This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movin' time...?

So now that we have this place will the SB Meet threads that have been started in the General and/or the 52nd Annual Forums be moved here...? There's a bunch of good info that belongs here to be seen by those interested in the 53rd Annual Meet.

In the one Forum it matters not, but in the other everything has been locked up.

StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

In the August 23 thread of Moderator Clark Novak, there are 3 links covering Meet Flyer, Registration and Meet Host Hotel. Only problem is that they direct all readers to the 2016 ZONE MEET, long over.

The primary thread is still locked. Could someone please get this all straightened out.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
      In the August 23 thread of Moderator Clark Novak, there are 3 links covering Meet Flyer, Registration and Meet Host Hotel. Only problem is that they direct all readers to the 2016 ZONE MEET, long over.
      You're right- but that's not on Clark or anyone here to fix- that's on the hosts.

OTW- at the top of the page you are talking about there IS a link that takes you to info about the International Meet...

http://www.michiana-chapter-sdc.net/...rnational.html

StudeDave '57
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

The only information at that site is the date of the meet. Anything else on the michiana site directs you to the swap meet info. Any idea when they going to publish any information about the International? Registration forms, schedule, etc. for those of us who need to plan ahead and are excited about making this meet. Just asking.

Comment

Originally posted by ndynis View Post
          The only information at that site is the date of the meet. Anything else on the michiana site directs you to the swap meet info. Any idea when they going to publish any information about the International? Registration forms, schedule, etc. for those of us who need to plan ahead and are excited about making this meet. Just asking.
          Nick, as of a few minutes ago the following was up on the Michiana Chapter's website: http://www.michiana-chapter-sdc.net/

Schedule of Events
          (Subject to change)

VENDORS ENTRANCE - GATE 2
          (IRONWOOD RD)

CAR SHOW ENTRANCE - GATE 2
          (IRONWOOD RD)

PUBLIC ENTRANCE/PARKING - GATE 5
          (JOHNSON RD)
          ---------------------------
          WEDNESDAY, May 3, 2017

12:00 noon - 5:00 pm VENDOR MOVE-IN,SWAP MEET & CAR CORRAL SET-UP

THURSDAY, May 4, 2017

12:00 noon - 5:00 pm VENDOR MOVE-IN,SWAP MEET & CAR CORRAL SET-UP

FRIDAY, May 5, 2017

8:00 am - 5:00 pm SWAP MEET & CAR CORRAL

5:00 pm - 9:00 pm CRUISE-IN DOWNTOWN SOUTH BEND (FIRST FRIDAY)

SATURDAY, MAY 6, 2017

8:00 am - 3:00 pm CAR SHOW, SWAP MEET & CAR CORRAL

8:00 am - 10:00 am CAR SHOW REGISTRATION

10:00 am - 2:00 pm CAR SHOW JUDGING

3:00 pm (APPROX) CAR SHOW AWARDS

Nick as a caution, the above info should of course be checked, double-checked before one makes any kind of monetary or other commitments. Also appears the SDC's IM will be happening concurrently with the South Bend FIRST FRIDAYS event. Here is a little bit more about FIRST FRIDAYS downtown South Bend: https://downtownsouthbend.com/downto...-first-fridays
          Last edited by 56Golden; 08-25-2016, 01:55 PM. Reason: color added

Comment

56Golden: I saw that but I understood it to be the schedule for the swap meet which, as I understand it, is being held at the same time as the International Meet. I'll keep looking off and on to see if more info becomes available. Just looking forward to making both the swap meet and the International next year. I have never made it to SB so it is extra special to me.
            Thanks!
            Nick

Comment

I too have never been to South Bend or to an International Meet so at the risk of sounding foolish could someone enlighten me as to how to get the most of the experience. I managed, barely, to get a hotel room from Wed to Sun for my wife and I so we are there for the entire event. I am not bringing my GT but am picking up parts at the swap meet. What does the $35 registration fee entitle us to that we wouldn't have otherwise? I see there is a tour of the assembly facility and the proving grounds, for extra fees. I assume the proving ground access is for those who have their Studes to make a lap? We want to take in the museum as well so I want to maximize the time. Hopefully next time there is an Int'l Meet in South Bend I can take my GT!

Any advice would be appreciated as there are a few of us newbies out here who need guidance!

