Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration of Chuck Naugle SALE

President Member
    The rain this morning wasn't bad, but that hail stung.
    Non of which seemed to dampened the enthusiasm of the buyers.
    I watched a lot of good cars and stuff move out all day.
    All the volunteers were great, Thank You.
    Those two boys seemed to be good kids, polite, helpful, nice to see that.
    South Lompoc Studebaker

Brownsburg, IN, USA.(NW suburban Indianapolis)
    'Good reports, guys, and encouraging. 'Happy to hear that the parts and cars are being sold cheap enough that they go away to be ultimately used in the hobby one way or another, as opposed to somebody wanting too much money for them and they wind up lost to "recyclers." Thanks, all. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

yes, family are all nice folks & want to see Chuck's stuff go to those who appreciate & can use it rather than get baled up & sent to China. There are many solid but ambitious builder cars selling in the $3-500.00 price range. I wish I would have brought a bigger trailer!
    Barry'd in Studes

Speedster Member
    Last edited by cstude1; 01-22-2017 at 02:19 PM. Reason: add pics

President Member
    Picture worked

Some pictures of yesterday..

NagelRanchDay_b by s blazel, on Flickr

NagelRanchDay_g by s blazel, on Flickr

NagelRanchDay_c by s blazel, on Flickr

NagelRanchDay_e by s blazel, on Flickr

NagelRanchDay_d by s blazel, on Flickr

NagelRanchDay_h by s blazel, on Flickr

NagelRanchDay_i by s blazel, on Flickr

Thanks for all those photos!

Nice to see these vehicles and parts being saved.

Craig

Speedster Member
    Great times had sold loads of parts and 17 cars. Next sale is 2/4/2017. Have tons more stuff to sale. Next sale deal is buy 1 parts car at $300 and get a Second one FREE. Thank all that came great weath on Sunday and cold weather on Saterday and good times were had buy all that came out for the celebration of Chuck. Thanks John Kroulik

Quote Originally Posted by studejohn View Post
    Great times had sold loads of parts and 17 cars. Next sale is 2/4/2017. Have tons more stuff to sale. Next sale deal is buy 1 parts car at $300 and get a Second one FREE. Thank all that came great weath on Sunday and cold weather on Saterday and good times were had buy all that came out for the celebration of Chuck. Thanks John Kroulik
    John,

Is that date Feb 4th? Or 2nd of April?

One of our Foothills Chapter members who is currently in Fountain Hills for the duration of our winter wishes to attend.

Craig

Speedster Member
    February 4th

Thanks, John.

I will pass it on to Ray & Ginny.

Craig

President Member
    Quote Originally Posted by studejohn View Post
    Thanks for that information, John. I have a couple of cars in mind that I could not get because my trailer guy was not available this weekend. I already put him on notice for the 4th.

With all the 50-51 cars, it would be easy with that great deal to put together one great iconic Studebaker. I saw several other possibilities as well.

Thanks to all the people helping put on a great meet and sale.

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ

Who bought the nice Phillips 66 Fuel Tanker?

Is the Autumn Haze '61 Cruiser still available?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Agreed, Rich; that Phillips 66 tanker is 'way cool. 'Love it. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Silver Hawk Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StudeRich View Post
    Who bought the nice Phillips 66 Fuel Tanker?

Is the Autumn Haze '61 Cruiser still available?
    The new owner is sitting on the fender of the trailer, first name is Frank the rest is a secret but he is well known.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Silver Hawk Member
    It is about 9:30 AM monday and I just got out of bed after a 16 hour 950 mile drive home with an empty trailer, I did not go down with anything in mind but I never leave home with out the trailer. did get a few things that fit in the bed of the truck, rear end, 57 hawk trunk lid, and 63 wagon gas tank all items I have people needing. It took us 16 hours to drive down on Friday all in full rain all the way but it was worth the trip and lots of people came from a long way both for parts and for Chuck, the crew working the sale were perfect and most friendly, I left at 10 AM on Sunday so don't know who won the bidding on the cars with bid sheets. I bid on one and will be going back on the 4th to get it . it is one I have always wanted but could never afford ( 1990 Avanti 4 door) now I have one. Sat. night My friend Ken, myself, Bill and Sonja Ozzard, Dan Manko and grand son I think, had a nice steak dinner and some good time talking and swapping stories. I hope they post the list of people that was there...........Bob
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Quote Originally Posted by candbstudebakers View Post
    I bid on one and will be going back on the 4th to get it . it is one I have always wanted but could never afford ( 1990 Avanti 4 door) now I have one. .........Bob
    Bob, I have always wanted one of those, too. But my wife doesn't share my admiration for those quirky sedans!
    Last edited by StudeNewby; 01-23-2017 at 04:35 PM. Reason: corrected typo
    Mike Davis
    Regional Manager, North Carolina
    1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

