 1970
    Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

  4. #4
    President Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Indiana, USA.
    Posts
    818
    Quote Originally Posted by shifter4 View Post
    Here is recent info .
    Scroll down to see the statement from the family.
    According to this , they plan to open for 2017 .

    http://www.dragzine.com/news/wanna-b...s-up-for-sale/
    I'm pretty sure they will have a test and tune night but with only four days, I don't think I want to try to fit it in this year.

    Ted

  5. #5
    Golden Hawk Member DEEPNHOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Brooklet, GA, USA. Planet Earth
    Posts
    17,045
    That is real good news.
    Has anyone contacted the track regarding the SDC IM schedule?



    Quote Originally Posted by shifter4 View Post
    Here is recent info .
    Scroll down to see the statement from the family.
    According to this , they plan to open for 2017 .

    http://www.dragzine.com/news/wanna-b...s-up-for-sale/
    Jeff



    Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

  6. #6
    Silver Hawk Member JRoberts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC, .
    Posts
    8,573
    Ted's right there will be a lot going on in a short period of time this year, but I would love to watch some Studebakers on the track.
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

  7. #7
    Golden Hawk Member DEEPNHOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Brooklet, GA, USA. Planet Earth
    Posts
    17,045
    I would like to know if anyone has nailed this down.
    Would not want to bring a race car a thousand miles just to look at it...
    Jeff



    Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

  8. #8
    Speedster Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
    I would like to know if anyone has nailed this down.
    Would not want to bring a race car a thousand miles just to look at it...
    Any drag racing prior to/during/or following the International Meet is an unsponsored event by individuals, and is not part of the Meet. It is purely coincidental that it may occur during the week of May 2017. SDC does not support this event in any way, nor does the club's liability insurance cover any such occurrence.

  9. #9
    Golden Hawk Member DEEPNHOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Brooklet, GA, USA. Planet Earth
    Posts
    17,045
    Thanks for the info.
    Most are aware of the SDC hands off stand...
    Are you saying this in an official capacity?



    Quote Originally Posted by studeguy54 View Post
    Any drag racing prior to/during/or following the International Meet is an unsponsored event by individuals, and is not part of the Meet. It is purely coincidental that it may occur during the week of May 2017. SDC does not support this event in any way, nor does the club's liability insurance cover any such occurrence.
    Jeff



    Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

  10. #10
    Speedster Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
    Thanks for the info.
    Most are aware of the SDC hands off stand...
    Are you saying this in an official capacity?
    It has, as you note, always been the position of the Studebaker Drivers Club.

  11. #11
    Golden Hawk Member DEEPNHOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Brooklet, GA, USA. Planet Earth
    Posts
    17,045
    This discussion has come up before.
    That is why I asked if you were speaking as an official of the SDC.
    Are you speaking as an official of the SDC?


    Quote Originally Posted by studeguy54 View Post
    It has, as you note, always been the position of the Studebaker Drivers Club.
    Jeff



    Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •