'56 President two door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Chuck Tubens is great. He installed a 66 flightomatic he rebuilt in my 66 Cruiser (I drove it to Portland) 4 or 5 months ago. When it turned out the governor was not correct he drove the 250 miles from Portland and installed, in my garage, the one that came from my core and asked for nothing. Then he drove home the same day - in HIS 1966 Commander. I gave him a few things in appreciation. By the way, I'm thinking of selling the Cruiser. I can't see being able to keep it much longer (storage, etc.).

Nice car, Matt!
      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Great picture!

Comment

Had a chance to compare the drastic differences between the '55 and '56 F Bodied cars...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
            Chuck Tubens is great. He installed a 66 flightomatic he rebuilt in my 66 Cruiser (I drove it to Portland) 4 or 5 months ago. When it turned out the governor was not correct he drove the 250 miles from Portland and installed, in my garage, the one that came from my core and asked for nothing. Then he drove home the same day - in HIS 1966 Commander. I gave him a few things in appreciation. By the way, I'm thinking of selling the Cruiser. I can't see being able to keep it much longer (storage, etc.).

Nice car, Matt!
            Post a picture (or two) of your '66.
            Mark Hayden
            '66 Commander

Comment

New sneakers to replace the 10 year old tires, and 60 year old wheels. The plan was to use the factory wheelcover on the smoothies, and upgrade to radial wide whites when the wallet allows.. The wheels came with chrome dog bowls so I stuck them on just to see.

...I love it.

Last edited by mbstude; 12-17-2016, 04:14 PM.

Comment

I like it too! The time is fast approaching that most folks alive wouldn't know the difference in those hub caps and the originals...or even care. These look classy in their simplicity.
                John Clary
                Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

That does look quite nice,kinda ruff n tuff ! ever since I was about 13 I always thought of the shape of this side trim as "the Gun Stalk Stude"

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                  New sneakers to replace the 10 year old tires, and 60 year old wheels. The plan was to use the factory wheelcover on the smoothies, and upgrade to radial wide whites when the wallet allows.. The wheels came with chrome dog bowls so I stuck them on just to see. Surprisingly... I love it.

Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I think it is starting to look like a cop car! Nice look.
                    Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                    50 Champion 2 door*
                    53 Commander K Auto*
                    53 Commander K overdrive*
                    55 President Speedster
                    62 GT 4Speed*
                    63 Avanti R1*
                    64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

The black wall tires really "cheapen" the look of that President...especially with the complimenting white stripe....

Comment

Opinions always vary but I'm for the "old Skool" that has always liked black walls and baby moons. My dad had whitewalls and they are for old folks. At 73, I'm still young enough to like black walls, baby moons and minimal chrome, well! and polished alum wheels too.

Really a nice looking car Matt.

Bob

Comment

As I said on Facebook, I like it. The nice things about wheels and tires is they can be changed to suit your mood without altering the car.
                          "In the heart of Arkansas."
                          Searcy, Arkansas
                          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                          1952 2R pickup

Comment

I love how the upper rear body panel comes up to mate with the back edge of the deck lid. It may make loading the trunk a little more difficult but you won't be bumping your head on the corner of the deck lid. Anyway, it looks great!

Comment

1950's cars look best with white wall tires cheap models, police, taxi, fleet and company cars had black walls and small hub caps. Just my opinion or I should say my memory of old days when these cars were new and I was young. Now both they and I are old nice examples of the old cars look like new I don't look as good now.

Comment

I love the look of wide whitewall tires on a nice car, but at least in 52, lots of new cars had blackwalls. Even ones displyed by the factory.
                                Attached Files
                                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                                Searcy, Arkansas
                                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                                1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
                                X