No announcement yet.

The Saturday Night Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished welding in and finishing out holes where regal trim was. I can't turn back now.

Have some good regal trim for sale:

All but one of these pieces (one of the upper quarter window pieces is fair) is good for driver or replate. The lower right q window piece is NOS. $125.00

Comment

Well progress is slow but thankfully picking up a little. Got all the finish body work done on hood. It's been blocked and primed again, and is ready for sanding and paint:

Same holds true for the trunk lid.

The top and the left side, all body work, primed, blocked, and primed. ready for sanding:

Will be moving to right side maybe tomorrow???

Comment

Great to see the progress, keep us posted!
        sigpic
        Dave Lester

Comment

Tex, the SNS was already a bada** car when I saw it in its before state. The progress looks great.. Can't wait to see it once you've worked it over.

Comment

Thanks, guys. I have the right door finished with body work, blocking, and primer. Working on fitting the quarter on this side. I'll finish this quarter and then move to the last of the body work and primer. It includes finishing the area around windshield, the rocker panels and a few pieces of front sheetmetal. The fenders are ready to bolt on and then they have to be blocked and primed again. I am making a little progress.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0494.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	1711175Lookin' Good Tex. I picked up a 53 C myself recently. Maybe we can get a picture of them together someday. Neil
              Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by Flashback View Post
                Thanks, guys. I have the right door finished with body work, blocking, and primer. Working on fitting the quarter on this side. I'll finish this quarter and then move to the last of the body work and primer. It includes finishing the area around windshield, the rocker panels and a few pieces of front sheetmetal. The fenders are ready to bolt on and then they have to be blocked and primed again. I am making a little progress.
                Makes me tired just thinking about it.
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]60046[/ATTACH]Lookin' Good Tex. I picked up a 53 C myself recently. Maybe we can get a picture of them together someday. Neil
                  I would really like that Neil. Hope I can get going before too long.. I really like your new toy. They are that way only once.

Comment

Well, I did finish the right quarter panel as well as getting the left door aligned correctly. It's hard to get these body panels where the fit is acceptable. Still working on right door alignment.

Starting to see a little progress. The right fender is sitting ready to start the front sheet metal alignment.

Bout finished the front lower air scoop with body work, on to priming and blocking.

Testing to see if I can add new photo:: Here goes
                    Last edited by Flashback; 05-18-2018, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Taking up again, working on left door to finish alignment and have had to move the lower hinge in, a few months back. Now the shimming and alignment. Next finish the lower scoop.

Click image for larger version

Name:	veterans day 16 010.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	1720846

Comment

Great to see you are able to work on it again!!!!!
                        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by Flashback View Post
                          Taking up again, working on left door to finish alignment and have had to move the lower hinge in, a few months back. Now the shimming and alignment. Next finish the lower scoop.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72818[/ATTACH]
                          If you'll hurry and finish The Saturday Night Special (The SNS) (Hey, that's a good tag number, you should try to get it) you can come up and work on Buttercup for me. <G>
                          Jerry Forrester
                          Forrester's Chrome
                          Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Working...
                          X