Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Celebration of Chuck Naugle SALE

President Member
    Gord, What impressed me most of the COE was the deck goes on forever! It must have been over 20 feet. And I agree shipping back to Canada(Alberta or British Columbia) for either of us would be pretty hefty.
    Bill

Speedster Member
    You know you can always make an offer on the Cab over. You load it up with another car on the back and a ton of parts to take back with you and possibly a trailer with the car on top of it to. You can make your money back on shipping cost. One drawback it mite take you three or four weeks to get the Canada. I don't believe that truck is any speed demon. Just slow and easy as it goes . Please pass the word on like to see all this great stuff find a home in it original configuration. Thanks John Kroulik

Champion Member
    He's another perspective, although not much different, from someone who was there for the January sale. I'm not as far away as some parts of Canada, but NH is still a good hike from Tucson, but I will admit that I'm blessed with frequent flyer miles. First let me say that as others have said, the family and friends of Chuck did an exceptional job of running the sale. With hundreds of people milling around and John primarily responsible for pricing it was a tall order. But they pulled it off very well and they all deserve special thanks from the Studebaker hobby for saving this stuff; obviously not the easiest option. I've been in many situations where existing, supposedly organized, businesses have not done as well under more favorable circumstances.

In January I passed by a few shiny items in the shop early on, figured I go back in a few minutes and make an armload, but when I did the items were gone, and probably at very reasonable prices. But really to me that was not the major attraction of the sale, shiny items is what everyone has saved and if you wait long enough most anything will turn up somewhere. I'm into big trucks and I have never seen anything that approaches the gold mine of items there, even the selloff of Rey Clerici's stuff in CA pales in comparison. At the Naugle sale so far I have bought four large trucks (note to any local SDC members who might see this, don't tell my wife, she will learn in good time on a need to know basis). Two of the trucks are strictly for parts. For all those eyeing the green and white forest service dump trucks, those have been mine for a month or so now, one hopefully will go to a friend in TX at my cost or less just to get them used and bring a new big truck person into the Studebaker club fold. I'll be going back out in March and hope to get more dismantling of the parts trucks done and maybe do some triage on the forest service trucks. I would rather be there doing that then vacationing on the beach somewhere after the long NH winter, no contest. I am a bit concerned about the snakes and killer bees that I'm told will emerge as the weather get warmer, but hopefully I can adapt. As they say in the military, it's all about keeping up your situational awareness.

Silver Hawk Member studeclunker's Avatar
    Carry around a super soaker with a very strong solution of Dawn dish soap in water. If you come across killer Bees, I'm not sure what to say because no matter what you do you're screwed. Once one of them gets after you the whole hive will follow momentarily. However, a supersoaker with soap solution will help with wasps, hornets, et al. Yes, keeping aware of your surroundings is critically important anymore in the south-west.

Glad to hear those nice old trucks have a good home.

Oh yeah, and good luck with the wife! If you two have been together for a while, it would seem she's the understanding type anyway though.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Champion Member
    Yes we have been married for 38+ years now and we left our wedding in our 64 Cruiser so she had fair warning of what was to come. Still large influxes of parts and trucks that weight 4 tons or so empty may cause a raised eyebrow. She worries about disposing of the stuff if/when I drop, but I keep telling her you need a critical mass (like Chuck had in spades) to attract buyers.

President Member
    Gary, PM sent.
    Jim
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Speedster Member
    Gary:
    Sent you a private message since you're from NH....

Silver Hawk Member
    After some major work on the 1990 4 door I got last month at the sale today it goes in for smog test if passes then it will hit the road and I am looking forward to driving it . the car had been sitting for many years indoors so no problem with interior or exterior but gas tank was a real problem, It needed to be removed and flushed out and good thing it is stainless steel or it would have rotted away, the inside and all the parts in side the pump, sender, float, wires and cage that hold things together were all rotted and most were in the bottom of the tank. finding the right parts were a little hard and a lot of running around but did come up with something that we could make work. Since the gas tank is custom built the sender system needed to be correct but who knows what it came from, we found the closest we could and altered it to do the job, and then the plastic feed lines from tank to engine are another subject and brittle with special fittings and Chevy just says NLA ( no longer available) I did find a shop to make a new section that broke. These cars should be the one in the Johnny Cash song. ( one piece at a time) even with the problems I am looking forward to cruising in it. and do love the car.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Quote Originally Posted by gephet View Post
    Yes we have been married for 38+ years now and we left our wedding in our 64 Cruiser so she had fair warning of what was to come. Still large influxes of parts and trucks that weight 4 tons or so empty may cause a raised eyebrow. She worries about disposing of the stuff if/when I drop, but I keep telling her you need a critical mass (like Chuck had in spades) to attract buyers.
    ​Yeah, Chuck and Ron Hackenburger. I think the two of them were in an unofficial competition to gather the most Studebakers. Of course, Ron cheated by branching out to other makes.
    Ron Smith

