Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 39 Commander 2 door sdn is all original so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 39 Commander 2 door sdn is all original so far?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9771.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	1751146I have not been to only one car show with the 39 and wasn't much of a car show mostly hot Rods and modern cars. I felt out of place. So now I only take rides out in the country to enjoy the car. I did notice rhe rear end leaking some so I need to take it apart and repair. The headlight are not good enough for night driving. The car had 48,000 miles from new. A very nice driving car very tight no rattles. I did put skirts on her because she a lady. That about it for today.

You have a fine automobile!

Comment

That's a beautiful car. I really would like to have it.

Comment

That's a beautiful car. Maybe you are going to the wrong type of car shows if you feel out of place. Most guys with hot rods still appreciate nice original cars. Most of the people who may comments like " It needs an LS1" or" It needs a Hemi" are either kidding or they are jealous.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

I can see your lady parked infield at Hersey!
          Looking good!
          sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
          Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
          "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Sweet Heyseuss, that is beautiful. I did not even know they made fender skirts for that car. Now I want some for mine! Also, this must be very rare as it is a 2dr sdn.
            39 Commander Sedan
            2nd and 4th Owner
            58k original miles, numbers matching

Comment

Comment

A lot of cruises have new cars with big stereos & that's all! I like a well done H/R but radical customs turn me off, your car really looks good & I would be proud to own it.

Comment

Yeah, don't worry about people not being interested.

I used to have an old 59 Ferrari GT 250 PF coupe. I took it to a local cruise in at the McDonalds one night and not one person stopped to talk about it. I never figured out why.....was it they had no clue what it was? Perhaps they thought it was a Fiat. I never worried about it.

The cars with big v8s got all the attention.

Nice 39 too. More pictures would be appreciated.
                  Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Lovely car! I'm sure a nice, leisurely drive in her makes the day that much brighter.
                    Dean Seavers
                    Sacramento, CA

Comment

Working...
                    X