Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration of Chuck Naugle SALE

Speedster Member

Celebration of Chuck Naugle SALE

January 21 and 22 8am to 4pm this is a first come first serve sale there is no auction per Chuck Naugle's request. All cars and parts will be priced to sell. More Information to come Or call me John 623 432 4379. Thanks.
    Last edited by studejohn; 12-27-2016 at 05:25 PM.

President Member
    See you there.

Silver Hawk Member studeclunker's Avatar
    ​Wish I could go just to look.
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Silver Hawk Member
    Since I am in the need to get away maybe this will be a good chance and I like the area down there.
    Ron if you think you would like to go south or anyone else let me know, I would be taking my trailer just in case I came across something I could not live with out or someone else needs something trailered north. I do have a few cars for sale and would deliver for free if someone were to buy one.
    53 commander coupe
    60 lark 4 door
    76 Avanti body with damaged front end and frame.
    anyone interested just speak up and we can see what happens....Bob
    Last edited by candbstudebakers; 12-23-2016 at 10:04 AM.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Speedster Member
    Now your talking .Just for the venture of it. There are Studebaker related things going on the weekend before to Studebaker gathering in Phoenix on Saturday 14th and holiday party in Tucson the15th good times are to be had . Good chance to enjoy Az

Speedster Member
    How about a few pictures of what is there.
    james r pepper

President Member
    I think I may go as well. Some pics would be nice to clue us in, please.

Ken Buchanan

President Member
    Will the weather and roads be ok to get there for people coming from east of the Mississippi? January can be rough sometimes.
    Mike Sal

saw pics on face book , tons of stuff , wish I could go !

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Quote Originally Posted by spokejr View Post
    I think I may go as well. Some pics would be nice to clue us in, please.
    Why?

It will spoil the surprise!!

Craig

Speedster Member
    Chuck Naugle's StudeAcres

If you use a GPS, the address is:
    12985 E Transtar Trail (But, when you get to the property, the address listed on the pillars is 12785)
    Vail AZ 85641

Who knows the significance of the numbers 12785? Chuck not only named the street after his favorite model of truck but the address numbers have meaning from another part of his life as well.

Hope to see you all there on the 21st and 22nd!

Mike Lynch

Speedster Member
    Lots of great stuff in the garage too!

But John's wonderful wife Lorilee is NOT available!

2015-02-07 09.29.58_resized (2).jpg2015-02-07 09.30.08_resized (2).jpg2015-02-07 09.30.18_resized (2).jpg

Or how about a rare COE!
    chuck4.jpg
    Last edited by asesolen; 12-22-2016 at 04:04 PM.

President Member
    The White C-Cab behind the Hertz truck looks real nice, "is it a Driver Truck"? WOW I see lots of serious Eye Candy laying around on the Desert Floor,hope it all finds good Homes
    Joseph R. Zeiger

President Member
    John,

Will the cars that are sold going to have a Notarized Bill of Sale? I know Chuck had a stack of titles and sometime he would say he didn't have one to a car but found it, and the reverse true.

What was said about Lorilee and Colton and the rest of the family is true. Priceless!

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ

Hopefully I can get out there as I am far east Tucson..and a nice ride to Vail I take quite a bit with my cars and bikes..
    AKA Ken
    What I do when I am not here..
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

Quote Originally Posted by 63t-cab View Post
    The White C-Cab behind the Hertz truck looks real nice, "is it a Driver Truck"? WOW I see lots of serious Eye Candy laying around on the Desert Floor,hope it all finds good Homes
    It is actually the famous Desert Sand, Transtar 1 Ton Turning Wheels Cover Truck, that Chuck custom built from a rare 1 Ton 4 wheeler 9 Foot Pickup, into a 6 wheeler Dually with widened Rear Fenders to create the Special 1 Ton, 9 Foot Bed, Dually with a Pickup box!

I guess it's MORE famous here in the West.

