No announcement yet.

HELP!!! What is this 1964 Hawk worth???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!! What is this 1964 Hawk worth???

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1974[1].JPG
Views:	1
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	1751290Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1976[1].JPG
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	1751294Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1987[1].JPG
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	1751293Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2016.JPG
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	1751296Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1972.JPG
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	1751297Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1980[1].JPG
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	1751291Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1975.JPG
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	1751298Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1981.JPG
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	1751299

Hello everyone!

My uncle recently passed away and I am responsible for liquidating his estate. He owned this 1964 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk and I have no idea what I should be selling it for. The car is in very good condition, paint is great, and runs with a little coaxing (carburetor may need to be replaced). There are 84,955.1 miles on the car and it is located in Grand Island, NE. If any of you have suggestions on what this should be sold for or have interest in buying it, please let me know! I really appreciate any guidance you can give. Also, my uncle's other Studebaker (mint green 1954 Champion) will also be posted so please offer up any advice you may have.

Thanks!

Blake DeNoyer
    817-243-6467
    Attached Files

Your uncle had some really nice cars.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Plenty of Studebaker club members in the Grand Island/Hastings/Kearney area. Someone there may be able to help you. One comes to mind in Grand Island, his name is Eugene White. If you cannot find his phone number send me a private message and I will furnish that to you. If nothing else he may be able to steer you to someone there who has a clue as to the value.
      Last edited by 41 Frank; 07-05-2016, 10:03 AM.
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

That is a great looking GT. The best way to determine a true value is to list the car at auction (E-bay or contact a local company that lists Proxibid or Auctionzip or both) with a reserve you can live with. The mwrket will then decide a true value. Please post some pics of the 54 if you havent yet. Thanks, Steve
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
          That is a great looking GT. The best way to determine a true value is to list the car at auction (E-bay or contact a local company that lists Proxibid or Auctionzip or both) with a reserve you can live with. The mwrket will then decide a true value. Please post some pics of the 54 if you havent yet. Thanks, Steve
          X2. Long-distance on-line evaluations are suspect. Some of us here are golden anniversary CASOs and never would pay retail. Others of us want to see the value of Studes go up in the market, so will throw out big numbers, safe in knowing they're not going to be called to put up the cash. eBay is the real world of collector car value. If you've never sold there, pay someone to help with the photos and writing the sales description.

jack vines
          PackardV8

Comment

I like the car. I have owned a black 1964 Hawk.
            I could throw out a guesstimate, but your best bet is eBay. List it with a good description and the pictures that you already have. Start the bidding out very low to get the auction rolling. Have a reserve price that you can live with. The World market will determine today's price for your Hawk.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
              Your uncle had some really nice cars.
              And my advice would be to keep it in the family and enjoy it, provided you have the space.

Craig

Comment

The 54 Champion, if in similar condition will probably bring more money. The desirability of the 54 is greater than that of the 64. The 64 is more than likely a better built and better engineered car, but the market says otherwise in terms of value.
                Having sold many GTs over the years, I would have to hold my opinion on this one due to the lack of further information. If that is the original mileage, and paint, the question for me would be the status of the undercarriage. If the car has lived its life in Nebraska, how have the winters been on it in its early years? Rust on the frame? On the floors? In the sheetmetal? Were the roads ever salted in the Winter? Too many unknowns at this point.
                I would advise checking with your local Studebaker Chapter to have someone come out and look it over and assess it. Reporting back here would then allow some of us to give you more knowledgeable advice.
                But as said above, ebay will likely give you the best answer. Be sure to have a nice ad put up with lots of pictures of everything, inside, out, under hood, and a concise description. Perhaps even take it to a local Studebaker mechanic and have him (or her.. sheesh) tune up that carb. You'll want it to be running at its best.
                And good luck, it looks like a real nice one from what we can see.
                sals54

Comment

Very nice Cars both of them, he had better than Great cars.
                  It would seem that someone in SDC in the area had to know this serious Stude. Guy and Club Member.

I was surprised to find FOUR SDC Members in Grand Island, NB being from the West, I never heard of it, but it must be a sizable Town to have 4 Members there.

I would never post the former owners name without permission from the seller, but I did not find a match in the 2015 SDC Roster for the 2 Cars in Grand Island.
                  Last edited by StudeRich; 07-05-2016, 05:37 PM.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

That GT is beautiful! If I were lucky enough to own it, I'd put AC and PS on it, then drive and enjoy it.

Comment

Beautiful cars, but as always way too far from me to consider. If this were a 4 speed with disc brakes I'd find a way!! Value would best be discovered through an auction. E-Bay or an other dedicated car auction company. E-Bay is the cheap way, the others will cost quite a bit of the proceeds, whether buyer pays premiums or not that cost is always considered by bidders. The real question boils down to how much time and effort you are willing to put in to get the best price or just a reasonable amount to settle the estate. Best of luck, both are worthy of owning based on what I see.

Comment

I saw both cars a few days ago. They're only a few blocks from my house, although I never met the owner and never saw the cars before last week.

I can't tell you what's original and what's been restored, and since they're in an estate I doubt if we'll ever know, but I can tell you that these are both very clean, very nice, cars that you could take to any car show and be proud of. Even the undersides are immaculate. They've been sitting, so I'm sure they'll need the usual battery, brake, and tune-up work, but I think you can look at the photos, especially the paint in the engine compartments, and get a pretty good idea of the overall condition.

Someone will be very happy owning either or both of these cars. I would rank them equal as far as condition.

I guess the other thing to consider is the circumstances the original poster is dealing with. He's trying to settle an estate with real estate and personal property, and then here are these two cars that are probably going to turn into the biggest headache in the whole process. It's really not fair to him. I hope everyone on here has a file with detailed information on their cars, including estimates of value, the repair/restoration work that's been done, and maybe instructions on who to call for help selling. If you're hit by a milk truck tomorrow whoever is stuck trying to settle your estate will thank you. I know talking to him has made me realize I need to start making some file folders on all of my junk.
                        ?Wanted: Power Steering Parts for a 60 Lark.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01266.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	1707764
                          Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                          And my advice would be to keep it in the family and enjoy it, provided you have the space.

Craig
                          I have the same advice, Keep it in the family as it looks great as it is. I have had mine 46 years.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                          MELBOURNE.

Comment

Originally posted by bdenoyer View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]56065[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56069[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56068[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56071[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56072[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56066[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56073[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56074[/ATTACH]

Hello everyone!
                            . He owned this 1964 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk and I have no idea what I should be selling it for. The car is in very good condition.
                            Thanks!
                            Blake DeNoyer
                            817-243-6467
                            The Hemmings site currently lists 18 62-64 Hawks for sale in the USA. Removing the 3 that need total restoration, highest asking price is 35,000, lowest 12,500. Average sale price is $19,850. There is your as-of July 2016 USA sellers market for comparison. From the pics, your Uncles vehicle is clearly in above average condition, and so the asking price should reflect that. Good luck! Quentin.
                            PS - in Oz, this would likely be a plus 30,000 car.

Comment

Just to add a comment about car sales (ask price)..... I'm finding now that eBay has many more vehicles with buy it now at ridiculous asking prices. The sellers are either afraid of the market, or might want to "make" the market - I really don't know. My impression now is that eBay auctions are currently out of whack given the myriad of over-valued cars....

Comment

Working...
                              X