Thread: Application form for meet for national meet

Application form for meet for national meet

When will they put out a PDF file for applying for the SB meet?

Steve

StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Speedster Member
    Gentlemen, I thank you for your continued patience. This is not your usual Convention. If you want it complete, up to date, with everything done, then give it a little more time. Dave, please email me privately with your questions. My email is rhenn15090@aol.com.

I do not think there are any "Questions" to be asked "Off the Record" by email, there is only the ONE everyone has been asking for weeks without a single answer:

WHERE is the "Application/Registration Form" that we must return by the deadline or Pay a Late Fee?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

I know that it takes a lot of work to put on an IM. I also realize this year's is going to be much different. My problem is that I am organizing a Caravan To South Bend and have been trying to get some of our members to commit to joining in. The problem is that in only 5 months until the IM in South Bend, rooms at the host hotel are about gone and we still do not have a lot of information about the meet, especially a registration form. Our members seem to be waiting until the registration form shows up before they make any commitments. The schedule for the meet itself seems to still be tentative thus not something a lot of folks want to base their attendance on. I do not think it is too much to ask for registration forms by this time. I am not trying to cause trouble here, but the lack of information and registration forms is making what I had envisioned as a fun trip for some of our chapter members a little doubtful. At this point things are looking disappointing.
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

ya know...

What's been interesting to me of late is that our SDC President seems to have more information about this event in his monthly TW column then the folks who are supposed to be running the show have on their website. This month he describes day two.
    And it all sounds like a lot of fun if you can afford it.

But you know-- even if I could foot the bill--
    I'd still have no way to register for all these 'great' events.....

StudeDave '57

Speedster Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JRoberts View Post
    I know that it takes a lot of work to put on an IM. I also realize this year's is going to be much different. My problem is that I am organizing a Caravan To South Bend and have been trying to get some of our members to commit to joining in. The problem is that in only 5 months until the IM in South Bend, rooms at the host hotel are about gone and we still do not have a lot of information about the meet, especially a registration form. Our members seem to be waiting until the registration form shows up before they make any commitments. The schedule for the meet itself seems to still be tentative thus not something a lot of folks want to base their attendance on. I do not think it is too much to ask for registration forms by this time. I am not trying to cause trouble here, but the lack of information and registration forms is making what I had envisioned as a fun trip for some of our chapter members a little doubtful. At this point things are looking disappointing.

Joe,

I truly understand your frustration that a Registration Form is not present for you to make a reservation for the 2017 Meet.

As one who has planned and promoted (2) International Meets in 1980 (before PC's), and again in 2008 in Lancaster, it's hard to relate to anyone just the total commitment of time and effort required to plan an International Meet, and the total dedication to detail all of this requires. In speaking with Tom Curtis this morning, he related to me that he is waiting for signed contracts from two venues YET before finalizing the Registration Form. In addition to that form, numerous pages of detail that must accompany it are being worked on. A lot of that work is being done this day, but it is a total package that must be presented to our Editor, Ann Turner, for inclusion in Turning Wheels.

As SDC International Meet Chairman, I understand you expect a flawless meet, and we want to give you what you expect. This year's IS going to be much different, and in a ways that we hope will save you money and provide you with a meet that, while it is a few days shorter, will give you all the activities you like to see and participate in. Your hotel reservation can be made at the DoubleTree in South Bend, Indiana now, and I STRONGLY suggest you make your registration NOW, as registrations for room nights are going fast. South Bend is THE place to be May 3-6, 2017. Take a look at earlier postings to the Forum for a taste of the tentative schedule for the meet. What more do you need to make your decision to go or not?

Denny Foust
    SDC International Meet Chairman.

dfoust@sdckeystoneregion.com

Speedster Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StudeDave57 View Post
    What's been interesting to me of late is that our SDC President seems to have more information about this event in his monthly TW column then the folks who are supposed to be running the show have on their website. This month he describes day two.
    And it all sounds like a lot of fun if you can afford it.

But you know-- even if I could foot the bill--
    I'd still have no way to register for all these 'great' events.....

StudeDave '57
    StudeDave

Please read the posting I put in here to JRoberts.

For a fact, I can tell you that the folks in South Bend are NOT setting on their hands waiting for this meet to happen. The "folks who are supposed to be running the show" are, indeed, running this show, with help from "Visit South Bend", the City of South Bend, the Studebaker National Museum, and countless others who are contributing their efforts to the meet.

"It all sounds like a lot of fun if you can afford it" is a comment that needs to be addressed. If you are a meet attendee who attends the International Meet every year, you CAN afford it, and, in fact, we want you to be able to afford it. It's four (4) days and not six (6), the expensive Awards Banquet so reviled my many attendees, is gone, and the "not so fun" Fun Night is history. In its place are affordable events that we hope will be an every-year event, ALL saving you money. Because we are saving you money this year, we hope you will share these thoughts with others and encourage them to attend the "premier" event that South Bend is. It only happens every 5 years.

Denny Foust
    SDC International Meet Chairman

PATIENCE FOLKS ! It will get worked out. I have my hotel reservations and am as curious as the rest of you what that weekend will bring. For those that are "tentative" remember you can make your hotel reservations now .. AND when the schedule DOES come out & it isn't to your liking... you can cancel that room.
    Also if the meet isn't to your liking... I am sure that Denny & the entire meet committee would welcome you to host a future meet to your liking.