Comment

Originally posted by Kato View Post
                I too have never been to South Bend or to an International Meet so at the risk of sounding foolish could someone enlighten me as to how to get the most of the experience. I managed, barely, to get a hotel room from Wed to Sun for my wife and I so we are there for the entire event. I am not bringing my GT but am picking up parts at the swap meet. What does the $35 registration fee entitle us to that we wouldn't have otherwise? I see there is a tour of the assembly facility and the proving grounds, for extra fees. I assume the proving ground access is for those who have their Studes to make a lap? We want to take in the museum as well so I want to maximize the time. Hopefully next time there is an Int'l Meet in South Bend I can take my GT!

Any advice would be appreciated as there are a few of us newbies out here who need guidance!
                Kato,

We're pleased you are attending your FIRST International Meet in 2017 in South Bend. This the very reason changes are being made to the character of the meet....so that we can appeal to a larger audience in SDC and hopefully stimulate others who have never attended an International Meet to come out and see what it is all about. (We also have the not-so-hidden motive of saving you $$$ as part of attending the meet) 56 Golden's post (above) touches on a few of the things forthcoming in the meet. For those who regularly attend International Meets, the FIRST day is going to look very familiar to them, just on a different day, Wednesday. As a new attendee to a meet of this type, we welcome you to attend as much as you like all week long. Your General Registration fee of $35 includes a name badge for you and your spouse and two guests for unlimited access to all free events you can see each day day, including the Swap Meet and Memorabilia display at St Joseph County Fairgrounds.

I could enumerate all the activities going on all week long, but the very next issue of Turning Wheels will have full-descriptions of Wednesday-Saturday's activities. I suggest you look at that issue, then make your reservation. Just keep in mind that, if you register before January 31, 2017, you save $10. Tours of Building 84, Vendors (and attendees) Night on Wednesday, Drive-up Judging on Thursday and Friday, Members Night on Thursday Night, First Friday downtown South Bend on Friday Night, with a chance to win a 1950 Studebaker, PLUS a tour of the Proving Ground, and the Studebaker Car Show and Awards Ceremony on Saturday with a festival-like atmosphere on the St Joseph County Fairgrounds complete the week.

What's not to like? Make sure you reserve for:

1. Self-guided tours of Building 84 $20/each person. This building, originally scheduled for demolition, has been saved and is a testament to Studebaker's time in South Bend, and will remain for the ages.

2. Members Night (free to registered attendees), includes a performance of the Studebaker Band, The General Membership Meeting, and the Studebaker Auction. If you reserve for the Members Night Buffet $25/person, you'll be feted with an All-You-Can-Eat Buffet catered by the foremost caterer in South Bend Kurt Janowski, THE caterer Notre Dame University uses for its events.

3. A Two-lap tour of the Proving Ground track $20/person in the morning Saturday, and the Studebaker Car Show (free to registrants) morning and afternoon. This show is open to ALL Studebakers, and all other makes of cars, original, modified, muscle car, dirt/pavement race car, other conveyance that can find its way on the field. We'll park the Studebakers in their own area, and all the non-Studebakers in another area. With a carnival-like atmosphere, and good food at fair prices, it'll be a day to remember.

It's an exciting time for our club, and a NEW look at our International Meet. Please tell your friends to come along and join us for the fun!

Denny Foust
                SDC International Meet Committee Chairman

dfoust@sdckeystoneregion.com

Comment

Originally posted by studeguy54 View Post
                  Kato,

We're pleased you are attending your FIRST International Meet in 2017 in South Bend. This the very reason changes are being made to the character of the meet....so that we can appeal to a larger audience in SDC and hopefully stimulate others who have never attended an International Meet to come out and see what it is all about. (We also have the not-so-hidden motive of saving you $$$ as part of attending the meet) 56 Golden's post (above) touches on a few of the things forthcoming in the meet. For those who regularly attend International Meets, the FIRST day is going to look very familiar to them, just on a different day, Wednesday. As a new attendee to a meet of this type, we welcome you to attend as much as you like all week long. Your General Registration fee of $35 includes a name badge for you and your spouse and two guests for unlimited access to all free events you can see each day day, including the Swap Meet and Memorabilia display at St Joseph County Fairgrounds.

