No announcement yet.

1950 commander 4 door big 6 auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found a sale for my car in March it went to fox productions and it’s in Bad time at the el royal
    The changed the colour to brown but it’s a good boost for Studebaker owners

Comment

Originally posted by jd63 View Post
      Found a sale for my car in March it went to fox productions and it’s in Bad time at the el royal
      The changed the colour to brown but it’s a good boost for Studebaker owners
      I just saw the ad for that movie. It looks interesting. I'll be looking for your Stude!
      Mike Davis
      1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	7DAD3CA4-DED7-4FAE-A8C1-EBB8A10B5D58.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	1724009 whaClick image for larger version

Name:	5853A942-2479-4BA1-9FDC-3BE5A541126A.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	1724010Click image for larger version

Name:	5CDC4C9A-7B50-4E16-8260-3C5F425AE679.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	1724011

Comment

At first I was happy that it got sold instead of being butchered, but that paint job does nothing for the car.
          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Let's hope it's one of those "peel off" paints that can be removed. I guess I wasn't paying attention when this car was still for sale. I've been looking for a 50 w/ automatic transmission. Would prefer a land cruiser, but would have considered this one had I not missed the ad.
            Mike Sal

Comment

I’m not crazy with the colour the picked either, that blue made it stand out where ever I took it

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
                At first I was happy that it got sold instead of being butchered, but that paint job does nothing for the car.
                Exactly what I was thinking. Wonder why they chose such an odd paint design and color?

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
                  Rather than doing nothing, I see it as a negative. Of course that paint or wrap is reversible.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

yeah. Dog Sheet Brown...Yuck. Shoulda left it alone.

Comment

I am in the process of fitting my '50 Commander Land Cruiser onto a '94 Sonoma (S-15) frame and running gears. I found an extended cab because the wheelbase is about 122". The engine (4.3 vortec) only has about 50K on it so I will use it for now just to get this Stude out on the streets. Having some fitting issues with the steering column at this time but will figure it out. Got the floor and seats in last week.

Comment

Working...
                      X