It is his Wife's, so may not be for sale.
    Naugle Trucks3.jpg
    Last edited by StudeRich; 12-23-2016 at 01:08 AM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

President Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StudeRich View Post
    It is actually the famous Desert Sand, Transtar 1 Ton Turning Wheels Cover Truck, that Chuck custom built from a rare 1 Ton 4 wheeler 9 Foot Pickup, into a 6 wheeler Dually with widened Rear Fenders to create the Special 1 Ton, 9 Foot Bed, Dually with a Pickup box!

I guess it's MORE famous here in the West.

It is his Wife's, so may not be for sale.
    Naugle Trucks3.jpg
    They called it Sherman T because it rode like a Sherman Tank.

President Member
    I believe Sherman T has found a new home.

I will bring a 6 pack of Pepsi! Can't drink it but it will be there on Saturday the 21st.

Ken, also known as parts, our chapters annual banquet on the 15 of January, and is held at the Tanque Verde Guest ranch, is pretty far east in Tucson. Are you in that area. Tanque Verde Guest Ranch has been featured on some of the "cooking channels" for it's food. If you or anyone would like information for tickets for the meal, let me know. We usually hold an auction at the end with several Studebaker items as well as items of interest to the ladies.

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ

President Member
    An aerial view to grasp the scope (never been there myself) thanks to Google maps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-69 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Aw, why do these things come up when I can't get there??? So many nice big trucks, which I desperately need and no way to get one home...
    Ron Smith

President Member
    Quote Originally Posted by asesolen View Post
    Chuck Naugle's StudeAcres

If you use a GPS, the address is:
    12985 E Transtar Trail (But, when you get to the property, the address listed on the pillars is 12785)
    Vail AZ 85641

Who knows the significance of the numbers 12785? Chuck not only named the street after his favorite model of truck but the address numbers have meaning from another part of his life as well.

Hope to see you all there on the 21st and 22nd!

Mike Lynch
    Mike.

If my memory serves correct (that is not always the case) But I think that is when Chuck retired from Raytheon.

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ

Champion Member
    I know!
    But I cheated and asked his daughter and granddaughter.

12785 was Chuck's employee number at Studebaker

President Member
    Ahhh should have guessed that Raytheon (Hughes Tool) was just a job, but Studebaker was something else

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ

Silver Hawk Member
    I will be driving down on Friday and will be staying maybe until Monday where are people from out of town staying? It would be nice to stay where others are and do some tire kicking and dinner, let me know if anyone is already planning something.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Speedster Member
    I know!
    But I cheated and asked his daughter and granddaughter.

12785 was Chuck's employee number at Studebaker
    Thank you Jonathon!

That is what Chuck had always told us but then Bob's answer seemed almost plausible too. As much as Chuck liked to joke around and pull your leg I almost wondered if I'd been duped!

Hope you're all making plans on being there! There are still lots of great treasures!

Silver Hawk Member
    Quote Originally Posted by candbstudebakers View Post
    I will be driving down on Friday and will be staying maybe until Monday where are people from out of town staying? It would be nice to stay where others are and do some tire kicking and dinner, let me know if anyone is already planning something.
    just bumped this up to keep it alive, still waiting for some respond to where out of state people might be staying.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Tuscon is relatively close to Vail and has a number of nice motel/hotels along with RV parks. Benson, on the other side of Vail, also has a lot of motels along with RV courts as well. No idea which would be a better location.
    Ron Smith

President Member
    Bob,
    Cheers and Happy New Year!
    I think we'll stay in Benson at Comfort Inn-Pet freindly as we'll have our retrievers with us. Also a highly recommended folksy Mex restaurant there.

