Avanti Purchase Order Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti Purchase Order Info

I'm hoping someone on here can provide me with some purchase order info for my '63 Avanti. Specifically I'm looking to confirm whether or not it has its original engine. Serial number is R 3794, and engine number is RS 2179.

Thanks in advance for any info.

You can get a production order from the Studebaker National Museum. This will have the information you need.

Denny L

Comment

If your Avanti is equipped with a supercharger, well, that's a step in the right direction!

Comment

The RS Engine Number is in the correct range of '63 Avanti Engine Numbers for a Supercharged R2 Engined Avanti.

The only way to know for sure if it IS the Original, is getting the Production Order.

Available here: https://www.studebakermuseum.org/sto...duction-orders
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I've ordered a copy of the PO from the museum. Hopefully it won't actually take 4-6 weeks like they advertise.

Comment

Mine took about 4 weeks to arrive.
            "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." -B Franklin

Comment

Brian, they typically wait until they have a few and do them at the same time. I got mine in about two weeks...fingers crossed for ya!
              Mike Davis
              1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Good to know. Thanks!

Comment

Check with Dan Booth at Nostalgic. He has production order, production inventory, and dealer invoice forms. I got a set for R4541 from him.

(o[]o)

Comment

I also got my "originals" for 63R 2658 from Dan Booth. When he knew what I had he called me at 9:30 PM PDT. There is a 3 hour difference between me & Wixom, MI. Didn't matter to Dan

Comment

I too ordered from Dan, I got all 3 ,alot of info on the inspection sheets; what they missed and what they fixed. He quickly called me back and verified what I already new, 63 r1705 White orange gut R2 4speed. He was excited , said he only new of a few original in that combo.
                      1 Family owned 63 Studebaker Avanti 63r-1705 White with Orange interior , R2 4 speed.
                      Just purchased 63r-3623 R2 was a auto now dressed to a R3 with a4speed.

Comment

Working...
                      X