Hawk hood hinges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk hood hinges

DOES ANY KNOW OF HOOD HINGES FROM A LATER MODEL CAR THAT WOULD WORK ON A 60 HAWK THAT WOULD BOTH FIT AND SUPPORT THE HOOD WITHOUT THE USE OF THE SUPPORT STICK?

Don't think the hood could withstand the stress without reinforcement.

Comment

Doesn't exactly answer your question, but have you considered this way of opening a Hawk's hood?

Comment

Originally posted by 56Golden View Post
        Doesn't exactly answer your question, but have you considered this way of opening a Hawk's hood?

http://www.studebaker-info.org/tech/.../sdc8122m.html
        I like the idea of a forward opening hood, Studebaker should of done it "back in the day"
        Also would've saved my scalp numerous wounds from banging my noggin on the front hood edge!
        sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
        Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
        "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Come on guys..........Lifting that hood and connecting the support rod is good exercise.....

Comment

Plus...if over the years you lifted '56 - '61 Hawk hoods with that heavy die cast grille...by comparison, the '62 - '64 Hawk hoods seemed light!

(Although I must confess that all my current Studebakers are '61 and later Larks with torsion rod hoods.)

Comment

IRA,the answer is NO,Hawks never had a hood supported by the hinges.They used a support rod until the very end.
              Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                Don't think the hood could withstand the stress without reinforcement.
                do you know if a support re bending is available and from who?
                thanks

Comment

thank you, i have seen that. also considering gas struts similar to mustang. if any others have ideas i would love to hear them. thanks all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ira View Post
                    do you know if a support re bending is available and from who?
                    thanks
                    Classic Enterprises make them. They run up the side groove about 20 inches, with a triangular plate for the rear corner.

Comment

Working...
                    X