• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 56GH View Post
    Hope you got my message to see your PM.
    Yes, I just read it Bill, Thanks....Ed

Comment

I purchased my Hawk in 1983 from Constance Smith, the original owner. The car was shipped from South Bend to St. Louis , where Constance lived, on December 12th 1955. A number of years later Constance moved to Scottsdale, Arizona, where I purchased the Hawk. The Hawk is a 3-speed with overdrive, about 20 percent of 56-Hawks were so equiped. It did not have power steering or brakes. In 2007 I arranged to have Scott Benson (Gilbert Az.) to do a frame off restoration. Everything was re-done except for the radio - it works just fine- the tubes warm up and the audio comes on! Everything was re-done to stock except: The ft. brakes or now (none power) the Turner Mustang kit, power steering was added, the tires are radial, the dual exhaust pipes are a little larger in diameter, the oil pump is a modification from the original Packard, the trunk matt is not the original grass weave type, and the valve covers are now chrome with "Packard" on them. Other changes include removal of the dual rear radio ariel and re-location to the left ft. fender, the hood release was moved inside like the 58 Hawks, and the addition of a rear outside mirror. The original colors of Snow Cap white and Sunglow gold were retained.
      sigpic

Mike Barany

Comment

Working...
      X