Factory Engine Bay Colors for 1950 Studebaker Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory Engine Bay Colors for 1950 Studebaker Champion

Does anyone have the factory colors and/or paint codes used for a 1950 Studebaker Champion in the engine bay? I have been able to find all of the decals and tags, but I would like it to go back to a stock look. The colors are important there.
    1950 Studebaker Champion 4 Door Sedan

The engine compartment should be painted the same as the body color.
    John
    1950 Champion
    W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
    Holdrege NE

Comment

ok, so not black in the bay or anything like that? The entire bay should be color matched? Thanks.

Comment

The engines themselves are a grey-green color. The starter, air cleaner, radiator, battery tray (and the all-important battery hold-down) and generator are black. Color of the oil filter case varies, depending if the filter was factory or a dealer add-on. I think the factory color is orange, but mine is white and blue.
        John
        1950 Champion
        W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
        Holdrege NE

Comment

I would consider the following picture of a VERY original, if badly abused, 1947 Champion engine bay, as a reference.

John
          1950 Champion
          W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
          Holdrege NE

Comment

Unfortunately the "Abused" part of this one is the Complete Engine.

What you cannot see is that the Engine USED to be Olive Green, the complete Engine all the way back to the Tail of the Trans., an Orange W/Black Lid Fram Oil Filter, and an Olive Green Oil cap

No Gray/Green, it is the Old Bell Telephone, U.S. Army or Packard Green available at Studebaker Vendors at: http://studebakervendors.com

Here is a 1951 Champion:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	51 Champ Business Coupe7.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	1705090
            Last edited by StudeRich; 04-30-2016, 10:41 PM.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I couldn't find this photo last night, but this what a 1950 Champion engine bay would look like fresh from the factory.

I can't remember where I originally found this picture, otherwise I would happily give credit to the owner who did all the work to make this engine bay look SOOOO nice.
              And, as Studerich stated, "Bell Telephone Green" is the correct shade of green for the engine.
              Its also worth noting that the fan shroud and the sheet metal ahead of the radiator, where the hood latch is mounted, would be matte black.
              Last edited by Lothar; 05-01-2016, 12:28 PM. Reason: Add a thought
              John
              1950 Champion
              W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
              Holdrege NE

Comment

Originally posted by Lothar View Post
                I couldn't find this photo last night, but this what a 1950 Champion engine bay would look like fresh from the factory.

I can't remember where I originally found this picture, otherwise I would happily give credit to the owner who did all the work to make this engine bay look SOOOO nice.
                And, as Studerich stated, "Bell Telephone Green" is the correct shade of green for the engine.
                Its also worth noting that the fan shroud and the sheet metal ahead of the radiator, where the hood latch is mounted, would be matte black.
                A 50 Champion would look like that except for the Commander engine.
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

Thanks Lothar! That get's me the gist.

Comment

Champion, Commander... tomato, tomahto.
                    John
                    1950 Champion
                    W-3 4 Dr. Sedan