Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just can't wait to get on the road again....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just can't wait to get on the road again....

It's alive! 1952 2R17A, sitting for 15 plus years...started up again on Monday. I have a new radiator in place tonight, so more engine operation later this week.

Some pics of the radiator in the frame. I misjudged the sides by 3/8", but otherwise, the top, back and bottom fits very nicely, I thought. Wizard Cooling, $529.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Radiator 6-16 003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	1705815Click image for larger version

Name:	Radiator 6-16 006.jpg
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	1705816Click image for larger version

Name:	Radiator 6-16 007.jpg
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	1705817Click image for larger version

Name:	Radiator 6-16 009.JPG
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	1705818Click image for larger version

Name:	Radiator 6-16 011.jpg
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	1705819Click image for larger version

Name:	Radiator 6-16 013.jpg
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	1705820Click image for larger version

Name:	Radiator 6-16 014.jpg
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	1705821

Comment

Wizard Cooling.
      Very friendly, didn't balk at trying to get this right and make this new radiator happen. It's a modification of the Studebaker Coupe radiator they have in stock, with the openings rearranged to fit the truck application. I'm a very happy customer.

Find parts like 60302-100 1953-1956 Studebaker Coupe Aluminum Radiator 1953-1956 Studebaker Coupe Aluminum Radiator from brands like Wizard Cooling Inc and more at WizardCooling.com , West Falls, NY

Comment

You gonna be mad, but I paid a lot less for mine... little shorter and supposed to handle 300-500 hp. won't get near that on a stocker.
        Ebay baby. I can look it up if you'd like.

good to see another truck heading back to the road!

Comment

I've seen less expensive ones, but I went with this company after googling 1952 Studebaker truck radiator and this and another company's sites came up.
          Considering I spent more than this for my Lark radiator 4 years ago being recored and was advised a new replacement brass/copper build was going to be $1100, I'm not complaining a bit.

Comment

Just watched Leo's video.

Instead of me offering my opinion, as I like to do, may I ask others' opinions please?

For what period of time would you run an engine without any water in it? I can tell you how long I would, but am interested in everyone's opinions, please.
            RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
            4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
            5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Sounds good to me. I was aware, it could be done, for seconds at a time I've heard to as long as a minute or two.
              Honestly, the truck probably was cranked over about as long, maybe longer, as we were trying to get it to fire than as long as you saw it run. Not all in one winding up, of course.

I know the video of someone's Stude V8 on a stand I saw recently, complete with battery tray and wheels, ran it as long as we did this, maybe a little less, but not much if so. Watching that was what triggered me to quit sitting around and waiting for the radiator before we even cranked it over to try to get it to fire. You'll all know if we caused any damage, don't worry.

Comment

Working...
              X