Keith Brooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keith Brooks

Condolences to Marilyn & family. Having known Keith for several years through the Studebaker Drivers Club, he will be missed by many B.C Coastal Chapter members and Foothills Chapter members. He was a positive influence on our clubs and will be dearly missed.

McInnis & Holloway is a locally owned and operated funeral home that has served Calgarians since 1903. We are Calgary's most trusted funeral home.

Craig

My sincere condolences go to Marilyn and Keith's family.
    I have known Keith for many decades albeit not closely in recent times. In fact the last time I saw him, he rolled into my North Vancouver Tire & Auto shop in a rented Dodge Neon (so that must have been mid 90's?) and I proclaimed " Nice Avanti!" and received his typical s*^t eating grin. At the 1973 Studebaker Driver's Meet in Osoyoos BC, he insisted on a 100+ mph drive up a very steep highway in my then recently built R4 Clone GT Hawk. Keith was always a cheerful, happy individual that you truly loved being around. We will surely miss him.
    RIP my friend.
    Bill

Comment

Hello Bill and Craig,

I am Keith Brooks' son. I had seen the post on the obituary wall and appreciated the kind words. He and I spent many years working on the various cars in the family and if not for his health would have loved to have gotten 3719 going as well. I can imagine his smile going up that hill in 1973 as well. He did have one of the best S*^T eating grins in the world. I came across this group (and the subsequent post) as I started to play with the idea of having an Avanti of my own in a few years. His love for that car does live on.

Cheers,

Keith Jr.

Comment

Keith Jr,
        It is great to have your acquaintance and the Keith memories we all enjoy. This is truly the part of life which sucks as we wish everyone would stick around forever. Sadly this is not the case but I am blessed with great memories of your Dad. My friend Denis Chapman (no longer with us) and I collaborated to keeping your Dad's Studebakers on the road for a long time.
        I think it would be a great idea for you to get an Avanti of your own in your Dad's memory. This forum will be a great resource for you to locate and purchase the correct Avanti and subsequent parts for yourself. Good luck and keep in touch.
        Cheers, Bill

Comment

Working...
        X