No announcement yet.

HELP!!! What is this 1964 Hawk worth???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a nice looking 1964 GT Hawk, but it looks to be missing the proper chrome grill inserts. I am also wondering if it's also missing the aluminum side rocker moldings?

Good luck selling both cars!

Allen
    1964 GT Hawk
    PSMCDR 2014
    Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
    PSMCDR 2013
    Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by jackb View Post
      Just to add a comment about car sales (ask price)..... I'm finding now that eBay has many more vehicles with buy it now at ridiculous asking prices. The sellers are either afraid of the market, or might want to "make" the market - I really don't know. My impression now is that eBay auctions are currently out of whack given the myriad of over-valued cars....
      Yes, I too have noticed the large number of cars on eBay with only a BIN price. EBay is supposed to be an auction site, use it as such. The reserve price on the auction provides price protection.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Most of the over priced "But it Now" Car owners/flippers soon relist them at a reasonable reserve if they are smart, they were just fishing and hoping to catch the BIG One! Lol!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by Quentin View Post
          The Hemmings site currently lists 18 62-64 Hawks for sale in the USA. Removing the 3 that need total restoration, highest asking price is 35,000, lowest 12,500. Average sale price is $19,850. There is your as-of July 2016 USA sellers market for comparison. From the pics, your Uncles vehicle is clearly in above average condition, and so the asking price should reflect that. Good luck! Quentin.
          PS - in Oz, this would likely be a plus 30,000 car.
          "List price", "selling price", and "asking price" are different from, "sold price", which would be more helpful to the OP. Plus, HMN list prices sometimes seem to come from la-la land. I seriously doubt sold prices would be available from HMN, but wonder about ebay, other than if a person happens to have the item "saved to favorites" when the auction ended.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
            "List price", "selling price", and "asking price" are different from, "sold price", which would be more helpful to the OP. Plus, HMN list prices sometimes seem to come from la-la land. I seriously doubt sold prices would be available from HMN, but wonder about ebay, other than if a person happens to have the item "saved to favorites" when the auction ended.
            You can search closed auctions on eBay and the results will indicate if the highest price attained was a sold price. I often use the sold prices as a guide.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
            X