This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early registration for the meet ends January 31st

Just a reminder to print and mail, or go online to http://www.sdcmeet.com and register for the May 3-6 International Meet in South Bend.

With all the costs in life, it's easy to save a few $$$ by registering early. You're going anyway aren't you? The meet will be here before you know it, and it's an easy way to not miss any of the fun. Take a look at the registration fees, and, when you're done, you'll marvel at how little this time it's going to cost to go to the meet. Come early, stay late, or just come for the 4 days. You're not going to miss a thing!

We open on Wednesday May 3rd and it all ends on Saturday May 6th, with a lot of fun in-between.

I procrastinated long enough & finally got mine sent in last week. See you there!

Comment

I was looking to register today and I have a question. For general registration it states, "Required (per family) until January 31, 2017". and in the guest section it states, "Guests may not be adult members of SDC, ASC or AOAI ".

What if your guest is an adult member of SDC and also a family member?

Comment

61 Lark,

We obviously would like to have members of SDC Register separately for the meet, but by the same token, we want as many people as possible to experience the International Meet in South Bend as possible. A lot of people have never been to an International Meet in South Bend to experience just how unique South Bend is to the history of Studebaker and to our club. When you register, and if it makes sense (spouse, close associate), add his or her name as an Attendee, so they'll get a badge to wear all week long.

Our meet this year is a change, and, points our club to a new and brighter future for Studebaker owners everywhere. Lots to see, lots to experience, both before, during, and after the meet itself. Come early, stay late, visit the Studebaker National Museum https://studebakermuseum.org/, and if you're from further out of town, maybe event take in the ACD Museum http://www.automobilemuseum.org/#home.html only a hour or so away too, but be sure to participate in everything we have planned for you in South Bend.

Don't forget to register for the Buffet on Thursday night....not your crackers, cheese and celery sticks, but something unique to Members Night.

Comment

Originally posted by studeguy54 View Post
          Just a reminder to print and mail, or go online to http://www.sdcmeet.com and register for the May 3-6 International Meet in South Bend.

With all the costs in life, it's easy to save a few $$$ by registering early. You're going anyway aren't you? The meet will be here before you know it, and it's an easy way to not miss any of the fun. Take a look at the registration fees, and, when you're done, you'll marvel at how little this time it's going to cost to go to the meet. Come early, stay late, or just come for the 4 days. You're not going to miss a thing!

We open on Wednesday May 3rd and it all ends on Saturday May 6th, with a lot of fun in-between.
          I printed the confirmation in landscape. That sucks, cuts the left side of the page off. Without all the bus tours it is cheaper. And no awards banquet ( idon't usually go any way. Never had to pay for the proving grounds before. Early registration was never cut off this early. I know I'm bitching but don't blow smoke in my face. And I always have a great time.
          1936 Dictator
          1950 Champion Regal 4 dr parts car
          1953 Commander Regal HT
          1953 2R5 Pickup
          1947 M16 Truck
          1960 Lark VIII Convertible
          1960 Champ 5E7 step side short box
          1962 Champ 7E5 no box
          1962 GT Hawk
          1963 Lark VI 4 dr
          1963 GT Hawk R2
          1964 Daytona Convertible
          1964 Commander Wagonaire

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” ~ Abraham Lincoln​

Comment

Originally posted by studeski View Post
            I printed the confirmation in landscape. That sucks, cuts the left side of the page off. Without all the bus tours it is cheaper. And no awards banquet ( idon't usually go any way. Never had to pay for the proving grounds before. Early registration was never cut off this early. I know I'm bitching but don't blow smoke in my face. And I always have a great time.

Claude,

The idea of this meet is to bring people to South Bend and the history of Studebaker. You are right that we have never had to pay for a tour of the Proving Grounds before, but, unfortunately, the grounds are no longer owned by Studebaker, Bendix/Bosch (who owned it for a long time), but by Freightliner. We know that Studebakers do not damage the grounds, but the realities of today say we have to cover the cost of insurance, just in case. That's why we are asking for $20/carload. If you've never been on the track (I have never been on it), it'll be well worth the cost and for a look at the trees that continue to spell out the words "STUDEBAKER" on the grounds.

Regarding the cut-off for EARLY Registration.....well, the meet is EARLY this year (May 3-6), but the time-spans for early/regular and late registration remain the same as in past years. A lot is going on this year, and we now you'll have a good time, and save some $$$ in the interim.

We're glad you're coming!

I'm available at dfoust@sdckeystoneregion.com if you have further questions, and I DO answer email promptly.

Denny Foust, for the

SDC International Meet Committee

Comment

That's why we are asking for $20/carload.
              On the registration form I read $20 ea. as each individual like the other tours, not each car. Thank you for the heads up, as I am just getting ready to submit my registration tonight.

Nick

Edit: I just registered online and it clearly states $20 per car for the Proving Ground Tour.
              Last edited by 61Lark; 01-30-2017, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 61Lark View Post
                On the registration form I read $20 ea. as each individual like the other tours, not each car. Thank you for the heads up, as I am just getting ready to submit my registration tonight.

Nick

Edit: I just registered online and it clearly states $20 per car for the Proving Ground Tour.
                Nick (61 Lark) is correct. The Proving Grounds Tour IS $20, as I stated late last evening....a bargain, to see what so few people have seen.

Denny Foust

Comment

Claude,

The idea of this meet is to bring people to South Bend and the history of Studebaker. You are right that we have never had to pay for a tour of the Proving Grounds before, but, unfortunately, the grounds are no longer owned by Studebaker, Bendix/Bosch (who owned it for a long time), but by Freightliner.

I'm available at dfoust@sdckeystoneregion.com if you have further questions, and I DO answer email promptly.

Denny Foust, for the

SDC International Meet Committee
                  Thanks for your reply
                  Technical question. I thought Navistar owned the property now. Freightliner is owned by Daimler Benz.
                  1936 Dictator
                  1950 Champion Regal 4 dr parts car
                  1953 Commander Regal HT
                  1953 2R5 Pickup
                  1947 M16 Truck
                  1960 Lark VIII Convertible
                  1960 Champ 5E7 step side short box
                  1962 Champ 7E5 no box
                  1962 GT Hawk
                  1963 Lark VI 4 dr
                  1963 GT Hawk R2
                  1964 Daytona Convertible
                  1964 Commander Wagonaire

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” ~ Abraham Lincoln​

Comment

Done, and Done Hope to see you all there.
                    61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by studeski View Post
                      Thanks for your reply
                      Technical question. I thought Navistar owned the property now. Freightliner is owned by Daimler Benz.

Claude,

Indeed, you are correct, and here is a link to an article about the proving grounds, which are now named the "Navistar Proving Grounds". Thank your for the correction.

The article is here:

Denny Foust

Comment

Working...
                      X