Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Early registration for the meet ends January 31st

  1. #1
    Speedster Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    195

    Lightbulb Early registration for the meet ends January 31st

    Just a reminder to print and mail, or go online to http://www.sdcmeet.com and register for the May 3-6 International Meet in South Bend.

    With all the costs in life, it's easy to save a few $$$ by registering early. You're going anyway aren't you? The meet will be here before you know it, and it's an easy way to not miss any of the fun. Take a look at the registration fees, and, when you're done, you'll marvel at how little this time it's going to cost to go to the meet. Come early, stay late, or just come for the 4 days. You're not going to miss a thing!

    We open on Wednesday May 3rd and it all ends on Saturday May 6th, with a lot of fun in-between.

  2. #2
    President Member Deaf Mute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Eldridge, Iowa , USA.
    Posts
    1,765
    I procrastinated long enough & finally got mine sent in last week. See you there!

  3. #3
    President Member 61Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andover, MN
    Posts
    833
    I was looking to register today and I have a question. For general registration it states, "Required (per family) until January 31, 2017". and in the guest section it states, "Guests may not be adult members of SDC, ASC or AOAI ".

    What if your guest is an adult member of SDC and also a family member?

  4. #4
    Speedster Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    195
    61 Lark,

    We obviously would like to have members of SDC Register separately for the meet, but by the same token, we want as many people as possible to experience the International Meet in South Bend as possible. A lot of people have never been to an International Meet in South Bend to experience just how unique South Bend is to the history of Studebaker and to our club. When you register, and if it makes sense (spouse, close associate), add his or her name as an Attendee, so they'll get a badge to wear all week long.

    Our meet this year is a change, and, points our club to a new and brighter future for Studebaker owners everywhere. Lots to see, lots to experience, both before, during, and after the meet itself. Come early, stay late, visit the Studebaker National Museum https://studebakermuseum.org/, and if you're from further out of town, maybe event take in the ACD Museum http://www.automobilemuseum.org/#home.html only a hour or so away too, but be sure to participate in everything we have planned for you in South Bend.

    Don't forget to register for the Buffet on Thursday night....not your crackers, cheese and celery sticks, but something unique to Members Night.


  5. #5
    President Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fillmore, WI
    Posts
    773
    Quote Originally Posted by studeguy54 View Post
    Just a reminder to print and mail, or go online to http://www.sdcmeet.com and register for the May 3-6 International Meet in South Bend.

    With all the costs in life, it's easy to save a few $$$ by registering early. You're going anyway aren't you? The meet will be here before you know it, and it's an easy way to not miss any of the fun. Take a look at the registration fees, and, when you're done, you'll marvel at how little this time it's going to cost to go to the meet. Come early, stay late, or just come for the 4 days. You're not going to miss a thing!

    We open on Wednesday May 3rd and it all ends on Saturday May 6th, with a lot of fun in-between.
    I printed the confirmation in landscape. That sucks, cuts the left side of the page off. Without all the bus tours it is cheaper. And no awards banquet ( idon't usually go any way. Never had to pay for the proving grounds before. Early registration was never cut off this early. I know I'm bitching but don't blow smoke in my face. And I always have a great time.

    Claude Chmielewski
    Studeski
    http://www.studeski.com
    Fillmore, Wisconsin
    47 M-16 Truck
    53 2R5
    60 Lark VIII Convertible
    62 GT Hawk
    63 Lark
    64 Commander Wagonaire
    64 Daytona Convertible
    50 Champion Regal (parts car)
    63 GT Hawk R2
    36 Dictator
    36 Dictator in pieces

  6. #6
    Speedster Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by studeski View Post
    I printed the confirmation in landscape. That sucks, cuts the left side of the page off. Without all the bus tours it is cheaper. And no awards banquet ( idon't usually go any way. Never had to pay for the proving grounds before. Early registration was never cut off this early. I know I'm bitching but don't blow smoke in my face. And I always have a great time.

    Claude,

    The idea of this meet is to bring people to South Bend and the history of Studebaker. You are right that we have never had to pay for a tour of the Proving Grounds before, but, unfortunately, the grounds are no longer owned by Studebaker, Bendix/Bosch (who owned it for a long time), but by Freightliner. We know that Studebakers do not damage the grounds, but the realities of today say we have to cover the cost of insurance, just in case. That's why we are asking for $20/carload. If you've never been on the track (I have never been on it), it'll be well worth the cost and for a look at the trees that continue to spell out the words "STUDEBAKER" on the grounds.

    Regarding the cut-off for EARLY Registration.....well, the meet is EARLY this year (May 3-6), but the time-spans for early/regular and late registration remain the same as in past years. A lot is going on this year, and we now you'll have a good time, and save some $$$ in the interim.

    We're glad you're coming!

    I'm available at dfoust@sdckeystoneregion.com if you have further questions, and I DO answer email promptly.

    Denny Foust, for the

    SDC International Meet Committee

  7. #7
    President Member 61Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andover, MN
    Posts
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by studeguy54 View Post
    That's why we are asking for $20/carload.
    On the registration form I read $20 ea. as each individual like the other tours, not each car. Thank you for the heads up, as I am just getting ready to submit my registration tonight.

    Nick

    Edit: I just registered online and it clearly states $20 per car for the Proving Ground Tour.
    Last edited by 61Lark; 01-30-2017 at 10:45 PM.

  8. #8
    Speedster Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by 61Lark View Post
    On the registration form I read $20 ea. as each individual like the other tours, not each car. Thank you for the heads up, as I am just getting ready to submit my registration tonight.

    Nick

    Edit: I just registered online and it clearly states $20 per car for the Proving Ground Tour.
    Nick (61 Lark) is correct. The Proving Grounds Tour IS $20, as I stated late last evening....a bargain, to see what so few people have seen.

    Denny Foust

  9. #9
    President Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fillmore, WI
    Posts
    773
    Quote Originally Posted by studeguy54 View Post
    Claude,

    The idea of this meet is to bring people to South Bend and the history of Studebaker. You are right that we have never had to pay for a tour of the Proving Grounds before, but, unfortunately, the grounds are no longer owned by Studebaker, Bendix/Bosch (who owned it for a long time), but by Freightliner.


    I'm available at dfoust@sdckeystoneregion.com if you have further questions, and I DO answer email promptly.

    Denny Foust, for the

    SDC International Meet Committee
    Thanks for your reply
    Technical question. I thought Navistar owned the property now. Freightliner is owned by Daimler Benz.

    Claude Chmielewski
    Studeski
    http://www.studeski.com
    Fillmore, Wisconsin
    47 M-16 Truck
    53 2R5
    60 Lark VIII Convertible
    62 GT Hawk
    63 Lark
    64 Commander Wagonaire
    64 Daytona Convertible
    50 Champion Regal (parts car)
    63 GT Hawk R2
    36 Dictator
    36 Dictator in pieces

  10. #10
    President Member 4961Studebaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kansas City, MO.
    Posts
    2,398
    Done, and Done Hope to see you all there.

    61 Lark

  11. #11
    Speedster Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by studeski View Post
    Thanks for your reply
    Technical question. I thought Navistar owned the property now. Freightliner is owned by Daimler Benz.

    Claude,

    Indeed, you are correct, and here is a link to an article about the proving grounds, which are now named the "Navistar Proving Grounds". Thank your for the correction.

    The article is here:

    http://www.southbendtribune.com/news...426b85872.html

    Denny Foust

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •