This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
    Is the cutoff date for Concours & display vehicles really last June 29th (2016) as per the registration form pdf????????
    Looks like attendance will be a little low.

Click image for larger version

Name:	meetform.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	1711176

Comment

Jeff, you have found a typo. Contact Bob Henning on that and you Vendor space questions.
      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Originally posted by Avantidon View Post
        Jeff, you have found a typo. Contact Bob Henning on that and you Vendor space questions.
        I did just that...
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by studeguy54 View Post
          For a fact, I can tell you that the folks in South Bend are NOT setting on their hands waiting for this meet to happen. The "folks who are supposed to be running the show" are, indeed, running this show, with help from "Visit South Bend", the City of South Bend, the Studebaker National Museum, and countless others who are contributing their efforts to the meet.

"It all sounds like a lot of fun if you can afford it" is a comment that needs to be addressed. If you are a meet attendee who attends the International Meet every year, you CAN afford it, and, in fact, we want you to be able to afford it. It's four (4) days and not six (6), the expensive Awards Banquet so reviled my many attendees, is gone, and the "not so fun" Fun Night is history. In its place are affordable events that we hope will be an every-year event, ALL saving you money. Because we are saving you money this year, we hope you will share these thoughts with others and encourage them to attend the "premier" event that South Bend is. It only happens every 5 years.

Denny
          Thanks for the info Denny.
          I have since learned a bit about some of the issues the folks in South Bend have run into. It sounds like they are getting past them and moving on. Part of me feels bad for causing such a stink about it all without knowing some/more/all of the facts. Having said that-- I'll just leave the rest of my thoughts to myself from here on out.

There is really no point in addressing this any further.
          I will either be there or I won't.
          Right now- it ain't lookin' too good....

Originally posted by Deaf Mute View Post
          Also if the meet isn't to your liking... I am sure that Denny & the entire meet committee would welcome you to host a future meet to your liking.
          You might be right.
          But since next year's meet is not even 200 miles from here- it'll be quite a few years before we see an International Meet in my Zone again.
          The last one was Spokane-- back in 2005.

StudeDave '57
          StudeDave '57
          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
          SDC Member since 1985

past President
          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
          San Diego Chapter SDC
          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I have another question. If we use the pdf registration form and send it in along with our money, what happens if when we find out what the To Be Announced events are and we want to attend those?
            Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

PDF Registration Form

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
              I have another question. If we use the pdf registration form and send it in along with our money, what happens if when we find out what the To Be Announced events are and we want to attend those?
              Joe,

First of all, thank you for having the confidence in the folks putting this meet together (Michiana Chapter) by sending your Registration in at this early date. The actions of you and others gives Michiana Chapter the assurance that what they are doing is right. It's NOT a small feat to put together an International Meet with all the small details that people never see, but make the meet a huge success.

To answer your question more directly, if you want to add an event I'd suggest you call Cornerstone Registration direct at 763-420-7829, and ask them to add the events you'd like to your Registration. Mark & Jen are very accommodating.

The January issue of Turning Wheels will have a full-color spread with information on the events. Registration is $35 until January 31 and $45 thereafter. It's not a small feat to put-together the information and schedule that people want to make a reservation. I suspect a lot of people's questions will be answered by the January issue.

Thanks again for supporting the meet. If you have further questions you can write me at dfoust@sdckeystoneregion.com, and I'll try to answer yours and others' questions.

Denny Foust
              SDC International Meet Chairman

Comment

This information is posted elsewhere, but for those of you who have been PATIENTLY waiting for the Registration form to be online...IT'S LIVE!!!!

By the time many of you will see this, the Meet Registration Site at
                http://www.sdcmeet.com will be live and accepting Registrations for the International Meet in South Bend, Indiana May 3-6, 2017.

PLEASE, help us out by completing your registration now for the meet at $35, and save yourself $10 before January 31, 2017 when the registration fee will go to $45. If you register on-site at the meet, you will have to pay the regular registration fee of
                $45 + $10 = $55.

Do it now while the thought is in your mind.

Merry Christmas from the SDC International Meet Committee and our 2017 International Meet Hosts, Michiana Chapter.

Denny Foust

for the SDC International Meet Committee and Michiana Chapter, SDC

dfoust@sdckeystoneregion.com

Comment

Working...
                X