Bill & Sonja

Speedster Member
    Benson may be your best chose. I beleve there is a Jem and mineral show going on in Tucson and it's a big one from one end of town to the other so rooms may be hard to find? Good luck love to see ya all there. Up for sale in the garage we'll be some pocket watches ,Service year pins 5 to 55 I believe ,terra-cotta Studebaker wheel that sat on proving grounds post .90 4 door Avanti.71 Avanti ,64 gt hawk ,51starlight coupe,51land Cruiser,47 starlight,37 Cab over truck and a lot of great stuff hanging from the rafters. Thanks John

Is there a list of cars to be offered?
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Speedster Member
    No list there's 200 + cars out side. Being sold as project cars/parts cars. But off hand I will list what I can remember. 37 two door sedan 37 four-door sedan. 2 41 two-door sedan's 5 52 hard tops. 6 or more 50 or 51 starlight. 63 2 door Daytona Skytop rusty 61 2 dr Daytona Skytop rusty 3 64 gt Hawks rusty. 1 was a super hawk at one time. Big trucks 1/12 ton and 2 ton trucks. Trust me most are considered parts cars. At least from an Arizona view. If you're east of the Mississippi they may be considered Cream puffs. Thanks John

President Member
    Benson would be a good place to consider, if you are bring a trailer to take home a car/parts. You could unhooked and leave it safely in the parking lot while you look over the inventory to buy. It would be easy to travel the distance rather than in downtown Tucson or places on the interstate exit. There are a few places along I-10 at TTT Truck Stop with motel and Truck/RV parking along the way. Nothing at Vail/Wentworth Exit as far as motel/RV. If I were still at Ramada, I could set up a block of rooms at 59.00 each, but alas, that is no longer a hotel.

The Gem and Mineral Show starts February 1 so timing is not too bad. If anyone does want to know about a place to stay and review, contact me on this tread or send a PM.
    Using Trip Advisor, I did find some hotels around Palo Verde and I-10 that are decent hotels for around 55.00 per night during the 20-23 January. Studio 6 is in this area and rated 28th out of 129 hotels in Tucson for $55.00 per night. Around the airport area, Baymont Inn is not to far away around the airport area with easy access to I-10. It is rated at 66 out of 129 in Tucson and the rate is 54.00 per night.

Be sure that if you do make reservations to do it direct to the hotel. If they quote you a price higher, mention that TripAdvisor listed that price. The hotel should be willing to adjust rate. If you use a third party, such as Hotwire, Hotels.com where you pay the third party then they pay a lower rate by contract to the hotel, if you have a problem, you have to go to the booking company to resolve. Generally, if a guest is not happy about something and have made a reservation direct, the hotel can make adjustments to your bill at check out with managers ok.

Hope this helps.

Our chapter is holding our banquet January 15, 2017 at the Tanque Verde guest ranch. Hope if you can come early that you make it a longer stay for a week before the celebration of Chuck Naugle.

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ

Are the Arizona chapters doing the "March Madness" event this year?
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

President Member
    The March Madness will be hosted by the Grand Canyon Chapter this year. Last year the Southern Arizona Chapter hosted. Both chapters work together for this event to make it a great success for many years. I do not have details as of yet, but when our newsletter for the new year arrives, I will have more information and will post here.

I also hope to over the next few months, have a Facebook page and a webpage for the Southern Arizona chapter for the purpose of people passing through the area or visitors to our area to join our chapter events.

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ

Silver Hawk Member
    I booked a room at the Comfort Inn in Benson for Fri and Sat. not sure about Sun. but will play it by ear then, hope to see lots of Studebaker people, I have had a couple of people ask about my 53 for sale that can be trailered down for free to a buyer...........Bob
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

President Member
    Bob,
    Don't tempt me!
    Bill

Silver Hawk Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
    Bob,
    Don't tempt me!
    Bill
    Bill I booked it there because you said that is where you were going to stay.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

President Member
    Bob,
    We really look forward to hooking up with you. I owe you for your Donna Leek referral on my Packard so a drink or two is certainly in order.
    See you in 2 1/2 weeks.
    Bill & Sonja