Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poor 'ol 64 GT not execised in 11 years! (now with photos)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor 'ol 64 GT not execised in 11 years! (now with photos)

So I was tooling around today in my '54 for really the first time this year thinking it was a shame that it took so long to get it out of hibernation this year when I came across some 'estate sale signs' on the way home. I figured with nothing better to do why not take a peek...rounded the corner of an intersection and there was a purty '64 GT sitting in the driveway of the estate sale. Blew my mind because I have passed by this house on a daily basis since 1989 and have never seen this GT...ever. Window sticker said "horizon green"...but I don't really know Stude factory colors...sure had a lot of metal flake in it to be a factory color. 1/2 white vinyl roof, black interior, 289 with powershift and air con. Less than 70,000 miles, real wire wheels, she was a real looker. Had an SDC sticker in the back window. Info in window said that it hadn't been driven since 2005...such a shame as this car is a looker and appears to be in great shape...should get out on nice days for a romp. It was priced at 19,500 and according to one of the sale attendants sold first thing this am. Hopefully the new owner will take it out and play with it. Took some photos on my lame cell phone, tried to download but it is being uncooperative...if it decides to behave I will post. Cheers, Junior
    Last edited by junior; 06-10-2016, 06:30 AM.
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Kijiji link here: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-garage-sale-y...-sw/1172220268

Craig

Comment

sigpic
      Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
        Do you know of this car Craig? I wonder if it was in Edmonton at some point...Reliable Engine Services rebuid tag on the driver's valve cover, and Endura paint tag on the inside of the glove compartment....both Edmonton based companies. Junior
        sigpic
        1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

It needs me.
          Mike Davis
          1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

That 'Horizon Green' color (P-6414) really doesn't do much for this Hawk!

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
              That 'Horizon Green' color (P-6414) really doesn't do much for this Hawk!
              that photo does not do the color, whatever it may be, any justice...IMO the car is a looker...it sure grabbed my attention. getting younger generation to help figure out my phone's issue...photos soon. daughter will be coming to my rescue soon. cheers, junior
              sigpic
              1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

My Champ was originally Horizon Green until repainted in a 70's Chrysler shade. I'll be returning it to its original glory...sometime!
                Mike Davis
                1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                  Do you know of this car Craig? I wonder if it was in Edmonton at some point...Reliable Engine Services rebuid tag on the driver's valve cover, and Endura paint tag on the inside of the glove compartment....both Edmonton based companies. Junior
                  Keith Brooks attempted to find out the owner when it was left for servicing at the Husky Station in Woodbine in 2004: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...his-date/page2

From then on, it 'vanished' until Jack Gregory mentioned it at the chapter meeting on Tuesday, and sent the link out today: http://www.whatsitworthbrian.com/estatesales.html

Craig

Comment

Sure looks great to me too! Looking forward to more pictures, especially a side view of those wheels.
                    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                    64 Zip Van
                    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Here are a couple of photos...I don't get it though as the green was much more vivid in the sun when I took the quick shots yesterday. When my daughter was helping me with technical cell phone difficulties she couldn't believe how the color changed from what appeared on the phone and how it translated to these images. Like I said earlier, I'm not up on stock Stude colors, but the paint looked like it had more of a metallic lime hue to it in real life and I can't recall ever seeing such a striking color on a stock Studebaker. It is what it is I guess, regardless I think it's a sharp example of a GT. cheers, Junior
                      Attached Files
                      sigpic
                      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Junior Very nice looking hawk. Someone got themselves a very nice car. wouldn't mind owning that one.

Comment

It truly is a classy ride!

Comment

I love the '64 Hawks & have had mine for 46 years. I must confess my favorite '64 color is Strato Blue.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01266.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	1707183

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                            MELBOURNE.

Comment

Its now on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-G...m=182279722046

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X