Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration of Chuck Naugle SALE

Silver Hawk Member
    Bill see you there, looking forward to getting away even if for only a couple of days.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

My mom, dad, and I will be there and if all goes to plane we plan on getting a Truck and a 52 hardtop. I look forward to seeing you all there.

President Member
    If anyone would like to see about a place to meet for a meal on Saturday evening say around 6pm or 7pm, let me know soon. I can set up something if there is interest in doing so but I will need to know by January 14th.

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ

Silver Hawk Member
    Bob count me in and there will be 2 of us..........thanks,,,,Bob
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

President Member
    Bob & Bob,
    We were planning on a quaint mex place called Mi Casa (Ph# 520-245-0343) which was highly recommended. Hopefully that would work for all interested. Pehaps Tucson Bob could set it up if agreeable. There will be two of us. There was one review stating an early closing, so perhaps this could be confirmed as it may have been a week day.
    Cheers, Bill & Sonja

President Member
    Bill and Bob,

Mi Casa is a restaurant that is downtown Benson with hours 11-7 M-F closed on weekends. If there are others that would like to meet on Friday, I can set something up. I don't know of the travel plans of everyone coming so that is why I mentioned Saturday the 21st.

Depending on the number, so far 6, there are several places Mexican, Chinese, Italian, as well as good BBQ, Burger, etc for Saturday. There is also Buffet with Chinese/American for a reasonable price. All are located in Tucson.

Bruce Sandburg lives at J6 outside of Benson and I can contact him if everyone is interested in Benson.

We have until January 14 to set this up so plenty of time for input and interest in meeting after Saturday the 21st.

Let me know what everyone is thinking and will keep everyone in mind with meeting up after Saturday, or on Friday, the night before.

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ
    Last edited by 6hk71400; 01-03-2017 at 06:01 PM. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by 6hk71400 View Post
    Bill and Bob,

Mi Casa is a restaurant that is downtown Benson with hours 11-7 M-F closed on weekends. If there are others that would like to meet on Friday, I can set something up. I don't know of the travel plans of everyone coming so that is why I mentioned Saturday the 21st.

Depending on the number, so far 6, there are several places Mexican, Chinese, Italian, as well as good BBQ, Burger, etc for Saturday. There is also Buffet with Chinese/American for a reasonable price. All are located in Tucson.

Bruce Sandburg lives at J6 outside of Benson and I can contact him if everyone is interested in Benson.

We have until January 14 to set this up so plenty of time for input and interest in meeting after Saturday the 21st.

Let me know what everyone is thinking and will keep everyone in mind with meeting up after Saturday, or on Friday, the night before.

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ
    Bob that sounds great. I would like to meet up with everyone after words and have dinner. I will be driving up with the family of Friday morning. Since we are coming from CA we most likely wont get there until late so Saturday would be best for us. If that doesn't work that's fine just would be nice to meet and chat with everyone.

Robert

President Member
    Bob M,
    Count us in for Mi Casa Friday then and we'll let others decide on Saturday's destination.
    Looking forward to meeting you all.
    Cheers, Bill & Sonja

President Member
    Spent the day helping the family getting ready for the sale.

Does anyone know if they have fenders for a 53 Commander coupe?
    51 Studebaker Starlight State Commander Coupe
    53 Studebaker Starlight Regal Commander Coupe
    61 Nash Metropolitan Convertible
    62 Volvo PV544 Sport

Speedster Member
    Thank you Jim for your time. It was a long day and still lots of work to be done before the sale .Will pull it off somehow. Here is some more vehicles of interest. 3 zip vans. 2 60 convertibles 1 61 convertible Rusty. 8 62 wagons 4 59 or 60 wagons 6 63 to 66 Wagoneers. All are considered projects or parts cars. Please bring your own tools jack's tires etc. there will be a gas air compressor on site and my son for hire if someone needs a helping hand he can get it done quickly. Thanks John Kroulik

President Member
    Is there anyone going to be filming people and cars stories on the 21 and 22 of January so it can be posted on YouTube? There is so much history that needs to be recorded plus the fact all of the cars and items will be there for one last time. I hope so. I don't have a camera or sound to use but I would volunteer to do so on the 21st if someone does have the equipment.
    Thanks

Bob Miles
    Tucson, AZ

President Member
    On Second Thought: If Patty or John or Ruth would object to having that done, I would not want to do that. If someone can contact them prior to the date and if it is okay, then maybe we should proceed if possible.

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ

Speedster Member
    I really don't see any thing wrong with documentation on film. Go for it .This isn't a Russia you won't be thrown in prison or fired on by firing squad for filming. Patty Naugal is executor of all property on site. Unfortunately I have never seen Ruth for the past five years that I've been there visiting. Good news is we have a food truck on site. 1-J Jon Bad news is there is no Power on site or running water. Good luck on your travels see you the 21st and 22nd. Thanks John Kroulik the go to guy on pricing and also Mike lynch will be helping out on pricing stuff out side . As said before all will priced to go. The Last thing we need is it to go to scrap and some will unfortunately. On a good note there most likely will be another date set for cars to be picked up And more sales of stuff and cars. And please have mercy on us we are just friends of the family and all our efforts are voluntary.