Speedster Member
    March 18 and 19 just a few days away. Gates open 6 am. I'm sure Texas rebel will be first in line. After driving all the way across the country from York meet. Next sale is April 8 and 9. After that will see we're the family is on the hole deal. So great deal to be had and good chance to get out of that storm back east. Bring a hat and sunscreen. Because it's nice and sunny here now. Thanks John Kroulik 623 432 4379

Commander Member
    Just thought I would post a pic-DSC07064 (2).jpg of Mike, John and myself along with a very nice parts body for a future project. We are looking forward to this weekend (March 18&19). I would have to say for those of you who have not been to Chuck's this is one of the few places that you can get a trunk filled with goodies. It's like going to a candy store for those of us who like sweets, you can't just get one. So anyone who is thinking about a trip to Tucson should make plans and do it. I for one can't believe how many cars and trucks including loose parts are still available out at Chuck's. I hope they all find a new home.

Quote Originally Posted by studejohn View Post
    March 18 and 19 just a few days away. Gates open 6 am. I'm sure Texas rebel will be first in line. After driving all the way across the country from York meet. Next sale is April 8 and 9. After that will see we're the family is on the hole deal. So great deal to be had and good chance to get out of that storm back east. Bring a hat and sunscreen. Because it's nice and sunny here now. Thanks John Kroulik 623 432 4379
    This ol' Texan ain't making it this time. This is the first I heard that it was going to be 2 days & I just got home from York last night. Maybe in April. Best wishes to all that make it- it will be worth the trip.
    I was very fortunate to exit PA by way of Pittsburgh on Sunday p.m. ahead of the blizzard which closed the highways for 2 days there earlier in the week.
    The only snow I saw on the entire trip was all day Friday during the meet. I never encountered any bad driving conditions.
    Barry'd in Studes

Speedster Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TX Rebel View Post
    this is the write up I submitted for the local newsletter:
    The next sale will be the 18th & 19th of March, which is the weekend after York. I am not sure I will make that one, but perhaps there will be another sale I can make.
    Barry Hackney
    Hi Barry! Those must have been some hard miles... we'll miss you and hope to see you on April 8th and 9th!
    Last edited by asesolen; 03-17-2017 at 09:21 PM.

Speedster Member
    Oh Texas rebel. Hard miles indeed. In your own words post 148. And my words 147 clearly states a two day sale. Your antics will be missed this time. See you in April for the next two day sale. Get some sleep. Lol John kroulik

Best wishes to all this weekend. I hope the Naugle family does well and more cars find good homes. Do please post pictures for those of us not able to come with.
    Ron Smith

President Member
    Hey Chuck,
    Thanks for the water yesterday. It was much needed.
    [Actually it was Chucks daughter who provided it but it was Chucks idea.]
    The number of cars and parts and just "stuff" still available is almost staggering.
    And the prices ! I heard a number of people commenting that they couldn't go wrong buying.
    South Lompoc Studebaker

Speedster Member
    Had a great sale. Lots of buyers getting great deals on truck loads of stuff. Just wasn't the same with out Texas rebel there. Lots more to go. April 8 from 6am tell 4pm or so and 9 tell 12 noon. After this sale it's in the air if any more sales will be held. So this could be it. Thanks John

Speedster Member
    I went through 4 bottles of Gatorade and had to stop at noon. The parts were too hot to touch! I got about 90% of what I was looking for. The people were very friendly, and I was in amazement at all of the different cars and trucks. John was very helpful, and very fair with his pricing. I'm glad I went.IMG_0121.jpgIMG_0117.jpgIMG_0112.jpg

Commander Member
    More Pics from the 18thDSC07283.jpgDSC07284.jpgLots of good things leftDSC07285.jpgDSC07286.jpgDSC07287.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for posting the pictures.
    Ron Smith

Speedster Member
    The next sale is coming fast 4/8 from 6am to 4pm. 4/9. 6am to12pm lots of cars and big truck and piles of parts to pick from. This could be it. Will see what the family decides to do after this sale. See ya all there. Thanks John

This week will be in the 70s and 80's which is probly the last weekend for cool weather for a while. Looking forward to to seeing everybody on Sat! I need a few more 570 heads.. and a HT door!

Golden Hawk Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SScopelli View Post
    This week will be in the 70s and 80's which is probly the last weekend for cool weather for a while. Looking forward to to seeing everybody on Sat! I need a few more 570 heads.. and a HT door!
    That made me laugh (70s-80s ---cool)!
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Speedster Member
    Quote Originally Posted by studegary View Post
    That made me laugh (70s-80s ---cool)!
    LOL, And that's not even summer temps!

dry heat 3 .jpg

Quote Originally Posted by asesolen View Post
    LOL, And that's not even summer temps!

dry heat 3 .jpg
    The temps on that picture look like a spread for Redding, Ca.
    Ron Smith

Speedster Member
    Gates Open 6 AM. The big neon Studebaker sign sold today to a gentleman in Indianapolis Indiana. He will be taking delivery of it on Monday from a gentleman that's traveling with Studebaker truck parts to New Hampshire

This was a real nice find..

