Looking for a certain '64 Avanti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan View Post
    R 5148, Donald Solomon, 116 West Eight Mile, Hazel Park, MI.
    I checked zabasearch.com and there is no listing for Donald Solomon. 116 W 8 Mile Rd in Hazel Park MI is now an urgent care facility.
    Chip
    '63 Cruiser
    '57 Packard wagon
    '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
    '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

I ran into Don and his wife at a car show in Ann Arbor earlier this month. They still live in Michigan but apparently not at that address anymore.

Comment

Hope you can track your Avanti down. Just have to track Don down for the next step.
        The Avanti could be most anywhere in the world.
        My Wagonaire was built in Hamilton, shipped to Denver Colorado, and somehow along the years found its way to NJ.
        Could be a military connection for the relocation here, Fort Dix, and Maquire AFB are nearby.
        Somewhat like a fellow I worked with who purchased his Avanti from Scordos here in Hammonton, was in Air Force, transferred to Weisbaden Germany, drove his Avanti all over Europe and sold it in Germany and God only knows what became of that car.
        sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
        Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
        "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Here are some possibilities:
          Chip
          '63 Cruiser
          '57 Packard wagon
          '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
          '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Ted, I could not find either one of the numbers you put up for the cars in the 77 book.

Comment

Thanks for looking. While it is disappointing in not finding Avanti's in AOAI rosters and on-line registries, it is still encouraging in finding others that aren't, indicating that there are more Avantis 'flying under the radar.'
              Last edited by Indyted; 07-28-2016, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Back in the 80's I was looking at and comparing the local roster and the international roster. More than half of the local members didn't belong to the AOAI. Then again, at that time the international was having problems getting out their news letters and people were dropping out.

Comment

Working...
                X