This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 SDC meet, South Bend

Anybody have information on trailer parking at the host hotel, Doubletree by Hilton. I called and was advised there was no on-site trailer parking but maybe could park at a convention center across the street? I know it's a bit early but need to make plans and decision will be made on availability of trailer parking. Thanks.

Originally posted by delavant View Post
    Anybody have information on trailer parking at the host hotel, Doubletree by Hilton. I called and was advised there was no on-site trailer parking but maybe could park at a convention center across the street? I know it's a bit early but need to make plans and decision will be made on availability of trailer parking. Thanks.
    RV type "trailer" or ??? For the 2002 IM in South Bend we used a city owned lot a few blocks west of the host hotel, but that was principally for Swap Meet Vendors who were all set up in Century Center downtown. In 2017 the Swap Meet will be out at the Fairgrounds and they do have limited RV "trailer" parking there.

Also there is now on here a sub-Forum titled "2017: 53rd Annual Studebaker Drivers Club International Meet" where the people in-the-know are more likely to see & respond to your information request.

Good luck!

Comment

The fairgrounds has RV and car trailer parking.
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

I seem to recall this discussion coming up not too long ago.
        I don't remember if it was it's own thread or if it is buried in some other one-
        maybe in a thread about the New Hampshire show?

Either way- it and many other threads about South Bend have yet to be found and moved into their proper Forum.

It'd sure make things easier if that would happen...
        StudeDave '57
        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
        SDC Member since 1985

past President
        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
        San Diego Chapter SDC
        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by delavant View Post
          There will be a place at the Fairgrounds starting on Sunday before the meet. It will be in the west parking lot along the south fence. If you brought a car trailer/hauler in 2012, it will be in the same spot. We will start at the east side of that lot and line up trailers going west. There is NO LIMITED AREA. If you have a car trailer/hauler, bring it. If you have specific questions, you can PM me, or post them in the 2017 area.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
            I seem to recall this discussion coming up not too long ago.
            I don't remember if it was it's own thread or if it is buried in some other one-
            maybe in a thread about the New Hampshire show?

Either way- it and many other threads about South Bend have yet to be found and moved into their proper Forum.

It'd sure make things easier if that would happen...
            You have lost me. What "New Hampshire show" are you referring to?

I completely agree, that if members do not know to post this sort of question in the proper area, moderators should move them.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
              You have lost me. What "New Hampshire show" are you referring to?
              I knew that was odd when I typed it. My bad. I meant Rhode Island.

StudeDave '57
              StudeDave '57
              US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
              SDC Member since 1985

past President
              Whatcom County Chapter SDC
              San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
              San Diego Chapter SDC
              North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
                <snip> Either way- it and many other threads about South Bend have yet to be found and moved into their proper Forum. It'd sure make things easier if that would happen...
                I agree …to a degree!

I've noticed many threads started in less than the most appropriate SDC Forum were started by relatively NEW to-our-Forum friends. Maybe a nice gesture would be before our Administrator/Moderators "MOVED" their thread to notify the OP privately of such pending "MOVE." Nicely explain the reason their thread must be "MOVED" …and of course thank them for their participation.

Let’s remember, we all needed to learn to crawl before we learned to walk …unless we have some over-achievers here in our fold!

And StudeDave57, you might just get your wish tomorrow …SUNDAY!!! Since I started tracking there have been more "MOVED" threads on SUNDAYs than any other day of the week. Also, noticed a sharp decline in "LOCKED" threads through the first 6 months of this year versus the last 6 months of 2015. Dave, maybe all the people with their "hands on the Forum controls" are getting old and getting too soft on us!?!?
                Last edited by 56Golden; 09-18-2016, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 56Golden View Post
                  ... maybe all the people with their "hands on the Forum controls" are getting old and getting too soft on us!?!?
                  Jim, surely you mean that we Forumites are growing older and wiser and putting threads where they belong...right???
                  Mike Davis
                  1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Originally posted by StudeNewby View Post
                    Jim, surely you mean that we Forumites are growing older and wiser and putting threads where they belong...right???
                    I'll second that e-motion!

Comment

Moved to the appropriate board.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
                        Moved to the appropriate board.
                        A BIG Thank You!!!

Comment

This information is posted elsewhere, but for those of you who have been PATIENTLY waiting for the Registration form to be online...IT'S LIVE!!!!

By the time many of you will see this, the Meet Registration Site at
                          http://www.sdcmeet.com will be live and accepting Registrations for the International Meet in South Bend, Indiana May 3-6, 2017.

PLEASE, help us out by completing your registration now for the meet at $35, and save yourself $10 before January 31, 2017 when the registration fee will go to $45. If you register on-site at the meet, you will have to pay the regular registration fee of
                          $45 + $10 = $55.

Do it now while the thought is in your mind.

Merry Christmas from the SDC International Meet Committee and our 2017 International Meet Hosts, Michiana Chapter.

Denny Foust

for the SDC International Meet Committee and Michiana Chapter, SDC

dfoust@sdckeystoneregion.com

Comment

This early May meet sounds GREAT!!....And a big MERRY CHRISTMAS to all you folks!!

Comment

Working...
                            X