I sure don't understand why they are not providing some sort of list of what is for sale.....I don't want to drive 800 miles for nothing!
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Golden Hawk Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
    I sure don't understand why they are not providing some sort of list of what is for sale.....I don't want to drive 800 miles for nothing!
    It's Chuck Naugle's collection.... That should be enough reason to go.

Speedster Member
    You're more than welcome to come out and inventory everything for the next sale. Trust me it's not worth the time and effort. I know what you're talking about, Sorry we are just volunteering and have full time jobs. If Chuck only had 50 cars to inventory it would not be a problem but we're talking at least 200 never took the time to count and there considered project cars and parts cars not much more than that The rat **** and cactus thorns are free. Please don't come if you're looking for turn key car. All the good cars have been taken off by the Sun rats and mice and Father Time. But if you looking for a good deal on a parts car or project or even a pile of parts please come I encourage you great deals to be had thanks John

Silver Hawk Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
    Lou, just make the trip down , I am sure you could use the trip I know I can, see you there, leaving at 6:00 am Friday pulling an empty trailer just in case one never knows. I hope the turn out is good.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

President Member
    Ref Post 46. Planning on Mi Casa on Friday at 530 for 6 or 8 people. Jenny gets off work and home around 4:15 then we can drive to Benson and be there by 5:30.

No one has responded about having a place to eat or meet after Saturday. I guess everyone will be on their own for dinner on Saturday. I will be happy to offer recommendations or places to avoid.

We all own John Kroulik, Mike Lynch, and Jim Maxey and others for the work they have done. What I am understanding and have a feel for is there are going to be many people coming from all over Studelandia. I hope the weather will cooperate. As I understand it, there may be rain. Today, January 14, it is overcast cloudy with a 60 percent chance of rain. Our big tourist season starts not with the Fort Lowell Soccer Shoutout over the weekend and in two weeks starts the month long Tucson Gem and Mineral show for one month straight. The show has been called one of the greatest treasure hunts.

Thanks again to John, Mike and Jim.

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ

President Member
    Cool beans, Bob. Count me & Sonja in for 5:30, Friday. We're looking forward to meeting all the other, similarly demented Stude folks there.
    Cheers, Bill

President Member
    We have been having a cold snap in Tucson/Vail this weekend. Highs around 55 with rain over the weekend. It was raining Sunday during our Southern Arizona Chapter Banquet. Should warm up a little to 65 during the week but 50 percent chance of rain this coming Saturday. Bring your raincoat, umbrella and boots. Weather report states again a high of 55 Saturday.

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ

Speedster Member
    This is a rain or shine event or even snow. Come all and enjoy the day whatever mother nature has in store for us. The food truck will be serving coffee bagels and barbecue.The Studebaker national foundation will have a table set up for donations under Chucks name. And 80% of the parts are off the ceiling for easy purchaing and the toys are out of the cabinets on tables for easy pickings . My son is up for hire to help extract cars and get them on their wheels and lovely daughter may be available to help pickers in the garage run and pile up stuff as your shopping . So hope to see ya all for the great celebration of Chuck. Thanks John Kroulik

President Member
    Thanks John for additional information. I hope it doesn't snow. I have been out there way in the past when it did. Glad to hear the foundation will be there. There is already a good start on money for the scholarship in Chuck's name.

See you on Saturday.

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ

Naugle sale

Thanks John for additional information. I hope it doesn't snow. I have been out there way in the past when it did. Glad to hear the foundation will be there. There is already a good start on money for the scholarship in Chuck's name.

See you on Saturday.

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ
    I am leaving today & will join you @ Mi Casa if I get there in time. Staying at Best Western in Benson & have a good load of parts for AZ buyers.
    Weather is going to suck on Sat. morn, and get cold that night, but will improve on Sunday.
    Barry'd in Studes

President Member
    MI Casa is a small restaurant that has seating for 24. We may not be able to sit at one table but be close by. I figure 5:30 for us to be there. John Lewis from our chapter is planning, Barry, Bob P and Bill and Sonja and the Miles. See everyone for sure on Saturday and Friday at MI Casa in Benson.

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ

Silver Hawk Member
    MI Casa is a small restaurant that has seating for 24. We may not be able to sit at one table but be close by. I figure 5:30 for us to be there. John Lewis from our chapter is planning, Barry, Bob P and Bill and Sonja and the Miles. See everyone for sure on Saturday and Friday at MI Casa in Benson.

