Brian Scott aka Scott Performance wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Scott aka Scott Performance wire

Just got the sad news from his son Evan, a once Midshipman that I sponsored at Brian's request. Brian was a long time Studebaker guy that made wire for NASCAR and custom sets for Studebakers. He saved me at a International meet when N8 and I burned up a wiring harness on my GT by giving us full use of his shop.
    JDP Maryland

That is so sad to hear, especially when it is someone younger.
    I had a pre-arranged visit with Brian at his shop/factory in North Carolina. He was a nice guy and very hospitable. We spent part of the afternoon talking about his business and Studebakers. I believe that he had a Studebaker "ear-marked" for each of his children.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Man-o-man... This hurts... Condolences to the family.

I used to regularly stop by Brian's shop in Mooresville and 'chat'... Usually with a carried in lunch of some Matt's Chicago style hot dogs, or something.
      Being frugal, I used to laugh at his using a long rubber band to hold his cell phone to his head so he could build wires while on the phone.
      We talked mostly about his new love for ballroom dancing, and how it brought some new companionship his way.
      He sold me a JTS engine he had been saving for a project... Now that has more interest for me to get it put back together.

Brian also built me up a custom set of wires for 'The Black Car'...
      When it came to putting the custom logo ends on, he asked me what name or logo I wanted on them.
      I told Brian... I want your logo on the wires... Nobody else.
      Now... These too will carry more meaning for me...

Gonna miss that guy.....
      Last edited by DEEPNHOCK; 01-10-2017, 12:00 PM.
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

WOW!- love that monster engine!

Comment

Brian Shawn Scott (1953 - 2017)

Brian Shawn Scott, 63, of Mooresville, NC passed away on January 9, 2017 in Charlotte, NC following a brief illness. He was born on October 7, 1953 in South Bend, IN and was the son of the late Thomas Arthur and Marjorie Ann Scott.

Brian grew up in St. Clair Shores, MI and was an Eagle Scout. He studied at Hanover College where he earned a Bachelor of Arts in Business Management and was a member of Phi Gamma Delta fraternity. He worked for several years as a vice president of Keystone Cable Corporation before starting Scott Performance Wire, which he owned and operated until his death.

Outside of work, Brian cherished spending time with friends and family, loved competitive ballroom dancing, enjoyed travel and exploring new places, was a longtime patron of the arts, and regularly attended Charlotte theatre and symphony performances. He had been a private pilot and a volunteer firefighter & EMT. Brian was a champion for numerous local and international charities and felt strongly about supporting members of our military and veterans.

Brian is survived by his daughter, Diana of Denver, CO, and sons, Evan (and wife, Elizabeth) of Hollywood, MD, and Sean of Columbia, SC; his siblings, Stephen (and wife, Ellen), Melissa, and Timothy (and wife, Marianne); grandchildren: Ethan, Jenny, Everett and Ava; and nieces and nephews: Katie, Laura, Heather and Alex. He is also survived by his fiance, Karyn Yaussy of Newton, NC, his longtime friends, Mark and Barbara Vieau of Mooresville, NC and his protective sidekick, Bailey - his Shetland Sheepdog.

A memorial service will be held at 11:30 am on Saturday, January 28, 2017 at The Cove Church, 197 Langtree Road, Mooresville, NC. In lieu of flowers his family is requesting memorials be made to the Dove House Children's Advocacy Center, PO Box 825, Statesville, NC 28687 or Hospitality House of Charlotte, 1400 Scott Ave., Charlotte, NC 28203.

Cavin-Cook Funeral Home, Mooresville, is serving the Scott family. Condolences may be made to the family at www.cavin-cook.com

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
          X