Another View Of My 55

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another View Of My 55

There haven't been many new photo submissions so I thought I'd provide a rear view of my 55 E5 pickup. Awhile ago I submitted a front view. Since taking these pictures last summer I have turned the rear bumper upside down to get it a little higher. I think it looks better. I also licensed the truck and drove it until winter set in.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6855 (Medium).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	1753451Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6854 (Medium).jpg
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	1753452

Lovely! What is the name of the color and from what marque and year?
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

That's a beautiful truck. Share more pictures, please.

Comment

The paint is 1975 Pontiac Arctic Blue. it is a shade or two darker than the "baby blue" that the truck was manufactured in.

Comment

Here are two more pictures of the truck. I'm Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6852.jpg
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	1712235Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6211.jpg
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	1712236glad you like it!

Comment

Two thumbs up!
            KURTRUK
            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Beautiful truck!....and I like that trick with the rear bumper!

Comment

Great looking truck. Was the original color close to this? If so, could you share the paint code on your data tag? I've got a '53 and I'm trying to track down a truck that's been repainted to see what mine should look like. (Quick background: my truck was repainted red years ago, but I can see remnants of a light green/blue on the interior. Unfortunately, I don't have ready access to the vehicle at the moment as it's on the west coast and I'm on the east, so I can't check to see if there's a paint/trim tag on the inner driver's side door well.)

Thanks in advance.

John

Comment

John, There is no paint number on those trucks. You can get it by ordering a Truck Production Order from the Studebaker Museum in South Bend, IN. The order contains the paint number and paint name. My truck is painted 1975 Pontiac Arctic Blue. The truck was originally a shade or two lighter but I think Arctic Blue is a beautiful shade. Also, people often offer paint chip sheets on Ebay.

Comment

Did you install the wood in the bed over the metal bed?

Comment

fastjohnll I removed the steel floor and laid the wood floor over cross members that I bought with the wood floor. I bought everything from Horkeys which is located in Windom, MN. The wood is oak and they furnished everything I would need, right down to the nuts and bolts. I recommend them highly. The wood floor actually cost me a little less than a metal floor from Classic in Wisconsin. The wood also looks far nicer and was surprisingly easy to install. The construction of he box is surprisingly simple.

Comment

Working...
                      X