President Member
    Bob Palma. I saw a bin full of battery hold downs and thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by DieselJim View Post
    Bob Palma. I saw a bin full of battery hold downs and thought of you.
    OMG, Jim; and you didn't BUY them? BP

Ayn Rand:

President Member
    All the other hold downs were attached to cars. Seriously, used to be someone would come and ask Chuck about (fill in the blank) and he would say "I don't have one". If some of us were there when the question was asked, someone would ask "Chuck, where is the radio, generator, carburetor, wheel cover, etc etc car. Chuck would say or point to that car. Several cars full of heads, blocks, crankshafts, camshafts, well you get the idea.

So Bob, if you do want some hold downs, let someone know that will be there on the 4th. Our chapter has a tour for lunch later that day so I guess I will have to be there early to get my order in for what I need OPPS, what I want. What does need have to do with any of this

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ

Heavens no, Bob; I don't need any. But thanks for the offer! BP

Ayn Rand:

President Member
    That was my Grandson Ryan. We just pulled in.
    We wanted to do a couple more days sightseeing but Ryan has an appointment to see a Navy recruiter at 3 this afternoon.
    South Lompoc Studebaker

Silver Hawk Member
    Go Navy, USS Yorktown CVS-10 1959-1962 enjoyed every bit of it but was glad when I got out, but something all young men should make part of their life, if so I think the world would be a better place today.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

President Member
    We just got home as after Chuck's, we drove to Albuquerque to visit Sonja's Mom and as we are wintering on the very west central side of Arizona, we would never be closer. I-40 heading West to Flagstaff was full of wrecks so pretty slow going due to snow and ill equipped individuals. I'll post some more pics asap. It was a treat to meet Bob P and Ken as well as many others who visit this forum. I concur, Chuck's family is fabulous which tells you what sort of person he was. RIP Chuck, I wished I had the pleasure to have met you. I'm sure your mold has been broken.
    Cheers, Bill & Sonja

I just got in this evening; drove 3K miles. It was a pleasure meeting you at the event, Bill & Sonja!

Note pic of John removing some of the hundreds of nice parts which Chuck had hung from the ceiling joists! That is an NOS early '53 tri-star wheelcover in foreground.
    Conestoga wagon with Sagauro cactus photographed at Jerry Kaiser's in Marana.
    The one original terracotta Studebaker fence post top sold for $3K & is going back to SB.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TX Rebel; 01-26-2017 at 12:47 PM.
    Barry'd in Studes

more pix

Here are more pictures from Chuck's taken on Sat & Sunday.
    I got a good truck & trailer load there & visited John on Monday afternoon to get a few more items to fill in the cracks.
    I barely got out of there with enough $$ for the fuel to get home, but had a great time.
    Good job, John-it was a fun, well-managed event with no disappointments & worth the time & expense to attend! I only regret that there was no time to visit with all of the folks who came!
    Some of these nice items can be delivered to York.

www.studebakersite.com
    Last edited by TX Rebel; 01-26-2017 at 01:15 PM.
    Barry'd in Studes