As Deaf Mute says, one with patience wins this battle. Who knows it may appear on line this week and even be in the December issue of Turning Wheels.
    See you in the future as I write about our past

Want to register for the 2017 International meet in South Bend? Well go to the International meet site on the SDC Site and now download the meet registration form and mail it in. It is now available. For those of us who want to register on line, it will be a few more days and then we can. Who will be the first to register?

Thanks Don Avanti for the FYI. I'm sure this will make peace with those earlier threads

Hope to see you in the future.
    Steve Avanti/Commander
    Last edited by Steve-o-Reno; 11-18-2016 at 03:41 PM.

Here's the link to the PDF for Meet registration.

http://www.sdcmeet.com/Content/Docs/...ation_Form.pdf

U've registered as of today.

I have printed off the meet registration PDF form, filled it out, and sent payment.

Question.
    Swap meet vendor tables and outdoor swap meet space(s).
    These do not appear on the registration form (except for a car corral space for cars/trucks that are for sale).

Who do I contact?
    I want an indoor table (1) and an outdoor spot big enough for my vendor trailer.
    (I have been to the fairgrounds before, so the layout is not unknown to me)

Thanks ahead of time.
    Jeff
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Is the cutoff date for Concours & display vehicles really last June 29th (2016) as per the registration form pdf????????

Jeff

Golden Hawk Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
    Is the cutoff date for Concours & display vehicles really last June 29th (2016) as per the registration form pdf????????
    Looks like attendance will be a little low.

meetform.jpg

Jeff, you have found a typo. Contact Bob Henning on that and you Vendor space questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Avantidon View Post
    Jeff, you have found a typo. Contact Bob Henning on that and you Vendor space questions.
    I did just that...

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by studeguy54 View Post
    For a fact, I can tell you that the folks in South Bend are NOT setting on their hands waiting for this meet to happen. The "folks who are supposed to be running the show" are, indeed, running this show, with help from "Visit South Bend", the City of South Bend, the Studebaker National Museum, and countless others who are contributing their efforts to the meet.

"It all sounds like a lot of fun if you can afford it" is a comment that needs to be addressed. If you are a meet attendee who attends the International Meet every year, you CAN afford it, and, in fact, we want you to be able to afford it. It's four (4) days and not six (6), the expensive Awards Banquet so reviled my many attendees, is gone, and the "not so fun" Fun Night is history. In its place are affordable events that we hope will be an every-year event, ALL saving you money. Because we are saving you money this year, we hope you will share these thoughts with others and encourage them to attend the "premier" event that South Bend is. It only happens every 5 years.

Denny
    Thanks for the info Denny.
    I have since learned a bit about some of the issues the folks in South Bend have run into. It sounds like they are getting past them and moving on. Part of me feels bad for causing such a stink about it all without knowing some/more/all of the facts. Having said that-- I'll just leave the rest of my thoughts to myself from here on out.

There is really no point in addressing this any further.
    I will either be there or I won't.
    Right now- it ain't lookin' too good....

Quote Originally Posted by Deaf Mute View Post
    Also if the meet isn't to your liking... I am sure that Denny & the entire meet committee would welcome you to host a future meet to your liking.
    You might be right.
    But since next year's meet is not even 200 miles from here- it'll be quite a few years before we see an International Meet in my Zone again.
    The last one was Spokane-- back in 2005.

StudeDave '57

I have another question. If we use the pdf registration form and send it in along with our money, what happens if when we find out what the To Be Announced events are and we want to attend those?
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Speedster Member

PDF Registration Form

Quote Originally Posted by JRoberts View Post
    I have another question. If we use the pdf registration form and send it in along with our money, what happens if when we find out what the To Be Announced events are and we want to attend those?
    Joe,

First of all, thank you for having the confidence in the folks putting this meet together (Michiana Chapter) by sending your Registration in at this early date. The actions of you and others gives Michiana Chapter the assurance that what they are doing is right. It's NOT a small feat to put together an International Meet with all the small details that people never see, but make the meet a huge success.

To answer your question more directly, if you want to add an event I'd suggest you call Cornerstone Registration direct at 763-420-7829, and ask them to add the events you'd like to your Registration. Mark & Jen are very accommodating.

The January issue of Turning Wheels will have a full-color spread with information on the events. Registration is $35 until January 31 and $45 thereafter. It's not a small feat to put-together the information and schedule that people want to make a reservation. I suspect a lot of people's questions will be answered by the January issue.

Thanks again for supporting the meet. If you have further questions you can write me at dfoust@sdckeystoneregion.com, and I'll try to answer yours and others' questions.

Denny Foust
    SDC International Meet Chairman

Speedster Member
    This information is posted elsewhere, but for those of you who have been PATIENTLY waiting for the Registration form to be online...IT'S LIVE!!!!

By the time many of you will see this, the Meet Registration Site at
    http://www.sdcmeet.com will be live and accepting Registrations for the International Meet in South Bend, Indiana May 3-6, 2017.

PLEASE, help us out by completing your registration now for the meet at $35, and save yourself $10 before January 31, 2017 when the registration fee will go to $45. If you register on-site at the meet, you will have to pay the regular registration fee of
    $45 + $10 = $55.

Do it now while the thought is in your mind.

Merry Christmas from the SDC International Meet Committee and our 2017 International Meet Hosts, Michiana Chapter.

Denny Foust

for the SDC International Meet Committee and Michiana Chapter, SDC