I could enumerate all the activities going on all week long, but the very next issue of Turning Wheels will have full-descriptions of Wednesday-Saturday's activities. I suggest you look at that issue, then make your reservation. Just keep in mind that, if you register before January 31, 2017, you save $10. Tours of Building 84, Vendors (and attendees) Night on Wednesday, Drive-up Judging on Thursday and Friday, Members Night on Thursday Night, First Friday downtown South Bend on Friday Night, with a chance to win a 1950 Studebaker, PLUS a tour of the Proving Ground, and the Studebaker Car Show and Awards Ceremony on Saturday with a festival-like atmosphere on the St Joseph County Fairgrounds complete the week.

What's not to like? Make sure you reserve for:

1. Self-guided tours of Building 84 $20/each person. This building, originally scheduled for demolition, has been saved and is a testament to Studebaker's time in South Bend, and will remain for the ages.

2. Members Night (free to registered attendees), includes a performance of the Studebaker Band, The General Membership Meeting, and the Studebaker Auction. If you reserve for the Members Night Buffet $25/person, you'll be feted with an All-You-Can-Eat Buffet catered by the foremost caterer in South Bend Kurt Janowski, THE caterer Notre Dame University uses for its events.

3. A Two-lap tour of the Proving Ground track $20/person in the morning Saturday, and the Studebaker Car Show (free to registrants) morning and afternoon. This show is open to ALL Studebakers, and all other makes of cars, original, modified, muscle car, dirt/pavement race car, other conveyance that can find its way on the field. We'll park the Studebakers in their own area, and all the non-Studebakers in another area. With a carnival-like atmosphere, and good food at fair prices, it'll be a day to remember.

It's an exciting time for our club, and a NEW look at our International Meet. Please tell your friends to come along and join us for the fun!

Denny Foust
                  SDC International Meet Committee Chairman

Thank You Denny,

This helps immensely and it sounds like a great time! I will refer to the next TW as you suggest and will get my registration off before the end of January. I have been a volunteer organizer of an aviation event in our area so I know the amount of work that goes into these types of events so I want to thank you and all of the volunteers who take the time to do this. We are very much looking forward to being a part of this event.

Kevin Davis (aka Kato)

Comment

Good monring all,

I'm currently planning our trip, three of us, and would like some advice on where 'not to stay' in Sth Bend. I attended the 2012 meet and heard some horror stories from some other Aussies about their accommodation.
                    Matt
                    Brisbane
                    Australia
                    sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Hawk View Post
                      Good monring all,

I'm currently planning our trip, three of us, and would like some advice on where 'not to stay' in Sth Bend. I attended the 2012 meet and heard some horror stories from some other Aussies about their accommodation.
                      The biggest no-no is Motel 6. Sleep on a park bench if the Motel 6 on the north side of South Bend is your only option.

OTOH, my wife and I were coming back from Michigan this past July and stayed at a fairly new MicroTel on the north side of South Bend along Motel Row. It was reasonably priced and had nice accommodations. I'd stay there again. BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

This information is posted elsewhere, but for those of you who have been waiting for the Registration form to be online...IT'S LIVE!!!!

By the time many of you will see this, the Meet Registration Site at
                        http://www.sdcmeet.com will be live and accepting Registrations for the International Meet in South Bend, Indiana May 3-6, 2017.

PLEASE, help us out by completing your registration now for the meet at $35, and save yourself $10 before January 31, 2017 when the registration fee will go to $45. If you register on-site at the meet, you will have to pay the regular registration fee of
                        $45 + $10 = $55.

Do it now while the thought is in your mind.

Merry Christmas from the SDC International Meet Committee and our 2017 International Meet Hosts, Michiana Chapter.

Denny Foust

for the SDC International Meet Committee and Michiana Chapter, SDC

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                          The biggest no-no is Motel 6. Sleep on a park bench if the Motel 6 on the north side of South Bend is your only option.

OTOH, my wife and I were coming back from Michigan this past July and stayed at a fairly new MicroTel on the north side of South Bend along Motel Row. It was reasonably priced and had nice accommodations. I'd stay there again. BP

Heh!

I stayed at the Motel 6 that you speak of and had a good time….. Of course this was twenty something odd years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post

MicroTel has been my first choice for a few years. It has been very consistent in service and includes a good breakfast.
                            "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Are there still swap spaces to be had?

Comment

Working...
                              X