Thread: Chuck Naugle

President Member

Chuck Naugle

Passed on Saturday, 11/26/16 at 3:17 AM. There will be no services. I will greatly miss him. Jim Maxey

Champion Member
    The Studebaker community lost a trove of knowledge and a good man.

RIP Chuck. And long live the Studebaker Truck Farmers

President Member
    Per a message from Chuck's Daughter Pat, Chuck wanted no Service or Obituary.

RIP Buddy, our debt to you will not be forgotten.

image2.jpg001.jpg

The STUDEBAKER TRUCK FARMERS.
    Last edited by LarkTruck; 11-27-2016 at 10:12 AM.
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

President Member
    I do recall memorable times with the great man in the past.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
    MELBOURNE.

Years ago, my fading memory, recalls meeting Chuck a couple of times. When I say "fading memory," honestly, I can't recall our conversations, but here's a couple of thoughts. He was very gracious to this hillbilly with a southern drawl. My other memory is that he was "bigger than life." It was not easy to have much conversation with him because everyone was clamoring for his attention. We have lost another "LEGEND" of our Studebaker family. Somehow, when it comes to my impression of Chuck Naugle, in the background, I hear the tune of a song made famous by Frank Sinatra..."MY WAY."
    John Clary
    Greer, SC
    [IMG][/IMG]
    SDC member since 1975

Golden Hawk Member
    This is a great loss to the Studebaker world and to the World in general. I knew Chuck for many decades. Our "thing" was to go out for ice cream each time that we met.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

We keep losing the "Good Guys"; I sincerely hope more "Good Guys" will keep coming forth.. but no one can ever replace Chuck !

President Member
    I visited Chuck 3 times in 2009. He looked after my wife while I roamed the yard. Great guy!!

Claude Chmielewski
    Studeski
    http://www.studeski.com
    Fillmore, Wisconsin
    47 M-16 Truck
    53 2R5
    60 Lark VIII Convertible
    60 5E7 Champ pickup
    62 GT Hawk 4 speed
    63 Lark
    63 GT Hawk R2 4 speed
    64 Commander Wagonaire
    64 Daytona Convertible
    50 Champion Regal (parts car)
    36 Dictator
    36 Dictator in pieces

President Member
    Non tax deductible donations can be made to Carondolet Hospice
    1802 W St Mary's Road
    Tucson AZ 85745
    Memo: in memory of Chuck Naugle

Cards to my mom, brother & sister can be mailed to me at 7714 W Summer Scene Dr
    Tucson, Az 85743

Thanks Jim

Pat Naugle-Daniels,
    iPhone

- - - Updated - - -

Non tax deductible donations can be made to Carondolet Hospice
    1802 W St Mary's Road
    Tucson AZ 85745
    Memo: in memory of Chuck Naugle

Cards to my mom, brother & sister can be mailed to me at 7714 W Summer Scene Dr
    Tucson, Az 85743

Thanks Jim

Pat Naugle-Daniels,🌻
    iPhone

Commander Member
    My dad got to meet him on a out west travel excursion and he had a great time talking Studebakers and especially trucks. He will be missed

I don't even remember when I first met Chuck, but it was a long time ago. Back when he used to drive Earl all the way from Arizona to York with a load of sheet metal and such, he always stopped at my booth and picked out a few things. One year (late '80s as I remember), he walked in and handed me cash for the '63 Daytona Skytop I had for sale in the lot. He loaded it on Earl, took a couple quarts of oil that I had left in the car, poured one in Earl's engine and left for Arizona. Some years later I had found a NOS set of the late wire wheel covers, but I didn't have any clips and I couldn't find a part number for them. Chuck sent me as many as he could spare. That was the last time I spoke to him.
    I sure regret never being able to visit his Arizona domain.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Champion Member

South Bend

Quote Originally Posted by jclary View Post
    Years ago, my fading memory, recalls meeting Chuck a couple of times. When I say "fading memory," honestly, I can't recall our conversations, but here's a couple of thoughts. He was very gracious to this hillbilly with a southern drawl. My other memory is that he was "bigger than life." It was not easy to have much conversation with him because everyone was clamoring for his attention. We have lost another "LEGEND" of our Studebaker family. Somehow, when it comes to my impression of Chuck Naugle, in the background, I hear the tune of a song made famous by Frank Sinatra..."MY WAY."
    Every year for years the high light of my life was the trip in the spring to South Bend and having meals with Chuck and Doc Barnes. Chuck always brought something in the back of Earl and usually had some parts to deliver. Many good times. At the Minneapolis meet I bought that 9 foot Studebaker sign and gave it to Chuck. Somehow he loaded it on Earl and drove it back to Arizona. Sympathy to the family.

Speedster Member
    chuck stopped at my place in illinois in the 90's to pick up some parts on his way home. He pulled into our farm in Earl, put on the air brakes ....my dad never forgot that, thought it was so cool..