Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for brass fitting that screws into fuel pump (232 V-8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: Looking for brass fitting that screws into fuel pump (232 V-8)

Hello,

On the delivery side of the fuel pump on my 232 V-8, there is a brass fitting that screws into the housing. The brass fitting acts as an adaptor so that you can screw a 1/4" fuel line into the pump (the nut on the 1/4" fuel line has 7/16" threads that won't screw directly into the housing).

I need one of these adaptors. Anybody know where I can find one?

Thank you.

Most auto stores will carry brass adapters, very common problem. Try the "help" section and the "fittings" section, usually with the various nuts and bolts. They should be NPT thread, probably look for one like an L Male NPT into the pump and a female 1/4" tube inverted flare combo. May be shown as a brake line fitting as most fuel lines are 5/16, but usually the parts guy has some, even if in a box behind the counter. Welcome to the world of adaptation and the SDC.

Comment

That is actually a restrictor fitting part number 530918

Comment

Originally posted by BOEING707100 View Post
        Hello,

On the delivery side of the fuel pump on my 232 V-8, there is a brass fitting that screws into the housing. The brass fitting acts as an adaptor so that you can screw a 1/4" fuel line into the pump (the nut on the 1/4" fuel line has 7/16" threads that won't screw directly into the housing).

I need one of these adaptors. Anybody know where I can find one?
        Thank you.
        If it does have a restrictor-that may be harder to find, might try Dave Thibeault 978-897-3158 he builds so many fuel pumps he may have one sitting on a core. If not, then if somebody knows the restriction size, you can take a standard fitting, melt in some solder and drill it to size.

Comment

I don't recall any restrictor on any of my Stude fuel pumps. I don't know why they would want a restrictor. I'd try NAPA for the brass fitting.

Comment

Working...
          X