On the way out, I bought a rough '58 Packard parts car in Fredericksburg which I dropped at the Studebaker peach farm near Luckenbach, TX.
    That is owner, Russ Studebaker, with the Packard. I delivered a pair of R ser truck doors to him & stayed overnight there before heading west to AZ.
    I bought a rough '64 GT at Chuck's that was stuffed with fans; doors & trunk lid were not perfect but worth saving as were p/s parts, brake drums, rear end, etc. Chuck had used many of his yard cars for storage containers for the many parts he had removed from his cars. 2 cars were stuffed with air cleaners & 2 were full of radios, etc. As may be seen, my trailer was well loaded with hoods, doors, fenders, running boards & boxes stuffed w/ small parts. It did not seem that many dealers were buying much for inventory.
    Last edited by TX Rebel; 01-26-2017 at 01:17 PM.
    Barry'd in Studes

President Member
    At one time with over 300 cars in Vail, Chuck had more Studebaker inventory than most Studebaker dealers carried when they were selling new cars. I can remember seeing years ago, all 4 1958 Packard models, as well as several 1957 Clippers. I had somewhere a picture of Chuck and Ruth a picture taken at our banquet in front of their Turquoise and white Clipper that was Chuck's daily town driver for years.

If I can get out before February 4, I will see about inventory and post cars and numbers before February 4.

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ

Golden Hawk Member
    I would love to have one of those terra cotta wheel logo column toppers.

President Member
    Frank Wenzel and his tanker score.
    DSC_0265[1].jpgFor Chuck,
    As was mentioned by Barry, you had to look in ALL the trunks as that was Chuck's stash of various similar parts. EG: one car's trunk was FULL of fuel pumps, another's assorted chrome trim, Oil filter adaptors, steering wheels, carburetors, cylinder heads etc. You get the idea. Don't assume all that was there is a car-check the trunk. Flat deck loaded with driveshafts.DSC_0272[1].jpgDSC_0271[1].jpgDSC_0270[1].jpgDSC_0268[1].jpgDSC_0268[1].jpgDSC_0267[1].jpgDSC_0266[1].jpgSorry for the duplication-difficult for me to edit. Re the trunks/hoods etc. apparently in the summer they also provided housing for the rattlesnakes to heat soak. More to follow when time permits-It's beer thirty.
    Bill

I was very pleased not to encounter any rattlesnakes or skorpions, just plenty of clean Studebaker parts and many nice folks. The time went by SO fast!
    Barry'd in Studes

Silver Hawk Member
    Barry are you going back on the 4th? if so I will see you there.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

planning on it but it is coming up rapidly
    Barry'd in Studes

Commander Member
    Whomever purchased the other fence post tippers, I would be interested in buying one if they are for sale

Speedster Member
    Ok here's the deal for the coming sale .There has been a nother day added so now we're set for the 4th and 5th. Open 6am Saturday and 7 am Sunday closing at 12pm Sunday and running ever one out buy 1pm. That's the best I can do. Food truck on site around noon Saturday only. We don't expect the biggest crowd this time. Other dates and times coming up will post. So remember buy 1 parts car at $300 and get the next free. Please show up to get great deals. I'm not able to shop for anybody I'm much too busy. Sorry. Thanks John Kroulik. My phone number is on the first page. Please call and I will try to answer your question. Oh please spread the word thank you.

Speedster Member
    If anybody wants to see a different view there seems to be a lot of activity on Studebaker lovers Facebook. Regarding this sale lots of pictures I understand unfortunately I don't do Facebook yet. I guess I'm stubborn. Thanks John

Speedster Member
    I am going to try to make it. Forget the Super Bowl!

President Member

President Member

Chuck's Studeacres

Sorry for the posting error above which showed Chevelle as attachment-It didn't belong and I tried to delete it.DSC_0252[1].jpgDSC_0251[1].jpgDSC_0250[1].jpgDSC_0248[1].jpgDSC_0247[1].jpgDSC_0246[1].jpgDSC_0245[1].jpg
    Anyone considering going to the Feb 4 & 5th event will not be disappointed.
    Bill

President Member
    Sonja & my return trip from Chuck's routed us through Albuquerque NM and back to central western part of Arizona. Found a few Studes along the way. This '32 was on a part of old Route 66 which went through the Petrified Forest.DSC_0280[1].jpgDSC_0281[1].jpgDSC_0282[1].jpgDSC_0283[1].jpgDSC_0284[1].jpgDSC_0285[1].jpgDSC_0286[1].jpg