Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Thunder Hawk Project is back on

Oh and as you can see I didn't get the hood scoop installed. So I will wait for the new improved version and then cover things up.

Hey Dan, I got so inspired by your old Lark wagon so I posted pics of it in the facebook group "Studebakers of Scandinavia", I sure HOPE you don't mind...

Josephine
    Champion V8
    4d sedan

I don't mind at all. Hope some people get inspired or at least like what they see.
    Dan

Good! & yes, they seem to fancy it quite a bit, I also wanna inspire them...

Josephine
    Champion V8
    4d sedan

Work today as Tom and his son Riley came up and mocked up the interior. First look and now we have a good idea on how the rest will fit. Now ordering time again. They assembled the seat.

Had Riley sit in the car as he is the tallest of the drivers. Seat, steering column and gas pedal installed.

Tom took a turn and he is surprised at how much room there is. His last car he built was a Monza. He set a record at Bonneville at 226 mph.

After they left I did my own mocking up. Installed the dash and made a temporary bracket to hold the column support. Then screwed the seat to the wood it was sitting on. Now I can take measurements and make a mental picture of where things will go and start fabricating the things that are my responsibility.

Tomorrow Andy and Dave will be coming up to work the next two days on the car. Hope to get a lot done. Pictures and the story as it happens.