Thread: A 1962 GT Hawk just like the one I had here before

Commander Member

A 1962 GT Hawk just like the one I had here before

Gave up on trying to buy the '62 from my friend which I had at my home for some time doing work and driving around and falling in love with, so went out and found another, and this one is a four speed...YEA! Hers is yellow, mine is black, her interior perfect, mine a mess, hers has some rust, mine does not.
    Few pictures of her car:
    !962 Studebaker GT 010.jpg
    !962 Studebaker GT 001.jpg
    !962 Studebaker GT 002.jpg
    !962 Studebaker GT 009.jpg
    Now my car:
    IMG_0775.jpg
    Engine 2.jpg
    Engine 3.jpg
    Back seat.jpg
    Front seats.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well...while the yellow one looks cool and neat...the Black one has much more potential. (Not so much in physical performance, but read on.) It has more potential in "perceived" performance. While black can be hot, as in temperature, It can be HOT...as in WOW!...and that's cool.

The other one is sorta cool too...as in "Mellow Yellow," but never as perceptually "Intimidating," as the "BLACK HAWK." A yellow car can be sassy, but a black one can be sassy & classy at the same time. The black hawk, upholstered in bold red, white headliner, painted up, cleaned up, and shined up...a timeless assembly for the enjoyment of consecutive generations of human caretakers. Now...it is your turn.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Commander Member
    Thanks, I was thinking along those lines and I do like the black ...but may paint front portion of roof Black along with hood and trunk with back portion of roof Red along with Red sides, Interior done in Black w/Red inserts or piping. This this has to wait awhile, still working on my '71 Chevy pick-up getting it ready to paint.

President Member

Commander Member
    OK, I get it now...All Black is the way to go (stay)

Commander Member
    Have been spending most of my time getting my '71 Chevy truck ready to paint but haven't forgotten Hawk. Last night picked up seats from upholster shop, not to find carpet for the thing.
    Hawk-A.JPG
    Hawk-B.JPG
    Hawk-C.JPG
    Hawk-D.JPG
    Hawk-F.JPG

President Member
    Very nice!

Commander Member

Working on floor

Studebaker HJPG..JPGBack-1.JPGStudebaker A.JPGStudebaker B.JPGStudebaker CJPG.JPGStudebaker FJPG..JPGStudebaker EJPG.JPGStudebaker GJPG..JPGFinally getting back to work on my '62 after finishing paint job on truck. Plan was to replace heater with an aluminum one, instead old one is in San Diego shop awaiting a new core...told it was going to be $175., hope I'm not being overcharged. Didn't use my Mig welder for patch panels (made from hood of 1968 GTO) because with my skills at welding would probable made more holes.