2014-10-17 08.42.47 by s blazel, on Flickr

62 Silver Daytona 289/4bbl/4speed/PS/TT

Speedster Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SScopelli View Post
    62 Silver Daytona 289/4bbl/4speed/PS/TT
    That is a nice find! Congrats on your purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by asesolen View Post
    That is a nice find! Congrats on your purchase.
    Nice to see someone was able to take advantage of 2-for-1..

IMG_7220 by s blazel, on Flickr

The 62 Daytona 4 speed is to the left of the light blue 61 4 door. It was the one that had all the oil pans in it.

I just got home last night late with a good load on my small trailer, thankful that I arrived ahead of the storms! It was a very successful trip, thanks in part to Kolton Kroulik's & Jerry Steinmetz' help removing & loading parts. Turn-out seemed lighter & things are of course getting more picked over, but there are plenty of nice items for those who know what they are looking at. Great quantities of good parts are still waiting to be bought & most will probably go to the crusher eventually. Chuck's wonderful 12 car garage, once stuffed, is now about 3/4 cleaned out but the '37 2 ton cab-over remains.
    I bought a pair of cars for stripping- a 51 F body coupe & a 50 Land Cruiser both w/auto drive. I could not get all of the good parts off of them in the available time on this trip, but got 2 high speed rear ends, gas tank, a great pair of rear fenders, tr lid & L door from the coupe along with several small parts. Sadly, someone had already snagged the rear sway bar from the L.C. Other nice finds were a nice pair of '37 fr doors, a '40 coupe trunk lid, '41 Comm L fr fender, Hawk bumpers, br drums, wheels, early Champ fr fender, '51 & 52 LF fenders, early Lark trunk, '62 RF fender, 56-7 RF, a 20's head & sprocket drive starter, a clean 47-52 tail section, & numerous small parts. As previously, the people there were wonderful & I was glad that I went.
    I met Bob Miles for lunch on Fri & then we went over to Kelly Marion's where I picked out a small load of goodies.
    I can bring any of the parts from the sale to SB.
    Barry'd in Studes

Commander Member
    Here are few more pictures from Saturday DSC07362.jpgDSC07366.jpgDSC07370.jpgDSC07369.jpgDSC07383.jpgDSC07395.jpgDSC07368.jpgDSC07380.jpgDSC07382.jpgDSC07394.jpg
    lots still
    I would guess 75+ vehicles and lots of parts.

Commander Member
    I had to add this one, its a stickery situation
    DSC07402.jpgDSC07407.jpg
    Sorry for picture quality the sun was very bright.

Wish I knew about this.. Not looking for parts and have been to Chucks a few times or more. I was driving out near there in my 53 coupe.. Drove through Vail// Would have enjoyed meeting some of you gents..

Wound up later at a car show..after..
    Got a trophy but would have rather met some forum guys,,

Just a driver..not a show car by any means..
    AKA Ken

What I do when I am not here..
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

President Member
    If it runs, Drive IT!

Speedster Member
    Well the last official sale was a good time for all that showed up. I'd like to think Gary from New Hampshire that saved 4 large Studebaker trucks and Texas rebel for coming out and getting three large loads of parts and cars and to all the others that came for the sale. Lots of young studebaker enthusiast showed up to buy. I can honestly say it was a pleasure meeting you all and giving you deals of a life time and my friend Mike Lynch for helping with every minute to the sale .it's officially over there's one last pick update at the end of April for those that have cars not yet picked up. The family is getting bids on the rest of the stuff and there's lots All will going to scrap metal. Unfortunately all the folks that were buying there was not enough time in the day to even make a dent in the pile of parts and cars. If I can talk Patty into it maybe one more sale all proceeds will go to Chuck Naugal scholarship fund let me know what you think thank you. John Kroulik

Sorry about the size of these. I can't get the image inserter to cooperate with either sizing or to do thumbnails. I'm also having trouble with the reply function holding fonts. Must be my antiquated operating system...

Anyway, I was wondering if these two were taken.

Ron Smith

Ron / Clunker
    i am not sure of the orange one , but i did see the one in your last photo there as i was leaving on Saturday evening .
    i will see if i can get some photos up.
    If it is still available you need to get down there as this has studeclunker written all over it .
    Blake

President Member
    Well, John, I have been clawing at the door to get to the previous sales but the bride has promised if there is one on the 29-30, she'll loosen my leash.

Ken Buchanan

President Member
    I would like to make it out for 1 more time. But, the meet in May. Haven't got my wagon back from paint yet. I feel some late nighters coming.

Commander Member
    DSC07407.jpg On the door it says SOLD TO NICK( my picture detail is bad but zoom in if you can), JOHN KROULIK should be able to tell you if it's sold. The RED farm truck had lots of interest and someone may have purchased it but I'm not sure. GOOD LUCK here are a few older pics for reference only--some things are still on site. IT DOESN'T HERTZ TO ASK I couldn't resistDSC06886.jpgDSC06904.jpgDSC06911.jpgDSC06825.jpgDSC07008.jpg