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ
    Bob after doing the math I don't think I will be there in time for dinner, we are leaving the bay area at 5:00 am Friday and driving 850 miles pulling a trailer and with most of the miles still in California where the speed limit is 55. I know we will run a little faster down I-5 with the flow of trucks but still a long haul, see you when we get there......Bob
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

President Member
    That is a long haul for sure. We can always have coffee and BBQ on Saturday at the food truck. Just be safe and don't push it. The only exercise I get is pushing 66.

See everyone Saturday. I will be the guy with a Studebaker hat on

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ

President Member
    On my way to Vail. I will be wearing the Studebaker Truck Farmers hat. See you there. I will not have internet for a few days. Jim
    Last edited by DieselJim; 01-20-2017 at 08:22 AM. Reason: m0re info

President Member
    Leaving soon, see you all later today.
    Cheers, Bill & Sonja

President Member
    Chuck and Chris Collins, Bill and Sonja, Chuck Kinney, Barry Hackney and Jenny and I had a great dinner. Little rain in Benson, but then a little more back to Tucson. Everyone plans on an early start tomorrow. No idea of how many people with be there so we will see tomorrow.

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ

Brownsburg, IN, USA.(NW suburban Indianapolis)
    Y'all have a good time. 'Sure wish I could be there.

Best wishes! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

This ought to be televised!

President Member
    Or at least on YouTube. I had asked about that on a previous post. Hope someone could do some filming tomorrow.

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ

President Member
    It rained most of the night but it was not too bad out there. Wind gusts did make it colder but on the whole a good day. 37 Four door loaded up, 52 hardtop, several bids on cars that will be known on 2pm Sunday. Barry was loading up his trailer with lots of sheet metal. One big truck sold was a Flat Nose Transtar (I believe a 64 model) that was a Phillips 66 Gasoline tanker truck. It had 6 open gas covers on the top all working. Very impressive. 1 41 Commander Sedan-Coupe two door is still available.

Tons of Studebaker service pins, grilles and dash boards hanging from the rafters. I would say maybe 20 56-61 Hawk grilles up there and many more around the place. 3 64 Gt Hawks one complete with Power Shift, A/C PS and PB. Very complete car and it was one of Chucks favorites. Starting bid $3,500.

John was quoting prices of around $500.00 or less for all the cars around that are project or parts cars. Garage full of things you don't see often. The optional hood ornament that was a longer flat piece for 53-54 with a triangle piece at the bottom; I counted 9 in bin in the garage. 2 pairs of Hee Haw overall and all sorts of collector lunch boxes. ON and On and on and .........

Not sure if I will make it tomorrow but maybe just to see if all the cars with bids go. Cutoff time for the bid is 2:00pm Sunday

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ

Speedster Member
    Any photos of the 41 coupe sedan? And condition?

President Member
    I did not take any photos. If you know someone that is here still and has a camera, maybe they can take some pictures. The one that is for sale needs glass, body work but it pretty complete. Just took a little look at it but beyond my means to restore.

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ

Speedster Member
    Great day 10 cars out the gate and lots of toys and parts sold. Had a proximally 230+ people show up. The Studebaker national foundation did great . And we have tomorrow. Next date set 2/4/2017 for pick up of cars sold and additional sales. The 41s are parts cars one is vary rusty and the other is a lot better parts car. Thanks John

President Member
    I'm curious if that collection of Studebaker red ball long service pins from 5 to 55 years sold & if so what price did they bring?

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
    MELBOURNE.

Speedster Member
    Not sold yet will let ya know.

It rained most of the night but it was not too bad out there. Wind gusts did make it colder but on the whole a good day. 37 Four door loaded up, 52 hardtop, several bids on cars that will be known on 2pm Sunday. Barry was loading up his trailer with lots of sheet metal. One big truck sold was a Flat Nose Transtar (I believe a 64 model) that was a Phillips 66 Gasoline tanker truck. It had 6 open gas covers on the top all working. Very impressive. 1 41 Commander Sedan-Coupe two door is still available.

Tons of Studebaker service pins, grilles and dash boards hanging from the rafters. I would say maybe 20 56-61 Hawk grilles up there and many more around the place. 3 64 Gt Hawks one complete with Power Shift, A/C PS and PB. Very complete car and it was one of Chucks favorites. Starting bid $3,500.

John was quoting prices of around $500.00 or less for all the cars around that are project or parts cars. Garage full of things you don't see often. The optional hood ornament that was a longer flat piece for 53-54 with a triangle piece at the bottom; I counted 9 in bin in the garage. 2 pairs of Hee Haw overall and all sorts of collector lunch boxes. ON and On and on and .........

Not sure if I will make it tomorrow but maybe just to see if all the cars with bids go. Cutoff time for the bid is 2:00pm Sunday

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ
    It was a great day for all with many friends present and everyone was having an enjoyable time hauling junk & spending money.
    No doubt ol' Chuck would turn over in his grave if he knew his treasures were being sold off cheep!
    Barry'd in Studes