Kelly Marion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly Marion

Kelly Marion out of Tucson AZ. Passed away last week. He was known on the forum as Kelmbaker. Kelly had long been into studebakers. He was on the newsgroup forum years ago. I recently met him in person while doing some work on his Lark. Here is a link if you want to make a comment to his guest book.
    RIP MY STUDEBAKER FRIEND!

Russ

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
    53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
    57 SH (project)
    60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Remember him well.... RIP and pleasant journeys..
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I was leaving town on Monday July 11 to fly to Montana when I got a call from Cindy, his wife. It was such a shock and unexpected. I have known Kelly for over 25 years. He first contacted me about a car that I had placed in Turning Wheels. He was living in Flagstaff at the time and I was in Tucson. Over the years we have chased after cars, bought and sold many and had great Studebaker times. I will miss the calls that I get every week.

Kelly leaves his mother living in Buffalo, wife Cindy, children Brian, Katie, and Sean and one granddaughter plus many in the Firefighter Family members.

Bob Miles
      Tucson AZ

Comment

Sorry to hear this. Kelly was one of the good ones. Our sympathy goes out to his family and loved ones. Kelly purchased parts from us when we were in the parts business several years ago and was always a pleasure to deal with.

Ted & Mary Ann

Comment

Deepest condolences to Cindy & the entire family on Kelly's untimely passing.

Comment

Russ, sorry to hear of Kelly's passing. While we never met in person, we had a few lengthy phone calls - as usually happens when two Stude sorts start tradin' stories. I've wondered in recent times, whatever had happened to that Lark wagon that was the 100 thousandth Lark built. Do you know if that thing still exists?
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

'Never got to meet Kelly but knew he was one of The Good Guys. RIP, Kelly. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Russ, sorry to hear of Kelly's passing. While we never met in person, we had a few lengthy phone calls - as usually happens when two Stude sorts start tradin' stories. I've wondered in recent times, whatever had happened to that Lark wagon that was the 100 thousandth Lark built. Do you know if that thing still exists?

I was the owner of the 100,000 Lark Tahiti Coral V8 Overdrive wagon. It was originally sold to a rocket/space engineer in California. I reluctantly sold it when I was very ill but the guy I sold it lived in Phoenix. Turns out he was not a real Studebaker guy(more of an ijet) and probably sold the car. I had all the things that went with it including a ladies wristwatch that had the Lark logo imprinted. Maybe someone in Phoenix has is now.

I will be printing soon a Craigslist ad to sell all of Kelly's cars and parts. If anyone is coming out on the 21st and 22nd to Tucson/Vail and is interested let me know. Everything is priced to sell, including the 62 GT Hawk with R2612 engine.

Bob Miles
                Tucson AZ

Comment

Working...
                X